Anyone Jazzed about new elites?

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I always thought BV & BS were kind of lack-luster for elites. I wonder what they will come up with…

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Don’t get too excited we will probably get another useless venom or something on a really long cd that sucks except in unique situations…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So, someone pointed out something interesting on the PvP forums.
We don’t know if specs, and what the add onto the class, will be carried into PvP/WvW/outside of the jungle…

If it’s PvE only, and can’t be carried outside of the jungle… then I could careless.

Otherwise, I hope it’s not a trap skill… because if you look at the elites, they’re missing a trap skill… but I don’t think many like traps… But this is ANet making the skills, and they do have a venom and trap fetish… so… yeah…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

it will def carry on to pvp wvw. not the flying and gliding but the specialzations and skills def will. might not be instantly but it will

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I wouldn’t get excited. Thieves should get the weakest of all upgrades since we have the strongest class atm.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I wouldn’t get excited. Thieves should get the weakest of all upgrades since they have the strongest class atm.

Well put.
I hope they get the “Wet Noodle” elite skill, it hits for 3 damage and requires the user to wear zerker armor.
Thief MASTER CLASS.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Don’t get too excited we will probably get another useless venom or something on a really long cd that sucks except in unique situations…

this^^

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

It will be a trap…

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

If it’s a trap that works like rangers Entangle it would be quite nice

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

We don’t know if specs, and what the add onto the class, will be carried into PvP/WvW/outside of the jungle…

If it’s PvE only, and can’t be carried outside of the jungle… then I could careless.

Otherwise, I hope it’s not a trap skill… because if you look at the elites, they’re missing a trap skill… but I don’t think many like traps… But this is ANet making the skills, and they do have a venom and trap fetish… so… yeah…

That said, new elites could contain signets, which currently no classes have on an elite aside from warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

That said, new elites could contain signets, which currently no classes have on an elite aside from warrior.

It could also be a deception. Only one elite of ours has a category. I mean, you could consider Dagger storm a trick, and Thieves’ guild a Trap I guess, but they aren’t technically either.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I wouldn’t get excited. Thieves should get the weakest of all upgrades since they have the strongest class atm.

Well put.
I hope they get the “Wet Noodle” elite skill, it hits for 3 damage and requires the user to wear zerker armor.
Thief MASTER CLASS.

This made my day!

Attachments:

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I think we actually may get something good. Only problem is I can’t think of anything, and usually I’m good at that kind of stuff.

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I think we actually may get something good. Only problem is I can’t think of anything, and usually I’m good at that kind of stuff.

A signet would be nice. Small life leach on hit with stability on use would be just fine.

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

I’ve always wanted a Feign Death type of skill. It would probably need to grant stealth instantly for a few seconds, and when the stealth is gone you appear downed, that way people wouldn’t just see you fall into downed state from half health and can assume that you must’ve been downed while in stealth. Would probably have to deal a good chunk of damage to anyone who used a finisher on you or maybe apply a long immobilize to people who deal a certain amount of damage to you in this fake downed state.

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I got an idea! We should get a signet that allows parry. Parry should be a new mechanic acess able to only thieves. How it works:
Every 3rd hit you take is 25% damage and non critical. When parrying an attack, you deal 300 range damage on up to 5 foes in front of you. Gives a bit of extra dps and sustain out of stealth
On use, knockback foes with a 160 radius, and gain stability & protection for 5 seconds

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Maybe the elite that Caithe or whatever the sylvari’s name was…That allows for like 20 seconds of perma stealth even if you use backstab.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I got an idea! We should get a signet that allows parry. Parry should be a new mechanic acess able to only thieves. How it works:
Every 3rd hit you take is 25% damage and non critical. When parrying an attack, you deal 300 range damage on up to 5 foes in front of you. Gives a bit of extra dps and sustain out of stealth
On use, knockback foes with a 160 radius, and gain stability & protection for 5 seconds

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flashing_Blades

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Maybe the elite that Caithe or whatever the sylvari’s name was…That allows for like 20 seconds of perma stealth even if you use backstab.

Can’t tell if serious or trolling.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wouldn’t get excited. Thieves should get the weakest of all upgrades since we have the strongest class atm.

lolol. Strongest class where?

In WvW, it is a decent roamer, but others are definitely better.
PvP is dominated by engis and eles.
PvE: No one would pick a thief over a guard or warrior or ele. In fact, most don’t want a thief.