At least I tried...

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

I have no idea if this build is viable. It has worked so far…but I would love it if it was improved. When using it, I do what every thief must learn how to do from all the nerfs: RUN! I basically ‘run’ but then drop ambush, then trip wire. When and if they fall for it, I turn around and drop Thieves’ guild and drop my signet. End result: A lot of damage against noobs, but only if they fall for it. Does anyone have improvements?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAV4YlsMhGnYZTwuJw+ELtE22I4CkomLhrwZoWAoLsAA-ThxSABIpEcM1f0d5BAWBI0NAKT5HA-e

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

The critical strikes trait with cond traits at the same time seem sort of op because will tricky the enemy into not knowing where the dmg is actualy comming from, very smart!

….and those mechanics combo SO well with zealot gear.

Very good… 10/10 I don’t think I can suggest improvements at all.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Thanks! I’ve been working on it for a long time.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

At least I tried...

in Thief

Kaliny.8265

Would keep on low profile tho, you wouldn’t like it getting nerfed so quickly would you? ; )

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

This thread is gold

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

6k heal? srsly!

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

11,6k health pool in this meta? The rune looks totally random too, no weapon/sigil/food.. Assassin’s signet sound like a bad joke.. Hell really look like an alcoholic theory craft or an “not funny anymore” kind of troll/joke attempt.

I try to help anyway.. because you know, there is something worst to Anet balance, the passive/aggressive thread.

Suggestion:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAV4alsMhynYpTwuJw+EL0EGXNIFMDmrgfwSoWA4JEBA-TRCEAB2v/ABHBADOIAurboJlfAqEEgLAg/q/8wDAIAACwNvZ2sNDO6RP6RP6R7m38oH9m3sMAFTA-e

ps: gl & forgive my english <3

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Very nice. I can actually picture someone who falls victim to this. They get stacks of vulnerability while you get stacks of might.

I used to run Ambush + TG with my P/P build so long time ago and this just reminds me of how fun it was.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

At least I tried...

in Thief

Kaliny.8265

Indeed we can already see such players falling on those traps.

They synergize very well with the whole concept you created.

Some people fall so hard on well placed traps, I can even see us /cough/, I mean, thiefs guild elite doing a lot of dmg on such ambushed enemys.

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Oh I like this build. Kind of a one-trick pony, but looks fun nonetheless.
D/D just might work with this build, with the immob and all.

Here is what i PERSONALLY will change

Personally I’ll take Trapper’s respite instead of Dagger Training.
Dagger training is pretty lackluster (2 sec poison).
Its an extra trap, which means extra Might and Vulnerability, and some slight conditions.
And I’d take Executioner over potent poison, simply because you have no Condition Damage, and the trait is slightly wasted. And you’ll like the extra burst damage.

And maybe shadow Trap might be more useful compared to Ambush? Its a free shadowstep. Not too sure how effective ambush is :P

I’d take Practiced Tolerance instead of Sundering Strikes, to better synergise with the Assassin’s Signet. You get kittens when you proc the signet, better make the crits hurt as much as possible, instead of taking time to stack vulnerability.

I’d personally take more burst damage from Havoc Mastery, as weakening strikes are a more “sustainy” trait. With Assassin’s Signet, I’d assume you’ll want to burst down your target as fast as possible.

And personally i don’t like using Thieves guild outside of Venomshare builds in PvP. I’d take Basilisk venom or impact strike instead.

Rune choices confuse me thou.

Just one TINY, TINY problem….

You know that zealots Inscriptions/Insignia costs 25g each right?
that’s AT LEAST 150 gold for armor alone, an extra 75g for weapons….

I’d go standard Zerk/Valk mix for this build

All in all, a very interesting and fun build for roaming.
I can imagine the amount of hate this build will generate in WvW

EDIT wait, Ambush + Thieves guild + Sundering Strikes might be a very interesting combo… if the crits our minions make stacks vuln….

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

(edited by EazyPanda.6419)

At least I tried...

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

DH runes would work very well with this as well. Everytime you drop that trap you will get 6 might stacks (180 power) , you got more power overall from the runes and ferocity ticks up nicely.

The chase me and a turnaround and kill when trap triggers would be very nice with a shadowtrap and 21 might stacks.