Are thieves worth it.

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: killjoy.1739

killjoy.1739

I hit 80 on my thief, I like him. I don’t want to hear how warriors are better, or thieves are selfish.

Are thieves worth maining, all round. I get they’re good at pvp. Seem iffy in wvw zergs but fun to roam on, and seem pretty cool for pve.

Are they wanted in groups, are they useful. Will I have trouble finding dungeon/ high end FOTM groups as a zerker thief.

Just want to be sure that the class i’m willing to dump all my gold into is worth the money viability wise.

Thanks for answers, have a fantastic day/night.

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You want to be hated by 90% of the playerbase?

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

TL;DR

Yes

/15 char

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

They’re strong in spvp and small scale wvw, but niche in zergs. They’re also good in pve with a coordinated group, but in pugs you’re kind of limited if the other players are bad.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

killjoy.1739

Thanks alot everyone for the answers – very appreciated!

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Thieves are still very viable in PvE.

Play what you like, not what other people want you to play.

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Even after all the nerfs nothing will replace it as a main for me. And honestly in pve iv never had any issues grouping, or being viable I always feel like I pull my weight.

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

If you like a hyperactive, spammy style, Thief is fun. Good for PvE, PvP, and WvW it has no problem tagging stuff if you are just casually zerging. Don’t know much about it from a GvG aspect

Ranger//Necro

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

The only time thieves really had trouble finding groups for dungeons was in the first months of the game where everyone was still learning and trying to tank damage. Thieves were horrible at that and everyone thought they were bad. Since then thieves (rather the players behind the thieves) have gotten better and learned how and when to dodge. You will be heavily scrutinized, but if you’re kicked, it won’t be just because you’re a thief.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Thief WvW Zerg is viable through venom share+Short bow, small group is good for obvious reasons, and PvE is super easy. I have solo’d all kinds of champions and the easy access to blinds is invaluable

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Ozzy Toxin.3074

Ozzy Toxin.3074

wish I had the ability to force my opponent to press tab every 3 seconds to even try get a single hit,

if you get off of making people miserable and mad then its the class for you

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You make yourself miserable. You start being irrational and emotional because something that seems unfair will escalate to the point of revenge trips.

If you perfer to take revenge on the thief profession, be prepared to break it and have it change in a way you will not like.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

They are nice in pve, high dps but you’ll have to know the content. If you play in NA, you’ll be also expected to do the “thief job” even if it doesn’t require stealth and anyone can do it. I have no troubles finding dungeon groups and so far I haven’t been kicked for being a thief.

I don’t play spvp.

WvW – thieves have the best disengage abilities of all classes and others will hate you for this.

Thieves are also the most frustrating class to play. Majority of people think stealth = invulnerability so when a thief dies, he must be bad. Or you find out thief dmg is sometimes not enough to kill certain builds, yet they can kill you in 2-3 hits. One mistake often equals to death and from time to time, you might have the urge to just delete your thief. And even if you have no idea what the above poster is talking about, you understand why he posted it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If you like a hyperactive, spammy style, Thief is fun. Good for PvE, PvP, and WvW it has no problem tagging stuff if you are just casually zerging. Don’t know much about it from a GvG aspect

GvG, we’re usually at the side of the zerg in stealth using Choking Gas and venom share to help whittle down the main force by buffing the frontline and lower the enemy frontline’s healing.

Or we’re in stealth and ganking the opposing zerg’s back row, mostly the necros, eles, and mesmers to guarantee they get no support. A group of 3-5 thieves using stealth and backstab is usually enough to turn the tide of battle if they down and spike several backline support.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

wish I had the ability to force my opponent to press tab every 3 seconds to even try get a single hit,

I play a nearly stealthess S/D trickery build. Your point? Not all thieves play stealth builds, and they’re not even all that great. If stealth and wvw Shadow Art trolls make you “miserable and mad” then you might want to l2p.

To the op; yes, if you’re willing to go and learn the ropes. If you like fast and reactive playing over passive breezing and facetanking, then the thief is a class for you. Thief has a variety of specs to suit your fancy.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

killjoy.1739

Fantastic replies thanks alot everyone!

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Spyder.9713

Spyder.9713

lol you don’t have to keep hitting tab if your a melee, just have him in your normal swing radius, if your ranged then ya I feel bad for u bro, range u should learn to keep your distance and then you wont be tabbing as much, except for d/p thieves who have an on demand stealth, I wont state my opinion on them lol…

Are thieves worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

So if pressing tab is proving to be too complex for you in the heat of battle there are 2 options that you can check in the general options tab:

Autotargetting: If you use a skill without a target, the game will automatically choose an appropriate target for you”

and

Promote Skill Target: Automatically promote targets to lock targets when hitting them”

Hope this helps.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief