Auto attack in stealth.....umm

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Ok sometimes when i play p/d and im engaged in a fight or sometimes not….ill stealth and have a person targeted or still targeted and my sneak attack goes off…without permission/pressing it.

why? not its not a user mistake… i didnt press it

no its not queued…. but it is only line of sight when i turn toward them.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

This can occur due to having the auto attack skill 1 selected to auto cast. For what-ever reason (unpleasant design feature maybe) using a stolen item, a signet, or sometimes another utility skill causes your thief to force use skill 1 even when its a stealth move. You’ll notice it if you have a target and you use blinding tuff to increase your stealth duration as soon as you throw those feathers down you will attempt to backstab or shoot. Its really quite annoying i must say.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

This happens when you have auto cast on #1, and use an ability while being already in stealth (signet, shadow refuge, etc.). Not all abilities trigger it like that, but most of them.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Travlane.5948

it doesnt happen most the time. id say about 10-15% of the time it makes sneak attack go off….. so its gotta be a bug right? this more often than not causes death…especially with 4 secs of revealed in tpvp. wvw its sometimes manageable but still deadly like last refuge.

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Along with the auto attack issue, sometimes you will enter stealth while your pistol projectile is already launch and hasn’t touched your target yet.
Happens in a very short time.

Projectile moving —→ Stealth --→ Projectile hits —→ lose stealth immediately --→ ??? —→ Profit. Wait. No. Revealed.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Along with the auto attack issue, sometimes you will enter stealth while your pistol projectile is already launch and hasn’t touched your target yet.
Happens in a very short time.

Projectile moving —-> Stealth —-> Projectile hits —-> lose stealth immediately —-> ??? —-> Profit. Wait. No. Revealed.

i know that… especially sux bc i use ricochet. but i already said earlier i ruled that out. not the problem. its a bug. stealth is supposed to stop all attack unless u press it…even if it is on auto use…..and yes even auto attack is SUPPOSED to work that way. this doesnt happen with daggers…..only pistol idk y.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Travlane, autoattack used to happen with daggers too. Never read if they actually fixed that. Just try not use auto-attack on #1 and see if it works better that way?

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Travlane.5948

hmm never had a problem with daggers…pretty much only pistol and super super rare sb .

ill have to untag auto attack as “auto” …..sad bc i hate smashing 1 all the time.