Asking for advice on WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Panncakez.1290

Panncakez.1290

So I’ve recently got my thief to 80, now it’s in full zerker (duh) equipment. A day of “roaming” with Crit. Strikes, SA and Trickery went kinda fine. But from my experience – I’m VERY squishy, and when chained into a cc-bursts like guardians JI with traited VOJ for root, I go down in mere seconds (must be reaction problems :P ).

Now for the questions – what d/x power-based builds are “viable” and what rune sets are more suitable for glasscannon-ing/dueling/zerging?

in Thief

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

None. Thief is not viable WvW anymore.
Coming from a main Thief player, the latest rebalance patch just destroyed us.

in Thief

Posted by: Panncakez.1290

Panncakez.1290

Any examples/explanations? Never dug deep into theives, so I don’t know what changed. :|

in Thief

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

Any examples/explanations? Never dug deep into theives, so I don’t know what changed. :|

Some people just want to complain…

On the topic, I think you choose the right trait lines for a beginner and don’t be upset about getting beaten by guards. DPS/condi guard has always countered thieves, especially d/p and d/d.

If you feel like you are getting screwed by immobs, take withdraw as a heal, even with a SA build, it will save your life.

Other than that, realize that thief has a fairly high skill cap and to win a lot of matchups you have to play either really aggressively (if you are DA, CS and Trickery) or reset a lot and regen (DA/CS, SA and Trickery).

Learn how to use the backstab steal comb (precast backstab and steal before it finishes) and practise dodging in SR.

Hope some of this helps

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation

in Thief

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

As for builds, I’m on mobile so I won’t link any, but generally mug, panic strike and improv or exec for DA, Thrill, BT and Sleigh of Hand for Trickery. If you go CS make sure to pick no quarter and if you go SA take the health/ini gain in stealth.

Runes are usually pack, occasionally you see some scholar or others. Whatever works for you.

Sigils on d/p should be fire/air for higher burst, energy and air/fire on SB is what I run, but generosity or leech works fine too.

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation