Arena Net hate Thieves?

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: execullent.8560

execullent.8560

Why do you hate thieves ? ?
10 percent reduction in crit damage !
Reducing the length of the gas ! A new Traits are simply useless in WvW . Will be a similar situation as in pvp bekstab balanced build is not so strong ! Bekstab will beat the average for the five thousand that is very sad !
Kill faster than you die be impossible. Counditions builds become stronger! Burst builds lose their effectiveness that is the main role of this class !
Support role its to UGLY in gameplay thief!!!
Compared to other classes we have low hp, low armor , and even that we have damage reduction !
Will be long battles where thieves will die from condi as we have a pour damage in a single bekstab !
The purpose of this patch to remove effectiveness burst damage, so make meaningless beckstab builds! Loss of damage to a thief leads to futility burst damage that will be useless for bekstab builds!
WHY DID U DO THIS?!?!?!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

Welcome to asking the SAME question i ask when i see thief get hit with the nerf stick..its been so often that thief now has it lodged up their rear.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

No one on the teams play thief, they all play warrior mostly. And the 1 person playing thief plays a gimmick build, p/p venom share.

That is your answer.

SAB or RIOT

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

Thief/ Rogue/Assassin like burst damage class will be deleted by arena net

Good job Anet.

They do money not a GAME! =(

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Anirri.4156

No one on the teams play thief, they all play warrior mostly. And the 1 person playing thief plays a gimmick build, p/p venom share.

That is your answer.

ty you made me laugh lol, Sadly thief needs some love not hate from the team >> i dont mind a small “balance” fix but changing the stats all together is BAD, Now i get to pick mesmer or war for my replacement class (still keeping thief because well..i love the class despite being kicked in to the dirt)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

Thief becomes only support class because without burst its better to take warrior!

And for condo better necro that thief!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Anirri.4156

eh like i said i will keep my thief for lols. and in the end i will find another way to break past the stupid nerfs they add.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

eh like i said i will keep my thief for lols. and in the end i will find another way to break past the stupid nerfs they add.

And… how?

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Anirri.4156

got to let them add it first. cant break something if its not in my hands now can i?….wait…..can i?

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

Stealth build not actual in sPvP so it will be on WvW

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Strange how the easiest profession in the game shows hate towards thieves…. two times I saw a livestream from anet playing thief and it was their SoM lesson (which was about 8 months too late, we already knew what proc’ed it) and them dying over and over in the new fractal preview.

Save the embarresment, if you’re terrible and you know it play warrior. Previews are kitten aweful if you spend it in the downed state.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

Strange how the easiest profession in the game shows hate towards thieves…. two times I saw a livestream from anet playing thief and it was their SoM lesson (which was about 8 months too late, we already knew what proc’ed it) and them dying over and over in the new fractal preview.

Save the embarresment, if you’re terrible and you know it play warrior. Previews are kitten aweful if you spend it in the downed state.

easiest profession ? really?
If u don’t understand this topic pls don’t speak more!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Suas.6085

Suas.6085

To judge something and someone without evidence, without even caring to be constructive and blatantly spitting opinions as facts, is an offense to all the good thieves out there.

If you cared to stop for a moment and think in other terms instead of just NERF-DUH/BUFF-DURR, you could actually see that most of the new traits bring new options to the table (which is always good), and that the stat rework might help the general state of the game (helping everyone, crazy right?). Then there is that thing about there being a sigil and rune rework that might help burst builds and other niches do their work better, again bringing more options, and possibly mitigating the stat nerf.

If you really love your thief as much as most of us do, please care and think about it, don’t just hate and complain in its name.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

execullent.8560

I know i understand what all this traits do!
Sigils and runes DONT help to get this damage!

I told that the fight will be loooonger where big problem will be CONDITION DMG! And burst damage get lower!

Look what great GM traits get another classes and what took we are!

This update only cool for condi players! No for direct or burst dmg

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ive been merging over to engineer class. thief is so useless in every mode of gw2. only viability is in wvw roaming. and that doesnt help anyone really. killing a player 1v1 while roaming gives no points or strategic advantage. spvp/tpvp thieves can only do 2v1s and gang up on people which also hurts their team bc they usually end up clumping together rather than spreading out to cap and focus on poitns/winning.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

Hmm I switched over to engi as well. I feel like its a trend im noticing

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Hmm I switched over to engi as well. I feel like its a trend im noticing

as an engineer…i totally destroy thieves. its actually quite laughable.

p/s = 2 dazes (skill 5) 1 pushback (skill 4) + confusion poison etc and burns on crits

healing turret (blows up for dmg and pushes back)
tool kit (pulls + 4s of block + 5 confusion stacks)
flame throw kit (aoe blind + aoe push back + aoe fire burn + aoe explosion + burns)
Elixir S (3 sec invulnerability + 4 secs of stealth)
Supply Crate ( 2s stun + burns + immobs + heals + regen and more)

this totally destroys thieves. shadow refuge? ok i blow up push back pull or air blast them out. works 75% of the time.

thieves are a joke against good players. thieves do take higher skill level to play well…and since ive mastered thief i find it easier to play other professions well as im using my intuition and reaction time ratherthan just dumb dumb skills like aegis and passives like warriors or AI like mesmers.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Woah woah…
They dont hate us… it’s just they love and pay attention to other classes more, that’s all… they still love us… just you know… not so much.

>.> If anything I sense some jealousy…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

The nerf isn’t just to us… Cannon Necros, power warriors, dps guards, zerk ranger, all of them are going to be majorly impacted. I think there are still going to be effective power builds, though condis are gonna be so much more op since you can build bunker Condi and be immortal. My thoughts are regen thief but that may not end up working out, I’ll have to see.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Tetsuyja.7805

Tetsuyja.7805

anet hates no profession. this is the truth, although not everybody wants to know it =)

an other truth is that anet loves warriors. anet made the warrior in the exact image of God. warriors can do everything.

third truth: cause of the previous truth they are unbeatable because they have no weaknesses.

last truth: the third truth isn’t true ;D

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

easiest profession ? really?
If u don’t understand this topic pls don’t speak more!

? Maybe you should read context sir. I stated warrior (The class anet only seems to play and care for) is the easiest, further reinforcing the topic of the thread, Arena Net hate thieves?

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Arena.net Hate Thieves?

Enter our world of Abandonment, Solitude, Brokenness and Lamentation.

The day you were born, you were born free.

The day we were born, we were born in solitude.

-rangers-

Attachments:

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

Is that you in that photo burnfall on the steps to making sense?

If I can make a suggestion, don’t stop! Keep making your way up!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Is that you in that photo burnfall on the steps to making sense?

If I can make a suggestion, don’t stop! Keep making your way up!

Happiness is too mainstream.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Drannon.8254

Drannon.8254

o.o I don’t think they hate us, the nerf is applied to every one lol. We have so many ways to avoid damage at the moment (given you use the right weapons and utils), I think this change just makes it so we have less chances to make mistakes and still win. Oh, and I’m speaking about roaming, because what else are we really good at :/.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Thief is good at every game mode lol. PvE=damage. Every class is essentially viable for PvP although Rangers probably have it the worst. PvP=Thief is part of the meta. Its pretty much required to have one thief on a team in high end tPvP. Then WvW=roaming and scouting although I wouldn’t say scouting is a great role at all and you don’t get good loot in zergs. But let’s be honest, the only classes that don’t belong in all game types are mainly Else’s and Rangers although Else’s a getting a little bit of love this patch and might make it into the PvP meta but who knows.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

o.o I don’t think they hate us, the nerf is applied to every one lol. We have so many ways to avoid damage at the moment (given you use the right weapons and utils), I think this change just makes it so we have less chances to make mistakes and still win. Oh, and I’m speaking about roaming, because what else are we really good at :/.

getting nerfed?

Anyways, we have ways to “evade” damage, we don’t have ways to soak up and recover like the rest. It’s like monks in D3 if you bought it and immediately regretted it. Evasion is nice and all but when a hit gets through that it hurts A LOT so ultimately it isn’t as good as it sounds.

Perma evade only works against slow attacking enemies like guardian or warrior hammer for example. Otherwise hits do slip through, and it isn’t a tickle. Defensive gear on a thief is rather weak too since we sit at the lowest health pool. To deal with conditions and heavy hits, best to spec for vitality. Sure you throw in some toughness but overall its not that great to gear for unless you get a lot of it. If you get a lot of it, you can’t really make up for the loss in dps. Overall, thieves either build rather tanky (dire/carrion-> condi, PVT/clerics-> venom share support) or squishy, there is almost no middle ground in that without noticeable sacrifices elsewhere.

Perma stealth is just bleh, a gimmick. You aren’t avoiding damage as much as avoiding a fight because you don’t know how to respond to your pursuer. Only people who abuse stealth are full glass cannons who wait for things like Shadow step to get off cooldown so they can safely jump in, dish damage out, and avoid being locked down. It’s boring as kitten to watch/fight against.

Thieves get to jump around, stealth and/or evade. Nothing really else to that.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

The nerf isn’t just to us… Cannon Necros, power warriors, dps guards, zerk ranger, all of them are going to be majorly impacted. I think there are still going to be effective power builds, though condis are gonna be so much more op since you can build bunker Condi and be immortal. My thoughts are regen thief but that may not end up working out, I’ll have to see.

wow…such depth in your perception! (sarcasm)

necros take the same nerf even tho they have like 3x more hp than thief?

warriors even tho they have best condi rem/heal/hp/def + arguable offense in game?

DPS guards? even tho they r best def/heal +3000hp and 33% more burn dmg?

Ranger’s? pfft lol

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Thief is good at every game mode lol. PvE=damage. Every class is essentially viable for PvP although Rangers probably have it the worst. PvP=Thief is part of the meta. Its pretty much required to have one thief on a team in high end tPvP. Then WvW=roaming and scouting although I wouldn’t say scouting is a great role at all and you don’t get good loot in zergs. But let’s be honest, the only classes that don’t belong in all game types are mainly Else’s and Rangers although Else’s a getting a little bit of love this patch and might make it into the PvP meta but who knows.

wwwwwwwwwwwwow. u have no idea aboutthis game. are you talking gw1? i think youlogged into gw2 by accident :P

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Thief/ Rogue/Assassin like burst damage class will be deleted by arena net

Good job Anet.

They do money not a GAME! =(

This. Please delete thief class anet!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Anet don’t hate thieves, because hate is an emotion, they despise and ignore them.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

How dumb are you people? Thief burst is absolutely insane in wvw.

Is this a joke thread? Are you all a bunch of trolls?

Ranger//Necro

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Yes, in WvW. What is with the rest?

WvW is not the only game mode, and burst should not be the only thing, that thieves can do.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Thief burst is absolutely insane against terribads.

fixed*

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

fixed*

I completely disagree with that statement

(even Yishi will too)

Fairness Is To Not Get Everything, To Not Have Everything "

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

you mean they are good at 1v1 right?

You realize 1v1 has no place in wvw…no place in any format. so we are strong in something that has no relevance. and either dead last or 2nd to last in everything that matters. oh yeah now i get it :P

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

fixed*

(even Yishi will too)

• as they all self suicide by attacking daggerstorm with ranged attacks**

then i turned it off. yishis very rarely plays good players. TIER 1 servers are HORRIBLE at 1v1 and small combat. this is notoriously know.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

fixed*

(even Yishi will too)

then i turned it off. yishis very rarely plays good players. TIER 1 servers are HORRIBLE at 1v1 and small combat. this is notoriously know.

fixed*

(even Yishi will too)

How do you determine who is good?

How do you determine who is a good player?

How do you determine who are good players?

Does being a good player make one become like others?

Does being a good player makes one belong to higher tiers?

" Good Player is about being yourself "

" Good Player is about knowing yourself "

" Good Player is about believing in yourself "

" Good Player is about making some mistakes "

" Good Player is about learning from them "

" Good Player is about who you are "

" Good Player is about you "

" Not about what others are "

" Not about what other others say about you "

" Not about what others think about you "

" Not about others "

" Not about classes "

" Not about Ranks "

" Not about ‘skills’ "

" Not about Traits "

" Not about Runes "

" Not about Tiers "

" Not about Sigils "

" But about "

" Only "

" You "

" Just "

" U "

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

wwwwwwwwwwwwow. u have no idea aboutthis game. are you talking gw1? i think youlogged into gw2 by accident :P

I really hope your joking. Anybody, literally anybody can do PvE no matter the class. I have more hours on my thief than any other class and I never had any problem whatsoever with PvE content being high level fractals, LS events, dungeons, anything. They are actually really good at it because PvE is all about bursting down the boss as fast as possible and their attack animations are the most predictable attacks so you can just dodge whenever. Not to mention Thieves can skip through almost all the dungeon and help is teammates do that as well through SR or blasting combo fields.

Then we come to PvP where Thief is part of the meta. Almost every tPvP team will have a thief on their team for far point recap because of their mobility and the fact that they are great for 1v1 and they can jump into team fights and burst someone down that is at half health and then jump back out. Can a different class fill this role? Yes but nearly as good thus thief is usually the main choice.

Finally we come to WvW where thief is the #1 roaming class there is and I personally prefer roaming over zerging as its more fun imo. Thief is also great at scouting. The only thing a thief is t that great at is commanding and getting bags while zerging although what I usually do is spam cluster bomb to get my bags.

Please, if you are going to say I’m wrong support it with a counter argument. What I do agree on is that Thief is designed poorly and thus gets extremely repetitive and I wish Anet had designed it differently as thief/rogue/assassin has always been my go to class when it came to mmo’s because I love the stealthy burst playstyle but in this game there is no diversity with the play style with thief. It makes me sad.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

recap? a warrior has more long distance ability than thief. so i guess yeah a thief can do that if hes just recapping. not sure that makes thief strong tho. warrior is very interchangeable as well as other class (but they ahve to be very build specific….can still do it well just very niche’d)

1v1s? not really part of any mode in gw2…. so pvp? eh…other than capping i wouldnt play a thief (and i play thief main 99% of the time. 4 legendaries on him full ascended…the works. just saying so u dont thinkim a thief hater. i love mine)

defending points? thief? lol @ defending a point in pvp. thieves are always pushed off point from stealth, dodging, evading, hiding, porting and just plain avoiding AOE. all the while the opponent is capping and earning points.

De-capping w/ another player(s) on point? lol again. other team earns points while thief is acting all tricking going all over the place with the same things mentioned above but even if by some chance he does beat a player on point (not likely considering its a small area usually and thieves need larger ones to do well) he will have lost many points bc he couldnt contest the point or push another player off. there is NO point pressure other than cluster bombs and OTHER classes actually have blocks/invuln and pushes/pulls/fears and so much more.

wvw? thief is 100% the best here….at trolling. 1v1 sure still very good. def the best 1v1’er in wvw. ill give us that. however….1v1 has NO place in wvw. it doesnthelp anything other than the thief feel good about himself.

When we look at OP’ness we SHOULD be looking at how 1 character can do well and change outcomes of team or goal play. 1v1’ing doesnt change anythign in any mode. and since thief is a joke outside of 1v1 2v2 ….its the exact opposite of useful (in the sense you would almost always rather have another player class)

PVE? fun for farming and great class for skipping things. other than that most other classes are better at PVE. not much to be said here.

Why is this in its entirety? what will fix thief to make him a team player?

- since thief burst was cut over 50%…. we need more HP to help us outlast the lack of dmg we had originally traded for in lieu of defense.

- we need better non stealth condition removal

-we need f2 f3 atleast

- we need IR un-nerfed on s/d or a total rework of s/d

- we need AA fixed on p/d and skill 2 as well

- we need more team support options I.E. > utilities, aoe, debuffs or more range

- unroot s/p pistol whip and decrease dmg 15%

many other things too but some of the ideas that can make thief viable in team play other than going invis and staying at the edge turning a 5v5 into a 5v4 (in favor of opponents)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Ok I think I will be serious this comment.

How do you determine who is good? By watching them play well.

How do you determine who is a good player? By watching them play well and improve on any mistakes they make.

How do you determine who are good players? By watching them play well, improve on any mistakes they make and then pass the knowledge onto the newbies that follow.

Does being a good player make one become like others? …sure?

Does being a good player makes one belong to higher tiers? Yup. Higher tiers of gameplay.

" Good Player is about being yourself " Correct.

" Good Player is about knowing yourself " And your profession (at minimum).

" Good Player is about believing in yourself " And improving yourself.

" Good Player is about making some mistakes " and learning from them.

" Good Player is about learning from them " and doing better next time around.

" Good Player is about who you are " (not so much)

" Good Player is about you " (not really)

" Not about what others are " (you kinda need to know other professions to effectively fight them. so yes, knowing what others are is important.)

" Not about what other others say about you " (criticism is important. You just gotta be able to take it. #sageadvice)

" Not about what others think about you " Mostly….

" Not about others " Yep.

" Not about classes " (actually yes)

" Not about Ranks " Yep.

" Not about ‘skills’ " (that’s actually really important lol)

" Not about Traits " (kinda important)

" Not about Runes " (less important)

" Not about Tiers " Yep.

" Not about Sigils " (kinda important)

" But about " (time?)

" Only " Zuul.

" You " tube

" Just " Chuck Testa.

" U " VWXYZ

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

lol not. Anet loves thieves. what you call nerfs…lol. you haven’t seen nerfs. we are still the most hated class in the game, so clearly anet hasn’t really hurt us.

