Any good EOTM ganking builds?

in Thief

Posted by: Raynh.2480

Raynh.2480

Hey – I’m actually a really bad thief player, but wanted to try a roaming/ganking thief build to learn. (I used to have a really bad computer so it made playing and positioning difficult to achieve on this specific class, but I have a new computer, and want to explore either just how bad I was, or if my computer kitteness had contributed to that!)

Any good tips, builds, anything showing me the art of assassinating players would be greatly appreciated!

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Probably the max burst 25/30/0/0/15 D/D build. Full zerk and scholar, full signets for might. Cast CnD at the same you steal (from 1500 range) then backstab. If theyre still alive HS spam to death

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’ve been successful with a build similar to Yishis. I alternate between 10/30/30/0/0 and 0/30/30/10/0, D/D and SB + Valk armor/Traveler runes and zerk trinkets/weapons.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Probably the max burst 25/30/0/0/15 D/D build. Full zerk and scholar, full signets for might. Cast CnD at the same you steal (from 1500 range) then backstab. If theyre still alive HS spam to death

Care for aegis with this build. If a guardian has aegis on and you do this you’re going to get destroyed because you’re beyond squishy. Still hilarious landing those 9k+ backstabs though. Very risky build, but it fits what you’re looking for.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Care for aegis with this build. If a guardian has aegis on and you do this you’re going to get destroyed because you’re beyond squishy. Still hilarious landing those 9k+ backstabs though. Very risky build, but it fits what you’re looking for.

Just use an auto attack….

And 9k backstabs? I consistently get 12k

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQNAoYVlUmaOncy4E/5Ex2DfKUi6VosaPoZLhJA-jUyAYLBRiCAZBiKAm8KiGbxtIasqFMVJRUt3oIa1SBExyI-w
I promise you it will be fun.
Basilisk Venom->Activate all Signets->CnD precast->Steal->Backstab.
If it doesn’t kill them, they will most likely be below 50% HP->Spam 2 like no tomorrow.
If it doesn’t work, use your heal, take out your Shortbow and run away with #5.

Preferred targets: Rangers (especially those with no +40% condition Duration food), Elementalists (especially those with low WvW rank), other thieves, Mesmers (especially those without +40% condition duration food). Don’t bother with Warriors and be careful with Guardians.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

(edited by hihey.1075)

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Just use an auto attack….

And 9k backstabs? I consistently get 12k

The point is if you open on them w/ CnD + steal it won’t work. If you steal aa + Cnd, they’ll dodge your cnd if they have any sense at all. Also, I believe I said "9k," which means 9k and everything above.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

For those situations, I switch to the shortbow, fire off an auto-attack, and switch to daggers before it hits. You should be able to get your CnD off fast enough that he can’t react, and you won’t have to worry about the 10 second weapon swap cooldown.