Faux.1937

Can anet delete this topic? Its stupid.

SAB or RIOT

Anet should just delete d/d weapon set

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

^ lol .

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: MilkCarton.4087

MilkCarton.4087

We need this weaponset for thief to showcase their 100-0 burst montage on youtube. Ofc with all the deaths edited out.

in Thief

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

No ! D/D rules

Don’t listen to people or go for meta-builds, make your own build one that fits your style, that is what GW is all about

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

d/d is straight broken in WvW lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

No ! D/D rules

Don’t listen to people or go for meta-builds, make your own build one that fits your style, that is what GW is all about

I love the idea of D/D but I just can’t see how it rules right now? I would love to dual wield Incinerators, but I also enjoy not dying!

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

in Thief

Posted by: Kaffeglass.5371

Kaffeglass.5371

I have been thinking of this aswell.
Why would we even have that set since its not even close to be viable?

A little adjustment from ANET and it could be viable again.. But then again, with all passive procs+ aegis, blocks and kitten.. D/D would be destroyed in 2sec.

in Thief

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

in Thief

Posted by: Kaffeglass.5371

Kaffeglass.5371

Well SA should be working well with D/D imo.. They just have to adjust SA before D/D can be viable.

D/D is much harder to play, therefor stealth with D/D should be longer.

in Thief

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

Well SA should be working well with D/D imo.. They just have to adjust SA before D/D can be viable.

D/D is much harder to play, therefor stealth with D/D should be longer.

My link in the post above yours gives dd some tweaking to strengthen the chance of getting the backstab

Imo, weapons with thief are a bit more fluid and in turn need additional traits with them – ie. One condi and one power for dagger; of which would be attached to another trait which matches it perfectly or as much as it can

Ie. Power dagger would go with hidden killer or side strikes to boost the damage on backstab

Where as condi would combine leech venoms and dagger training

Thus giving greater option to how to play your daggers, especially with it being a hybrid weapon

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The more decoupling of traits from weapon combinations, the better. Traits shouldn’t fix weapon sets or allow them to work. Stats should. Traits should affect how a given player in general approaches combat.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The more decoupling of traits from weapon combinations, the better. Traits shouldn’t fix weapon sets or allow them to work. Stats should. Traits should affect how a given player in general approaches combat.

I’ve been saying this for a long time. There was a long stretch of time where Anet seemed to be obsessed with fixing skill issues through trait updates, which is a terrible balancing paradigm.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve been saying this for a long time. There was a long stretch of time where Anet seemed to be obsessed with fixing skill issues through trait updates, which is a terrible balancing paradigm.

You and me both. I recall numerous threads where we agreed on the issue and had similar balance philosophies.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Replace it with Torch/Torch.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yessss. that’s the best weapon set I have ever heard. Please add torch/torch next expansion.

So unconventional

Even better start allowing 1 handed weapons to be used with two handed weapons. like Greatsword/sword or something. Let get even more extreme. Greatsword/ Greatsword. (Everyone would want two legendary great-swords in their hands.)

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in Thief

Posted by: omega.3758

omega.3758

There is a thief npc in one of the bandit camps in brisban wildlands that uses pistol/torch. He has a skill where he fires his bullets through the torch fire to stack burning on you. I though HoT would introduce torch to thief because their is already an NPC with this weapon set.

in Thief

Posted by: Perez.1670

Perez.1670

d/d condi is super broken atm if played right.
d/d stealth zerk, is strong BUT probably the hardest set to use in pvp.
d/d evasion+zerk is relativly weak but done right can make any situation in its favor, although d/p would be better for that

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

in Thief

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I was considering rolling thief, im mostly interested in dare devil, but d/d is such an important weapon set id rather not play a thief after all.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

More like they should delete balancing team.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

More like they should delete balancing team.

wich team? pvp only focus’s on amulet and runes, and there is another team for pve/wvw skill’s wich screws up pvp in the end game… nice brain-cells.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

This is still a thing?

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

D/D is for condi because of the 3rd weapon skill, how about accepting this fact and stop QQ about that D/D sucks……

in Thief

emkelly.2371

^this
15 chars

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

D/D shouldn’t be about spamming 3 mindlessly while getting free kills.

Nothing in this game should be like that.

Maybe if they properly redesigned the kit, it’d be good for both builds?

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Condi D/D may be annoying to fight against, and it may be mainly about spamming 3 (and dodge) but really, how is that much different then the main Power D/P or P/P build?

They are all gimmick builds around getting off one specific combo.

D/P thieves can 100%-0% most classes in 0.5 seconds if they get the drop on them, and no one complains about them.

P/P thieves can spam 3 as well, and you people don’t complain about them.

in Thief

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

The stigma against condi DB thieves stems from their ability to pull off heavy condi damage with one button, while retaining high survival capabilities. This is mostly a difficulty in PvP where you have to match or exceed their evades and conditions on a point.

In WvW anyone with mobility and a strong ranged weapon can kite and take out a DB thief, but if they have dire they can (sometimes) afford to make a few mistakes and survive bursts until their CDs pop. Most D/D thieves doing this are going to be taking dire. This is not really the case with D/P and P/P thieves, who can be taken down quickly in between stealths/bursts due to their glassy stats. P/P has a worst time of it in any game mode now that everyone carries reflects and they have no real defense/kiting that doesn’t eat up initiative for their Unload.

in Thief

emkelly.2371

yes, Death Blossom can stack bleeds, but it takes time to build up. by the time you use death blossom to stack 15 bleeds your opponent has cleared the condi’s at least once. sure you can reapply them with either Lotus Training or Death blossom, but it takes time. It’s not like plague signet or a shatter burst.

Also, you keep complaining about Death Blossom, but the real threat is Lotus Training’s Impaling Lotus +Uncatchable’s Caltrops.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

It’s a mix of being one-skill-wonders with probably the lowest skill floor in the game paired with having what is probably one of the most absurd damage application abilities in the game which lets them get evades while simultaneously dealing damage. Either or is fine (see power thief). D/D condi with the animation changes is just stupidly safe and quite frankly one of the few continuous cancers that just seem to keep spreading to trying to make the game as a whole less interactive in respects to its PvP and class design.

Caltrops is weak. Uncatchable and LT (LT sucks) are whatever. The issue is Death Blossom’s evade.

And no, D/D condi thief does not have a slow condition buildup time. I can get my own to start ticking for around 3-5k condition ticks in about two seconds. It’s got some of the best potential in the game for condi burst.

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Death blossom applies 3 bleeds at a time, steal applies 6 confusion. death blossom takes 3/4 a second. so in 2 seconds assuming you only use steal and Death blossom you can get 9 bleeds on an opponent. that’s not enough to tick for 3.5k

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Spider Venom, Steal into dodges, extra two poison on steal from DA.

11-13 bleeding, 8 poison, 1 torment , 5 confusion, weakness, cripple, assuming no on-crit effects or DT procs.

All applied while evading.

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Ah.so you run a different build then i do. you’s is much glassier. but still that’s not just using one skill that’s using a venom and steal as well. so it still takes set up.

Besides, that build is trash.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

Lol, pull the other one will ya “more glassier” no such thing as a glass condi build, especially while evading.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Glassy D/D condi Daredevil? LOL.

I mean c’mon if the set itself wasn’t as much of a crutch as it is and the only stat available was full viper, maybe there’d be a somewhat cohesive argument.

But Dire/TB evasion is one of the most durable builds out there for its killing speed right now unless you’re literally just horrible.