OP’d thief, lol

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

lol not. Anet loves thieves. what you call nerfs…lol. you haven’t seen nerfs. we are still the most hated class in the game, so clearly anet hasn’t really hurt us.

Anet nerfs us because they love us. I guess they hate warriors with a passion since they buff them every 2 weeks. I can just imagine april’s patch now…

HERE IS YOUR FREAKING 100% BURST CRIT RATE WARRIORS!!! I HOPE YOU KILL YOURSELF WITH IT!!!

Seriously though, 10/10 for having the most contradictory comment on thief forums.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Maybe Sanduskel have right.

ANet dont hate thieves, they love them.
They love them so much, that they see the thief as a cuddly toy, and toys dont hurt somebody.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Are you KIDDING??? They are the Golden Child profession! Daddy Dev (you should know which) has been keeping you king of the 1v since launch. Aww… so your no real skill required spammable BS (literally and figuratively) and HS are getting reduced? Thieves should be getting a 30% reduction in BS and HS, not a measly 10%! Wow, so 6k becomes a 5k.

Thieves have been such bull in WvW since launch. How much consumer backlash is required before Anet fixes it has been my question.

You realize 1v1 has no place in wvw…no place in any format. so we are strong in something that has no relevance

Please tell this to every player ganked while running to a camp. Or, coming out of spawn in the south of the BL’s, especially Lake.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

is that not the point of a thief .
to gank people running to camps and try to find small scale fights and stragglers .

i don’t see how a 100% increase in burst rate for a war is “balanced”
that sounds like it will be insane . for a class that is all ready really good .
lol rangers get fixed speed on arrows :S

(edited by caveman.5840)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

10 percent reduction in crit damage !
Reducing the length of the gas ! A new Traits are simply useless in WvW . Will be a similar situation as in pvp bekstab balanced build is not so strong ! Bekstab will beat the average for the five thousand that is very sad !
Kill faster than you die be impossible. Counditions builds become stronger! Burst builds lose their effectiveness that is the main role of this class !
Support role its to UGLY in gameplay thief!!!
Compared to other classes we have low hp, low armor , and even that we have damage reduction !
Will be long battles where thieves will die from condi as we have a pour damage in a single bekstab !
The purpose of this patch to remove effectiveness burst damage, so make meaningless beckstab builds! Loss of damage to a thief leads to futility burst damage that will be useless for bekstab builds!
WHY DID U DO THIS?!?!?!

umm I couldn’t understand what your problem is.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Are you KIDDING??? They are the Golden Child profession! Daddy Dev (you should know which) has been keeping you king of the 1v since launch. Aww… so your no real skill required spammable BS (literally and figuratively) and HS are getting reduced? Thieves should be getting a 30% reduction in BS and HS, not a measly 10%! Wow, so 6k becomes a 5k.

Thieves have been such bull in WvW since launch. How much consumer backlash is required before Anet fixes it has been my question.

You realize 1v1 has no place in wvw…no place in any format. so we are strong in something that has no relevance

Please tell this to every player ganked while running to a camp. Or, coming out of spawn in the south of the BL’s, especially Lake.

Because the players who keep getting ganked by thieves never use situational awareness or common sense when fighting them. That’s what happens when you zerg all of the time. You become braindead, only paying attention to the chat or the map for the blue dorito. Then suddenly “from out of nowhere” the thief who was following you for the past 3 minutes drops you.

Its not because they are super permastealth ninjas, its because players are acting like neanderthals. Something as simple as “situational awareness” in any pvp environment is almost REQUIRED to survive and situational awareness requires a player’s full attention.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Arena Net hate Thieves?

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

Because the players who keep getting ganked by thieves never use situational awareness or common sense when fighting them. That’s what happens when you zerg all of the time. You become braindead, only paying attention to the chat or the map for the blue dorito. Then suddenly “from out of nowhere” the thief who was following you for the past 3 minutes drops you.

Its not because they are super permastealth ninjas, its because players are acting like neanderthals. Something as simple as “situational awareness” in any pvp environment is almost REQUIRED to survive and situational awareness requires a player’s full attention.

They are not aware that pressing r while alt-tabbed means you are walking loot. Thief is good at roaming, its their “thang”, but people mistake this + as if it is applied everywhere qnd suddenly we see nerfs in places that made 0 sense. Sadly even in pvp many people are quite braindead and never bother to look around during a fight. Like when you see a rifle or lb war sitting there and raining dps, while half your team is jumping around like a bunch of animals in rush hour traffic.