Anyone else having problems landing CnD?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Alright, ever since an update early February I’m hardly able to land a CnD.
I know it was the update because I was fighting a S/D thief just before that and have had troubles with especially thieves since. They just need to move a millimetre and my CnD would miss without notification (no “evaded”). That’s not only for thieves but any class and lately even npcs. It gets worse when my internet connection is bad, so I put it down to lags mostly, but I don’t think that’s really the reason.
So, I’m wondering if I’m the only one experiencing this – anyone else?

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

No, no problems here. I’ve played some D/D lately, and hits when it should hit.

Maybe latency problems on your part? IDK.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Not noticed it while I have been playing s/d. Tbh I haven’t even taken notice of as most of the time it’s used on things like clones or pets. But in will take more notice next time

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

No issues from me unless I’m undergoing latency issues. High jitter on a low ping will still cause it.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Alright, not saying that I’m feeling better now as I have no clue what is causing this..
But thanks for your input, guys =)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The only time I’m noticing that it fails on me is when I’m using Steal. Sometimes Steal won’t fire, so I’m CnD’ing air and there are times CnD won’t either which result only a Steal.

If there’s a latency issue, I’m sure it’s not on my end because I can Black Powder+Steal just fine.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Jana.6831

I started to monitor my internet connection because of this issue- I usually have the problem that my CnD will miss if my target moves – not out of range, just a plain move. We have a video where my buddie’s Asura warrior just runs through my CnD. And it gets worse if the internet connection is bad but the problem is there no matter what.

in Thief

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

CnD has a crazy short range. I would even dare say much shorter then the claimed standard melee 130 range. If you are right on top of enemy while casting it (even moving) should be ok. If you are behind him within the normal 130 range, it wont work. Just chill, cripple, combat speed (versus other player not having it) can screw up CnD.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Thief

Jana.6831

He really ran through my CnD it looked as if I missed because of his height (My thief is the tallest human male, his asura probably the smallest asura)- so he definitively was in range and most people I miss are as well.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

He really ran through my CnD it looked as if I missed because of his height (My thief is the tallest human male, his asura probably the smallest asura)- so he definitively was in range and most people I miss are as well.

Yeah, the height won’t be it since the hit boxes are on the ground.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Unless they changed something strange regarding hotboxes with Action Camera (which I doubt, but who knows), I can’t see any reason why it would miss other than internet connection problems.

in Thief

Jana.6831

My internet is fine for the most part; 26 ping, no latency (sometimes during prime time).
It feels a bit as if my casting is off = I’m drawing earlier/later than I see it.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Having played almost exclusively S/D, I haven’t ran into any problems.
I do tend to stow weapons as soon as I think I might miss… Might be worth trying?

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Jana.6831

I do tend to stow weapons as soon as I think I might miss… Might be worth trying?

That isn’t the problem, the problem is that my CnD should hit but misses without notification – there’s no way that I can estimate whether or not it will hit because it should hit.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

That isn’t the problem, the problem is that my CnD should hit but misses without notification – there’s no way that I can estimate whether or not it will hit because it should hit.

This usually happens to me when the game client and the server is out of sync, though I never experience this using CnD.

This happened to me while gliding where the game client shows me that I made the landing on a tree branch but the server disagree and I ended up being killed because according to the server, I missed the branch and fell off the cliff.

This could also be what’s happening to you where the game client shows you that your target is within range or that you actually hit them, but the server disagrees that you actually missed them by a mile only because they are out of sync.

You can try to run a repair to your client and see if that fixes the problem.

in Thief

Jana.6831

This usually happens to me when the game client and the server is out of sync, though I never experience this using CnD.

This happened to me while gliding where the game client shows me that I made the landing on a tree branch but the server disagree and I ended up being killed because according to the server, I missed the branch and fell off the cliff.

This could also be what’s happening to you where the game client shows you that your target is within range or that you actually hit them, but the server disagrees that you actually missed them by a mile only because they are out of sync.

You can try to run a repair to your client and see if that fixes the problem.

I did, multiple times, I tried everything, I guess. Also the video of me missing my buddy was recorded by him – we both saw the same.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

A couple of things you can still do.

1) Change your Setting Preset to Best Performance. Enable Standard Enemy Model. Set both Character Model Limit and Character Model Quality to lowest. We’ll try to rule out your graphics card. Now Try to CnD.

2) Stand in front of your Thief friend in melee range. Let him CnD you, then you try to CnD him. Try this with different elevation (i.e. you’re standing on a pebble). We already know that there’s an issue against moving target so let’s see if stationary targets or different elevation will give you the same misses.

Let us know the results.

in Thief

Jana.6831

My graphics are pretty low and I can hit stationary targets, perfectly.
As soon as the move just one bit I’ll miss.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

At this point I don’t know. We’ve ruled out a lot of things so maybe it’s ArenaNet’s turn to rule things out and find out what’s really going on.

in Thief

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I noticed this a long time ago, for me C&D isn’t easy to land on unpredictable targets which is why I stopped playing dagger offhand over a year ago outside of PvE. Then again I generally have a ping of 70-150 with varying amounts of packet loss so for me it is most likely a latency issue.

Give in to the pistol offhand!

in Thief

Jana.6831

At this point I don’t know. We’ve ruled out a lot of things so maybe it’s ArenaNet’s turn to rule things out and find out what’s really going on.

That would be nice actually. Thanks for your help though =)

Give in to the pistol offhand!

Won’t happen.
Mapchat discussion on my first server:
Me: “I think D/D might actually be better than D/P”
X: “Are you crazy? D/P is OP!”
Me: “D/D is faster”

I was doing pretty well as a solo roamer with 200 ping actually.
(That was about 1,5 years ago)

in Thief

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah the game was very different 1.5 years ago, remember people calling me mad for running zerker staff ele in WvW, now everyone runs it.

I dunno what is up then with C&D for you. For me it’s always had issues with latency and hitting erratically moving targets and seems prone to disagreements with the server as to where people are.

They did say they were making changes to where objects were being rendered a few months ago but not as early as Feb if I remember correctly. Even then it should have helped you with landing it not messed it up. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

in Thief

Jana.6831

He was right. Just that I like D/D better.
And when I left that server we were 1,5 thieves left, both D/D.

in Thief

Posted by: Achey.3612

Achey.3612

the thing that bugs me the most is that I’ve noticed an issue with block. there are way too many classes that have block and invulnerability. As a thief, we don’t really have a lot of things that can do fast multi hits other than sneak attack and s/p #3…. but s/p #3 makes us stationary while enemies can move while they use block/invulnerable.

at the same time…. a lot of other classes get a ton of multi hit along with their block and invul…. the reason why I bring that up is because we generally use blind as our damage mitigation as well as evade, but blind pulses… which… I have no idea why…. and we can’t attack while we evade…. also, since we don’t have a lot of multi-hitting skills, when WE’RE blinded, it’s even harder to land our heavy hitters…..

it’s like every class outshines all the things we’re SUPPOSE to be good at…. and lets face it…. when do we ever 1v1 people now a days (and we all know our 1v1 capabilities are sub par….)? in wvw and spvp, theres almost never people alone