Anyone able to recommend a PvE Build?

in Thief

Posted by: kingmac.1285

kingmac.1285

Hey just started my thief, not sure what i should go for in terms of traits. also anyone know what skills are best to have to go with it?

Thanks
Artful Dodger Mac

in Thief

Posted by: Shirokumoh.9724

Shirokumoh.9724

General consensus seems to be: 1-79 Solo – Spec whatever makes your jimmies tingle. 80 dungeons (or if dungeons are your preferred method of leveling) – craft yourself a build that offers quite a bit of utility in the way of applying conditions and healing your group mates. Currently I run Dagger/Pistol and Shortbow, with emphasis on blind spam and the 15 point Deadly Arts talent that makes you weaken when you poison. With this build I keep my target consistently blinded and weakened, bringing their damage to almost zero. I also make sure to run Shadow Refuge for stealth reviving and the ability to lay down a dark field (which leads to some awesome combos), and Smoke Bomb for the ability to lay down a smoke field (again, awesome combos).

For leveling, just pump deadly arts and trickery and spam 3 with double daggers. Caltrops too.

in Thief

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

So far I have put points in deadly arts, shadow arts, and trickery. This gives me a quicker steal, I also poison and deal damage while stealing. Also good bleed damage. It also gives you 15 inititive and stealthing skills give you inititive also. The extra power also gives you a decent backstab because you will be in stealth a lot.

So far it has worked pretty good. I use D/D and P/D with: Heal: hide in shadows, Utility: shadow refuge(don’t leave home with out it), caltrops, and shadow sig for speed, Ultimate: thieve’s guild works good just incase. Sometimes blinding powder if I know I don’t have to do much running, but that +25% run speed is so nice.

in Thief

Posted by: Dacromir.6207

Dacromir.6207

Here’s my build. I use that for everything; PvP, PvE, levelling, group play. Swap S/D for Shortbow and you have my WvW build. It has lots of flexibility and utility. You support your allies with great boons. You can dodge like crazy (one dodge every three seconds). You average something like +20% damage from traits and constantly have >6 stacks of might on you. Lots of mobility with perma-swiftness and shadowstepping, tons of self-heals from Assassin’s Reward and Signet of Malice. It’s a solid jack-of-all-trades build.

(edited by Moderator)