Assassin's Reward

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: Rascalking.9845

Rascalking.9845

I have seen some other posts regarding the upcoming scaling for this skill, and it’s movement to grandmaster tier. I believe this skill is already worthless enough without having to move it to grandmaster tier. Even if they buff the scaling, I have never heard of a thief using healing power in their build. The base healing is ~70 per initiative. In my build, which has more initiative due to trickery, a full use of my initiative would gain me just over 1000 health. Compare this to the warrior signet which gains 400 health per second without having to use attacks, or even an elementalist gaining ~100-200 per cast + the ability to passively gain health in water, and you see how flawed the healing is for this trait.

My suggestion is that instead of increasing scaling for a attribute no thief uses, instead increase the base power of the trait. 150-250 I think would be reasonably fair. Thoughts?

Black Devil Brigade [SSF]
#Maguuma

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_malice
You compare the two healing signets of other classes to a trait even though Thief has the highest potential healing of the signets.

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_malice
You compare the two healing signets of other classes to a trait even though Thief has the highest potential healing of the signets.

Well, you could always say that AR has the highest potential healing by using 6 init/second, but that’s obviously not realistic. Same goes for that Signet.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

glaphen.5230

You can spam Cluster Bomb on yourself inside a group of enemies and heal 1197 a cast and do this every 3 seconds. Not every heal is good on every build. Elementalist signet is useless without the Written in Stone grandmaster trait. Warrior signet is countered by burst so a zerker Warrior is risking a Backstab and Heartseeker spam to die in 1-10 seconds. Thief signet needs multi-hit attacks to do good healing and still has a decent active heal if traited.

EDIT: Actually I just tested it and Cluster Bomb actually hits 5 targets so you can get 1995 per cast and Choking Gas gives you 665 per second when hitting 5 targets. You also get 399 per .95 second each auto attack if there’s at least 2 targets compared to Healing Signets 392.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

You can spam Cluster Bomb on yourself inside a group of enemies and heal 1197 a cast and do this every 3 seconds. Not every heal is good on every build. Elementalist signet is useless without the Written in Stone grandmaster trait. Warrior signet is countered by burst so a zerker Warrior is risking a Backstab and Heartseeker spam to die in 1-10 seconds. Thief signet needs multi-hit attacks to do good healing and still has a decent active heal if traited.

EDIT: Actually I just tested it and Cluster Bomb actually hits 5 targets so you can get 1995 per cast and Choking Gas gives you 665 per second when hitting 5 targets. You also get 399 per .95 second each auto attack if there’s at least 2 targets compared to Healing Signets 392.

If you need healing, it seems impractical to run inside a group of enemies and spam CB. I’m not even sure how commonplace it is to encounter a group of 5 enemies where you can do this, outside of WvW and large hotjoin servers.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You can spam Cluster Bomb on yourself inside a group of enemies and heal 1197 a cast and do this every 3 seconds.

The more opponents, the more you can heal yes.

Up to the point you notice that :
- the more opponents, the more damage you receive
- actually, there’s a cap at 5 targets so it’s false that the more opponents the more you can heal past that point
- retaliation

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

glaphen.5230

Don’t know where you get the idea of my saying more than 5 targets. I never said it would be useful in Spvp. It is the best heal in the game for PvE and especially WvW if you use the short bow or a D/D condition build. If it was ever buffed for Spvp it would need to be a change separate from PvE. But this thread is about a guy comparing a trait to two heal skills and wanting the trait to be equal to the heals.

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Moving it to Grandmasters severely limits any possible build diversity. If it’s so important then we’ll not only have 30 Critical Strikes a hardcore, massive requirement for every non cond build, but 30 Acro as well. It’d be the new 10/30/30. Maybe it’s intended to be a huge indirect DMG nerf across the board.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Assassin's Reward

in Thief

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

In its current version, I think Assassin’s Reward would be suitable for a 10 point major trait. Increasing its heal scaling by 35%, I do not know what numbers we will be looking at, still probably lower than 150 hp per initiative spent, will MAYBE increase its usefulness to a 20 point major trait.

I thought arenanet wanted to reward thieves for sticking to a fight? I think moving this to grandmaster tier without even checking how the community reacts to the 35% heal scaling will be a terrible idea.
With the sword nerf coming up I see this as an extra blow.