Anti-reveal GM trait shadow art

in Thief

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

looking GM SA traits, there is no really alternative to sj.

So i think it would be interesting adding to some GM trait (or rework) an anti-reveal effect with a medium cd to resist once to a reveal skill from other profs.

I honestly find a little weird like design, thief, master of stealth, doesn’t have any form of reveal/anti-reveal ability, and considering how stealth is important to survive, it would be really interesting to Explorer this area, considering also the reveal rain skills incoming.

I think Karl could surprise us with something really interesting.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

How about just removing the reveal traits as they’re stupid anyway, no matter from what perspective you look at it:
Engi: “I could use this trait which would help me against all condi builds, or I could use this trait which would help me against mesmers, partly as they have so many other mechanics than stealth, and against thieves”

Stupid game design. Period. I don’t get why anet continues with this stuff, they could’ve left sic em and googles as a stupid little gimmick and realize their mistake, but no..

in Thief

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Im fine with anti-stealth skills, i think stealth is a really super strong ability and needs some counter.

But thief position has changed, Mesmer has a lot of stealth, engi and ranger has access to stealth + reveal ability, guardian and revevant will have reveal ability, etc.

So i think an anti-reveal trait well designed would be fine

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yeah, when I complained about the design of mesmers in wvw earlier a mesmer said he was fine with the design of his class. The extra stealth would give him more time to tag his opponent (he obviously doesn’t need stealth for anything else).

So I guess everybody but thieves are completely fine with anti-stealth-skills.

Sorry, but these skills and traits make my blood boil ;)

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Glad I play S/D where being revealed isn’t as bad xD Then again… I’m playing post patch S/D….

:x

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

And what about a “remove reveal” utility?
Something with a medium CD, maybe 30/40s that can break stun and immediately remove reveal, or 60s CD stun break and vanish for 4s, even if you have reveal debuff.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Glad I play S/D where being revealed isn’t as bad xD Then again… I’m playing post patch S/D….

:x

I also play s/d a lot. And that’s good practice because i have learned how to survive with minalmal stealth, wich helped me a lot when I get stealth trapped, sic em, goggle thing when I play d/p.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Any thing like that would be mandotory unless into a minor which “he who knows his name” will never do.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: hino.3157

hino.3157

Even more reveal on a short CD? At least I haven’t woken up to hear Shortbow 5 was nerfed yet.

in Thief

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Even more reveal on a short CD? At least I haven’t woken up to hear Shortbow 5 was nerfed yet.

there is no indication that the engi elite will apply the revealed debuff on thieves, just that it cancels stealth. for all you know, you can stealth again right away.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Thief

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

im fine with the revealed spells but atleast make them a skill cast so i can avoid it instead of it just hitting me whiloe im already in stealth as an aoe attack and ya theres not really a way of telling if your even revealed just seems like normal after getting revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Infinite Sneak Attack/Surprise Shot/Hook Strike does that sound silly to you? So no… Anti Reveal :|