Posted by: Ecclaire.5421

Ecclaire.5421

finally what my guardian was wearing when she took all that damage

Attachments:

Another round of nerfs for retaliation but Thief still hitting too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Combat logs aren’t representative of anything. They are wrong many times.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

finally what my guardian was wearing when she took all that damage

Very fancy dress.You look much better than my thief.You also have less toughness and HP than my thief…

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: Timberfox.2438

Timberfox.2438

3200 attack? sounds like someone is going for a glass cannon build anyways

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

2400 armor only? My glass cannon thief got nearly as much. And you got only like, +140-180 points which makes it likely the thief server got most orb bonuses. Checking, Jade Quarry. Yep, they seem to be mostly hanging on all three orbs.

in Thief

Ecclaire.5421

2400 armor only? My glass cannon thief got nearly as much. And you got only like, +140-180 points which makes it likely the thief server got most orb bonuses. Checking, Jade Quarry. Yep, they seem to be mostly hanging on all three orbs.

2497 armor. I can bump it over 2600 with my shield on and setting the bonus trait. As far as I can see though, makes little difference. In PvP, my engineer has about 150 point less armor, still getting hit way too hard. Even if I had all +tough +vit gear with +tough +vit runes and +tough +vit accessories, I only get up around 2700 with a shield on. Damage should still be coming in around 5k to 7k per hit and my damage would suck

in Thief

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

It’s not even spvp.
Berserker exotics, truffle… thing, power\precision stack on kill, orbs, mightstack from group, vulnerability stack. Numbers can go wild really fast with these in mind.

in Thief

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

these “nerfs” to the thief didnt really do anything. the overall dmg in your combo is still the same.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

2497 armor. I can bump it over 2600 with my shield on and setting the bonus trait. As far as I can see though, makes little difference. In PvP, my engineer has about 150 point less armor, still getting hit way too hard. Even if I had all +tough +vit gear with +tough +vit runes and +tough +vit accessories, I only get up around 2700 with a shield on. Damage should still be coming in around 5k to 7k per hit and my damage would suck

You should be able to get to 3k armor. You forgot to improve your jewelry it seems. Looking at it I see only blue or green stuff, mostly karma things. Nearly half your stats come from the jewelry.

Also, in sPvP the highest DPS specs aren’t possible, no matter what you do, berzerk and valkyrie got some stats allocated to vitality or thoughness. In WvWvW on the other hand you can go really all glass canon berzerker.

(edited by stof.9341)

in Thief

Posted by: mystaquetz.1746

mystaquetz.1746

This thread title was a bit of a let down.

How about “Another round of nerfs for retaliation but Thief still hitting too hard on glass cannon players”?

Cell Two
The Assassin’s Clan (TAC)
Ebay

in Thief

Ecclaire.5421

stof, this is in wvwvw. I don’t believe the dude that says he has a thief with more hp and defense. medium armor just don’t have that ability when compared to heavy armor. I had all invaders because of +tough +vit +power but had to drop that for the higher defense gold gear, which is how I know what all +tough bonus gear will put me at. 3 invaders yellow jewelry and 3 green level 80 items. Still looking at what I can throw into there. Even with my attack power what it is, I’m still not hitting for 11 freakin k damage. If I get lucky and crit, while the guy is burning, I might get 3k or so.

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

WvW has always been imbalanced. This isn’t a Thief problem.

(Jade Quarry player here btw, hi!)

in Thief

Posted by: Bakimono.4639

Bakimono.4639

The thief hit you 5 times to your two auto-attacks as your engineer. I’m noticing a common occurrence with you getting owned here…

in Thief

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I have more toughness and health than your guardian, not much more toughness, but I have 3k more health than you on my thief and only 200 less armor. Your gear is kitten, your spec’ing to be a warrior, but your a guardian.

GS is awesome for PvE farming. It can also play a half decent role in group play, but for 1v1 it is kitten, I cannot think of a single time I have lost to a GS guardian. Guardian and Mesmer are my hardest classes ‘in general’ to fight for my spec.

~ AoN ~

in Thief

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Mother of god those are some really low settings, I almost thought I was looking at a whole different game >_<!!!!

As for the numbers, you are a glass cannon in bad gear against a thief with 3 orbs and possible outside resources. What do you expect? Him using everything to hit you for like mmmm 2000 damage? While you hit for the same with no buffs? People need to stop Q_Qing and start learning what balance is all about.

in Thief

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

wow your jewelry could use some serious upgrades. Also, you need more toughness…. :X

[Agg] ression

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i think the most common death by other classes is MISINFORMED stat Distribution on their characters,

in all seriousness, stack up on toughness and vitality, i know you can produce more than that,

you have too much attack going on, remember guardians have block + retaliation + burn, thats your main source of power

in Thief

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Lol that’s only 8k on the Backstab dude. That’s not even that much. Just take it and kill the thief for free badges. Or do nothing and just watch him instantly die from all the people suddenly locking onto him because now he’s standing at the front of the zerg.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

these “nerfs” to the thief didnt really do anything. the overall dmg in your combo is still the same.

Someone did the math last night and it showed about a 3-4k drop in total burst damage on the assassin backstab build. Not too horrible, but definitely did something. But it was a simultaneous buff to other builds and pve thieves, so I’m happy with that. I just wish thieves weren’t so reliant on having a specific utility skill such as either assassin’s signet or haste…

in Thief

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

First character not level 80?

And second character, the guard was beating you up before the thief got there. :/

in Thief

Ecclaire.5421

I have more toughness and health than your guardian, not much more toughness, but I have 3k more health than you on my thief and only 200 less armor. Your gear is kitten, your spec’ing to be a warrior, but your a guardian.

GS is awesome for PvE farming. It can also play a half decent role in group play, but for 1v1 it is kitten, I cannot think of a single time I have lost to a GS guardian. Guardian and Mesmer are my hardest classes ‘in general’ to fight for my spec.

You are doing nothing more than proving the point. You can spec your theif more tanky than a guardian, heavy armor user, and still do 8k to 11k damage. OP? I still don’t believe it though, I want screens. The same armor type as mine in a medium starts off with between 20 and 80 less base defense per piece.

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I will let my signature answer this:

in Thief

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I don’t mind thieves doing a kittenon of damage. I mind them doing it within 0.25 seconds from 900+ range.

Thieves will continue to get nerfed until that burst vector changes.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

If it was a dark Asura Thief killing you, I /bow.

Otherwise its someone else who notices that you take 2-3x more damage than most Guardians and is focusing you every single time they see you.

in Thief

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

You are doing nothing more than proving the point. You can spec your theif more tanky than a guardian, heavy armor user, and still do 8k to 11k damage. OP? I still don’t believe it though, I want screens. The same armor type as mine in a medium starts off with between 20 and 80 less base defense per piece.

Why do you assume all thieves hit for 8-11k damage? That is a specific spec, not everyone. You have kitten gear, just accept it and move on. Here is a screen from my defensive set, that I use in PvE. My damage cap in PvE with pistol whip is around 3k, normally much less as I only have a 10% chance of crit.

My other set which is slightly less toughness and vitality only hits for 1500ish on a crit, but its condition build.

Attachments:

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)