Any good ranged Thief builds?

in Thief

Posted by: Oyjord.2508

Oyjord.2508

Hi all,

I’m a returning player who has an 80 Ranger, but honestly, the pet coding is so bad, I thought I’d try a Thief. Any chance there’s a good solo PvE build for a ranged Thief? Or are they primarily melee?

Thanks!
Oy.

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

for pve? your best bet would be p/p only problem with ranged is reflects.. not many mobs have it but some do. i wouldnt recommend it but you could try

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

You’d have better luck with Ele or Mesmer for ranged. Thief ranged is more about utility or filler damage until it’s safe to go back into melee range. Can’t speak for P/P though only gave it one shot ages ago and I was not a fan.

in Thief

Posted by: Toro.1942

Toro.1942

I’m new at thief and i love the p/p, i found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmM7WIwSBs&index
i test it and like the dps maybe is not the meta be the damage is very decent and i do like it

in Thief

Posted by: Venatorn.7619

Venatorn.7619

The one Toro linked is pretty good and has a decent burst.
I also use:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAqa4Yl8MpzplPxyJsPNxPBt9ACw/9NIHpvYA

the main difference is you trade a little (like real small amnt) of damage for more dodges, but can get a decent amount back between might on dodge and the trickery 5 point minor

All proffesions 80

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

You can rain conditions on mobs and let your bleed stacks do the work. P/D n d/d with caltrops would be nice you’ll get bored over time though. I really do suggest you role a thief ^^ you’ll have fun with melee or ranged either way I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hi all,

I’m a returning player who has an 80 Ranger, but honestly, the pet coding is so bad, I thought I’d try a Thief. Any chance there’s a good solo PvE build for a ranged Thief? Or are they primarily melee?

Thanks!
Oy.

P/P – 50036 – Carrion – Rune of Trapper – Sigil Might and Bursting

Have fun stacking bleeds and might; and Unload spamming.

EDIT: Build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAqan0HSzT22E+NB9Tmgmo8+KSjNU3YLA67JA-TBSEABI8AAIVJYwnAAR0Ds9+DAY+DIlfxo+DA-e

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

4/6/0/0/4

sundering strikes, pistol mastery, ricochet, combined training, executioner or ip

signet of agility
assassin’s signet
open(probably RfI, for burst ini stunbreak, inf signet for sustained ini stunbreak)

keeps good in damage, can string decent amount of unloads.

in events you can circle mobs as best you can spamming and it tags most things. The cleave isn’t reliable but it isn’t terrible. I use it for open world when I am lazy.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

4/6/0/0/4

sundering strikes, pistol mastery, ricochet, combined training, executioner or ip

signet of agility
assassin’s signet
open(probably RfI, for burst ini stunbreak, inf signet for sustained ini stunbreak)

in events you can circle mobs as best you can spamming and it tags most things. The cleave isn’t reliable but it isn’t terrible. I use it for open world when I am lazy.

Pistol Mastery is a waste trait. You can get the 10% from 5pt into DA since your target will always have condition anyway. Since you already put 4pts into DA, why would you waste 4 pts into CS just to get Pistol Mastery?

Building around spamming Unload is not as profitable than you might think.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

4/6/0/0/4

signet of agility
assassin’s signet

Pistol Mastery is a waste trait. You can get the 10% from 5pt into DA since your target will always have condition anyway. Since you already put 4pts into DA, why would you waste 4 pts into CS just to get Pistol Mastery?

Building around spamming Unload is not as profitable than you might think.

Notice this is written with PvE in mind, open world PvE mind you…

It’s not exactly rocket science and I mentioned it’s for being lazy.
edit: CS line for Invigorating Precision, assistance in sustain, pistol mastery on the way.