As a D/D Theif, what should I spec for in my traits?

in Thief

Posted by: SackForge.6927

SackForge.6927

Q:

At the moment im running a weird 0/30/15/10/15, but I’d like some advice on something that could be better, so suggestions would be nice!

in Thief

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

I run 30/20/20/0/0 on my D/D thief with alot of stealth for survivability. i rarely die and can still do the high damage backstabs. play a hit and run thief, but because of 15 in deadly arts my target is always weakened so i can go toe to toe with alot of people if i want to.

im 20 in teh stealth line for Steal stealth and i use mug, immobolize poison goes off from mug so now i have a free backstab

in Thief

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

First you got to decide what kind of build you gonna be rollin and then try out what best fits your play style. Personally I like playing CnD backstab build or Condition Damage by applying bleeds and poisons. Here is my build for sPVP ganking and keeping nodes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQNAoYVlUm6NHbS6E/JFy2jKMnIKOFGFS5Vgs0KQTA;TsAg0CnoKyUkoIbRuikFt+YAxkDA

Any doubt, just ask!

~Sanctum of Rall~

in Thief

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Right now I’ve just created a monstrously powerful PvE build with 0/30/20/5/15.

I use Steal when an enemy’s back is turned and I’m immediately stealthed so I get a completely free backstab. Then I use Death Blossom and my evade which leaves caltrops a few times to get them down to half HP.

Once they hit 50% HP I either cloak and dagger and backstab again or finish with Heartseeker because I get a 20% damage buff when they do. This could easily be swapped out with a 100% chance of critical while in stealth for PvP.

I’m not sure how this would work in PvP or WvW because I only have about 13,000 HP and my high toughness doesn’t seem to always carry me. But I do have some good options in my major traits to remove conditions which means I may be good at support too.

Perhaps I just need better armor. Some of my pieces are still level 42 or so and I have no rare or exotics.

User will be infracted for this post.