Any reason to keep my thief?

in Thief

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So you nerfed our elite skill, you nerfed our condition damage skills, you nerfed stealth, you nerfed our burst ability, and you nerfed our sustained damage all in one patch. Are you planning on removing thief in the next patch? I’m unsure what you want the role of thief to be now that you have removed all viable roles from them and again buffed warriors.

If you don’t want us playing thief just tell us so we can reroll into warriors.

in Thief

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Good changes. I have a thief as well. However you could b in stealth 90% of the time with cloak and dagger. This new change to stealth is a GOOD one. Especially for WvW.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If you can’t handle a much-needed balancing, then you should probably delete your thief. As a thief player, I can say with no uncertainty that your claim that “all viable roles have been removed from thief” is nonsense.

in Thief

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Also, warriors got hit pretty hard with the quickness change. 100 blades wont be AS deadly now.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Good changes. I have a thief as well. However you could b in stealth 90% of the time with cloak and dagger. This new change to stealth is a GOOD one. Especially for WvW.

Actually, they didn’t change that part …

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

You can still stealth near infinitely. Now you’re weaker if you don’t stealth near inifinitely.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

You can still stealth near infinitely. Now you’re weaker if you don’t stealth near inifinitely.

Isn’t it hilarious?!?!? It’s such a poorly thought out change that I can’t help but just laugh in disgust.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

You still play a thief?! lol

in Thief

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

No, please quit

in Thief

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

lol go ahead and re-roll warrior, might want to check our forums first

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Also, warriors got hit pretty hard with the quickness change. 100 blades wont be AS deadly now.

Yes, I hear them crying from here…

in Thief

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

That nerf is nothing i tough they nerf infinent stealth nope they din’t.

in Thief

Posted by: Daeqar.8965

Daeqar.8965

Isn’t it hilarious?!?!? It’s such a poorly thought out change that I can’t help but just laugh in disgust.

Yeah, it’s so horrible to sit in chain stealth somewhere and not be a threat to anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

So you nerfed our elite skill, you nerfed our condition damage skills, you nerfed stealth, you nerfed our burst ability, and you nerfed our sustained damage all in one patch. Are you planning on removing thief in the next patch? I’m unsure what you want the role of thief to be now that you have removed all viable roles from them and again buffed warriors.

If you don’t want us playing thief just tell us so we can reroll into warriors.

Well, they don’t want you to reroll warrior. They want you to reroll d/d ele lol. And yeah, it seems they are bent on removing the thief at this rate.

Elite skill removed from game in one patch, stealth nerfed due to bad players whining, etc. Basically anet is saying “d/d ele gogo!”

Oh yeah, where’s that “extra mobility” promised? Lol. Yeah, we knew this would happen. Just blanket nerf a mechanic with no compromise anywhere else.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Yep you should delete your entire account and go play another MMO. Clearly these nerfs that have rendered the entire class unplayable even though it will still dominate WvW.

Dominate WvW? Yes. The glass cannon full zerker thieves will take you down in seconds. Why you ask? They only rely on stealth once to get their burst (CnD -> Steal -> Backstab -> Heartseek until death). These new changes are pretty much forcing thieves to play those builds, because our survivability just dropped with 33%, and it sucked to begin with.

Every time I’ve played sPvP I notice something.

Fighting noobs; They cry about stealth being op. They never try to dodge my backstab. They never AoE the crap out of the area I can be in. They never auto attack the area I’m in. They just stand there. Waiting for my backstab. Or they start to run and I’ll just chase them down and backstab them.

Fighting some who have learnt to counter thieves: they chain CC me the moment I come out of stealth and burst the crap out of me. If my stun breaker is down I’m dead. While I’m invisible they AoE the crap out of the are I could possibly be in. They dodge after they’ve counted to three seconds. They auto attack the area I went invisible in.

And who do we see in these forums? The 12 year old noobs who think that something they can’t see is something they cant kill. I have been killed countless times by pro players that have learnt to read stealth. Learnt to predict my position and actions. I’ve asked several pro players in sPvP and most of them say the same thing: In the start it was pretty annoying to meet a thief. But now I have no problem dragging the fight out, and for a thief that equals being killed.

See? They learnt how to play and they didn’t complain. They learnt that thieves in stealth isn’t immune to damage, they can still get downed and cc’d.

We were just nerfed to being warriors with half its damage, hp and toughness. w2g anet.

Melder – Thief