Apparently every body roles the same builds

in Thief

Posted by: Shadelen.4053

Shadelen.4053

Something that has irritated me since this game has started is every body assumes every one of the same class roles the same builds and fotm builds. So classes get nerfed because of this and the QQ is based because of one or two skills or passives through trees.

Honestly I think a lot of the traits you can pick up with Eles and or Thieves are pointless traits.Yes there is some good ones but few.

But back to point we get nerfed because of the fotm build which in turn effects someone else who is roling a similar build that is there own but yet they nerf it. My point is flexibility.

Flexibility in this game hasnt existed. Its been a lot of nerf nerf nerf. Gw1 has a lot of flexibility. I know gw1 has been out longer but I really dont think anet is giving the care for this game as much as gw1. A lot of people like making there own play style and tailoring it to them. This is a reason why some are complaining. Your pigeon holding classes to have to play this way or your just not going to have fun. The state of thieves,Rangers and eles in this game compared to gw1 and how flexible they are is bad.

Just for example this last patch all they did to ele was nerf a lot of areas and buffed ranger pets to stand one or two more hits.Seriously if they didn’t take out the original pet management system they had in,pets would be much better than they are and rangers would enjoying being able to customize there pets with equipment and what not. Yes it needed work but it would of made rangers more enjoyable especially to the beast lovers. But since they couldn’t quick fixed it “Lazy” they got rid of it.I dont think all the pet problems that have cropped up would of happen besides the bugs and glitches. You reap what you sow and also the community of players now.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

OMFG this DD thief backstab hit me for 14k
OMFG this other DD thief wont die easily from my 1337 attacks
conclusion: DD thieves hit for 14k and dont fold easily-thats what ive seen
same could be said for ele too
OMFG this DD ele is tanky
OMFG this other DD ele is powerful
conclusion: DD ele is tanky and powerful

two diff builds people

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

d/d thieves fold real fast. most of there steal is attached to CND. if they miss one they arent doing much dmg :P if they miss 2 they are dead unless they have shadow refuge which they usually dont. d/d usually brings signet of shadows…..assassins signet and haste or infiltrators or blinding powder or shadowstep. d/d doesnt have burst. they only have a 2 hit combo now. :P if they do down a target they usually die before being able to finish stomping it.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

d/d thieves fold real fast. most of there steal is attached to CND. if they miss one they arent doing much dmg :P if they miss 2 they are dead unless they have shadow refuge which they usually dont. d/d usually brings signet of shadows…..assassins signet and haste or infiltrators or blinding powder or shadowstep. d/d doesnt have burst. they only have a 2 hit combo now. :P if they do down a target they usually die before being able to finish stomping it.

The build i was referring to was 10/30/30/0/0|0/30/30/10/0 “balanced” where you generally have the traits and utilities to hep you live, not the GC builds
look Yishis’ thief for example in his DD zerg fights, how he’s able to take some punishment

in Thief

Shadelen.4053

two diff builds people

How many weapon sets and only two? Flexibility of crap

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

two diff builds people

I was highlighting your point that just because two people use the same tools, they aren’t necessarily running the same build.
Of course there are more, but that wouldn’t have proven anything.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ahh ok so its the typical invis backstab builds. yeah thos are about as balanced as a thief can get even tho they are all zerk gear with a bit of valk usually. yishis thief isnt really that good. (hes a very good player) but his build isnt zerg worth. its a 1 v 3 and 1 v 2 1 v1 build. i could show you a video that does better in zerg style ….well atleast a build that allows a thief to get in the fray and do stuff . not just on edges. hence you never see thief vids of helping in zergs. only roaming 99% of the time. :P even in spvp all the videos (other than wild bill) are all of 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 max ….cant really do 1 v 3 in spvp with the dmg reduction.

in Thief

Shadelen.4053

two diff builds people

I was highlighting your point that just because two people use the same tools, they aren’t necessarily running the same build.
Of course there are more, but that wouldn’t have proven anything.

Sorry,I didnt mean to sound stabbing at you.I really just out for anet right now.Its like they worked so hard on gw1 but yet they got award winning mmo and they let it bloat there head up. I wont sit through another mythic with another game.

in Thief

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

Title should be: Apparently everybody roles Thieves.

(Spvp, WvW)

in Thief

Shadelen.4053

Title should be: Apparently everybody roles Thieves.

(Spvp, WvW)

Na I meant this as a general.Maybe I should also put it in general fourms to its just its a class based thread and figuring it make it a strong subject since they have been wanting to nerf thieves since the beginning and have been. But they also have shunned eles and Rangers.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Rolls* ….right?