Any Thieves having stealth bugs?

in Thief

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Recently, I have been noticing that stealth has been less reliable. I have been getting pulled out of shadow refuge (if this is not a target based ability please correct me) by hooks and attacked by other target required abilities while I am supposed to be in stealth. Is this something anyone else has been experiencing lately?

More Importantly I believe I may have found a bug, but wanted to run it by in a separate thread for validity before adding it to the sticky thread.

When you are partied with someone, and you enter sPVP, when they are on the other team, they can still see you even though you are stealthed. I had a buddy literally follow me from shadow refuge using target required abilities on me the whole time as if I wasn’t even in stealth.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I haven’t noticed anything new, but it’s quite possible the rendering issues could be happening in reverse (lag / prioritization issues when telling other clients you shouldn’t be visible).

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Might be lag, might be something to do with the debug, not quite so sure, but I do know sometimes when I enter stealth a ranger’s arrows will still hit me for 3-4 more shots. Kinda weird, don’t really mind though.

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Targeted or channeled abilities still hit you when you go in stealth mid-cast.

in Thief

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Thanks. I figured it was just lag or channeled abilities.

Anyone else try partying up and then going into PvP on different teams? As soon as I dropped party they couldn’t see me anymore, but its a bit of a hassle to PvP with friends and have to keep remembering to unparty before joining them.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I’ve also had some pretty funny stealth issues where I am in a party with a friend in sPvP who is on the opposite team and I could see right through his stealth like he was a teammate using stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

No, people are just finally realizing how to counter a Thief.

That will continue, and if combined with further nerfs, we will end up in a pretty bad spot.

HF

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Shadow Refuge + Staggering Blow = Death Thief

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

in Thief

Posted by: EpicSuperFail.9518

EpicSuperFail.9518

I was also having the stealth thing where a party member on the other team could see me. I don’t know if that is a bug or not, but I do believe it happens. I asked him about it and he said he could still see me when I was running around in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

yep, i also have this problem, i activate SR, then after 3 seconds i die due to ppl still channeling/or knockbacks and i get instant out of SR/and other attacks that keep the target still on me, and rarely sometimes stealth doesn’t even bother to activate even if i am in SR. and yes, you see ppl transparent a bit (they are in stealth but you can see them). working as intended, right ?

in Thief

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

I’ve had a few issues I figured were latency.

Had a couple pets attack me after I was stealthed, attacks that didn’t seem channeled too.

Otherwise just the usual “channeled attack still hits me” thing. I think some players realized this happens and now use them against thieves. .. which feels like, to me, someone using something buggy against me.

in Thief

Posted by: condour.4816

condour.4816

yes it is true when your in a party, people can see you if on the opposing team.
has a warrior in group that wasnt running in our team, and just followed us down while stealthed destroying us, nothing we could do so we had to leave party then it fixed it

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It could be a third party program. Because of QQ against thieves they could have made a program to counter thieves. As for the PvE issues I’ve noticed them too =(

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I’m having the same issue, I think too it’s a latency issue, I don’t want to think that someone has (already?) made a cheat program which lets people see stealthed characters and attack them while in stealth.

I hope that this issue gets fixed very soon, it’s annoying when you time the use of SR (or any other stealth skill) and you still bite the dust.

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

I’ve had a bug happen several times now where you appear NOT to be stealthed but you actually are. It’s debilitating because when you try to cloak and dagger, of course you go ahead and reveal yourself. You quickly realise what happened and try to cloak and dagger again only to find that you have your 3 second stealth immunity up.

Died more than a few times because of this.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Holy bugged stealth.

All night last night in SPVP, whenever I would stealth and then shadow step, or infiltrators arrow, it would “reveal” my character, I could see him (not invisible stealth outline) but I still had the stealth buff, I had no idea if other players could see me or not half of the time.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW