Any alternatives to feline grace?

in Thief

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I rely very heavily on dodging attacks on my thief in PvE. Usually with all the backstabbing and pistol-whipping, I need to dodge a lot and so, feline grace is incredibly important. If I understood Friday’s live stream correctly, thieves will no longer be able to dodge 3-4 times rapidly since the trait no longer flat out restores endurance but instead, grants vigor when using a skill that evades (which doesn’t include dodging).

Since this is basically going to change my thief’s survival, does anyone know of any good alternatives?

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Nope. I’m inconsolable.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

grants vigor when using a skill that evades (which doesn’t include dodging).

“Gain vigor upon successfully evading an attack.”
That includes dogding.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Thief

DanteZero.9736

That includes dogding.

I thought they said that regular dodging wouldn’t trigger it?

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

"On a successful evade." Dodging and evasive skills grant evade frames, and successfully evade if an attack would have otherwise hit you.

The feline grace replacement is actually the new minor, Endless Stamina. Feline Grace is now an extra source of vigor so we don’t completely fall apart when we miss steal.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Turamarth.3248

That includes dogding.

They said that random dodges would no longer trigger it and used Flanking Strike as an example of what would trigger it if the skill was used to evade an attack.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Thief

DanteZero.9736

That includes dogding.

They said that random dodges would no longer trigger it and used Flanking Strike as an example of what would trigger it if the skill was used to evade an attack.

Random dodges as in “just moving away from an attack” or actually the act of dodging where you spend endurance? The way they explained made it sound like regular dodging wouldn’t do a thing (at least to me).

in Thief

Turamarth.3248

Dodging without evading an attack won’t trigger it.
As far as I understood the trait triggers if you get the Evaded message on your screen.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The feline grace replacement is actually the new minor, Endless Stamina. Feline Grace is now an extra source of vigor so we don’t completely fall apart when we miss steal.

That’s just more Vigor though. There’s plenty of vigor in that line and since you’re now forced to take the entire line if you take any of it, you’ll have plenty of Vigor, but there is no “restore 1/3 your energy when you dodge” trait at all anymore. Just a whole lot of boring Vigor.

Random dodges as in “just moving away from an attack” or actually the act of dodging where you spend endurance? The way they explained made it sound like regular dodging wouldn’t do a thing (at least to me).

Basically remember back when “daily dodger” was a thing, and it was a pain in the rear because you could dodge attacks all day, but it wouldn’t count unless you dodged at the last possible second? Basically the same thing here, in theory it works, in practice it’s more hassle than it’s worth.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

DanteZero.9736

Dodging without evading an attack won’t trigger it.
As far as I understood the trait triggers if you get the Evaded message on your screen.

Ah, that’s a slightly more acceptable change. It still stings but I suppose it encourages more purposeful dodging.

in Thief

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well tbh i think you can get pretty darn close to 100% vigor uptime with that line, if you play skillfully, and add the 20% increased effectiveness of vigor as well i doubt it will be a huge problem, if you play good

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Since this is basically going to change my thief’s survival, does anyone know of any good alternatives?

Signet of Agility is quite good for dodging several times in a row, and Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew grants +40% endurance regeneration, which helps keep you topped off over time.

Really though, no, there aren’t any good alternatives to Feline Grace. It’s crazy powerful and there is no substitute.