Apothecary/Settler thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Strictly from a solo WvW perspective, how viable is a P/D + D/D thief in healing power gear? I was thinking something like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAqY4YlcmKNHfy8E+5EB3Dna0m6p4ritTBX1KA-j0CBodDimWAkkGm+IQ5dDZNDKiVTFRjVrbR16GYKUAeFFRrWKAImDA-w

Signet of malice, assassin’s reward, and shadow’s rejuvenation, combined with 1650 condi dmg (with stacks), 15k health, nearly 2k toughness, and 1000 healing power. I mixed some shaman in to get 15k HP. How viable do you thief experts think this would be?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

Also quick question on caltrops. It says on the tooltip 10sec duration. So does it apply 2 stacks of bleeds every sec, or how often? Also does it count as a multi hit attack (triggering signet of malice)

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I run a typical super unicorn in Full Settlers.

Its frikken indestructible and dishes some vicious bleeds. Self heals on every single hit and every single point of initiative spent is insane with D/D button 3 – you actually have to pace yourself a little to not over-heal during the first few seconds of each engagement, expsecially if you find opponents packed tight enough you’re getting more than the basic three hits (it cleaves…). Plus the self-heal you get from pressing Daggerstorm in even a small group of enemies is breathtaking. 60-80% self heal while stable, reflecting, and damage/crippling/bleeding? Um, yes please?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I have no way of answering your build question, but in regards to Caltrops:

• Reapplies a Crippled condition and 2 Bleeds every second, while active.
  • Applies 1 second of Crippled every second if target already is crippled.
  • Triggers Signet of Malice each second.
  • This skill does not break stealth.

Additionally (not on the Wiki), because it’s an AoE, it applies Cripple and Bleed to every opponent AND triggers Signet of Malice for every opponent within its affect radius.

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caltrops

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

(edited by Incurafy.6329)

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

I run a typical super unicorn in Full Settlers.

Its frikken indestructible and dishes some vicious bleeds. Self heals on every single hit and every single point of initiative spent is insane with D/D button 3 – you actually have to pace yourself a little to not over-heal during the first few seconds of each engagement, expsecially if you find opponents packed tight enough you’re getting more than the basic three hits (it cleaves…). Plus the self-heal you get from pressing Daggerstorm in even a small group of enemies is breathtaking. 60-80% self heal while stable, reflecting, and damage/crippling/bleeding? Um, yes please?

Could you link me the build you run with? Why is it called a super unicorn? Kinda unsure about utilities, i saw laela runs skale venom, but after looking at it i ont think its that great. One last thing, i saw the stealth attack on P/D hits 5 times! Lol at 650heals just from that, not counting the time you spent in stealth, or the initiative you spent to get in stealth.

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

Bumping cus the balance patch bunched everyone panties up and im still wondering how viable it is and a basic rotation

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I have a similar build, but I trait for initiative regen traits and flanking as well as precision.

Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAqY4YlcmKNHfy8E+5Ey2jdSn4JOFWoR5pAs6KA-j0CBodDimWAkkGm+IQ5dDZNDKiVTFRjVrbR16GYKUAeFFRrWKAImDA-w

With a Sigil of Generosity for condition removal.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i think toughness is better than healing power
getting 300-600 hp each hit versus prevent dmg burst from hitting you 12k ….

aa doesnt use initiative points so no healing from our main dmg attack
shadow’s rejuvenation doesnt affected by healing power and p/d dont have spamable skills so only caltrops is been affected by it but can be dodge fast enough so most ppl wont stay the whole 10 seconds

still nice on unicorne build but still gimmicky build and not so viable in wvw raiding or roaming

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

I have a similar build, but I trait for initiative regen traits and flanking as well as precision.

Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAqY4YlcmKNHfy8E+5Ey2jdSn4JOFWoR5pAs6KA-j0CBodDimWAkkGm+IQ5dDZNDKiVTFRjVrbR16GYKUAeFFRrWKAImDA-w

With a Sigil of Generosity for condition removal.

You know conditions cant crit right? And damage modifiers, e.g. Executioner, dont affect conditions.

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

i think toughness is better than healing power
getting 300-600 hp each hit versus prevent dmg burst from hitting you 12k ….

aa doesnt use initiative points so no healing from our main dmg attack
shadow’s rejuvenation doesnt affected by healing power and p/d dont have spamable skills so only caltrops is been affected by it but can be dodge fast enough so most ppl wont stay the whole 10 seconds

still nice on unicorne build but still gimmicky build and not so viable in wvw raiding or roaming

Could you elaborate on why its gimmicky and not very viable? Its just like Laelas P/D build but with healing power over vitality. Also still kinda curious why its called a unicorn build lol

Lyss The Shadow

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlUmaO3dy0E/5EB3Dna0m6pgsjtTBX1KA-jUCBodCiUAA0Cg0HQ5RFRjtuuIasadER1KIYeFFRrWIgFrBA-w

this is what im running right now since half of wvw is a warrior chasing after you stunning you

the torment hurts alot when u get a couple of shadow strikes in with the skale venom and your bleeds will still tick for alot

if you want to go even tankier, u can throw in some undead runes and watch yourself become a healing tank with bleed ticks for around 130 or so

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

It’s actually called the Leaping Super Immortal Death Troll Legendary Unicorn Blossom build and it comes from here:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/45902-lowells-ultimate-spvp-thief-guide-wip/

It’s really not that viable since you have such low vitality and the current meta is all conditions. It was super-trolly and earned that title back when the meta was Zerker amulets and glass cannon builds everywhere so the amount of toughness you had combined with the lack of condition removal that everyone else had made it incredibly fun to play, and easy to destroy people with.

Note that that thread hasn’t been updated in a year.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s actually called the Leaping Super Immortal Death Troll Legendary Unicorn Blossom build…

That’s what I said… Super Unicorn .

This is a good approximation of it (my back piece doesn’t seem to be listed in the builder)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYMQNAoYVlcm6OXey5E+5ECXBL07xXNWoV3jrS+0KA-jwCBogCi4iJjCAkWAgaAKvrIasVTFRjVPLQadK16GYeFLrGA-e

(sry, accidentally put ascended weapons on that, but it’ll give you the right traits/skills)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Could you elaborate on why its gimmicky and not very viable? Its just like Laelas P/D build but with healing power over vitality. Also still kinda curious why its called a unicorn build lol

regarding wvw mainly (as i wvw player)
if you play with group raids bleeding can be applied better and faster with other classes .
you only dmg is from bleeding and so can be removed easily fast unless you can put 3-5 conditions to cover the bleeding.
25 stack bleeding with group can be achieved easily so you dmg wont be significant.
however you can jump into the enemy group and spam DB 3-4 times and get out almost unharmed and again 2 necros can do it better from afar

you can solo camp easily…

if you roam alone 1v1 its fun to play but again with the new meta ppl stack conditions cleanse so against warrior mesmer necro ele etc you mostly do slow and low dmg . sure you can take noobs ones if they just stand and let you spam
if you trying to do 1vX its fun also but again low dmg

if i play d/d i use it mostly to evade when my endurance is low and if i want condition spec i use p/d with much more conditions to cover the bleeding

and again the healing will come from DB mostly but wont be significant against good player as they will dodge or port away so maybe 1 hit will land so i prefer withdraw