Autoattack sword vs dagger?

in Thief

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

If you are just autoattacking a single target, which does more damage, sword or dagger? Obviously since sword hits three targets, sword autoattack will beat dagger when multiple targets are around.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I think sword but I’m sure someone will come in here with math soon.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

here are damage coefficients for dagger and swords
DAGGER
1-2-4-5 Skills
Double Strike (1-1): 0.2775 x2
Wild Strike (1-2) – Lotus Strike (1-3): 0.847
Autoattack chain: 2.249 – 2s – 1.1245
Stealthed – Backstab (front): 1.202 – 0s – N/D
Stealthed – Backstab (back): 2.405 – 0s – N/D
Heartseeker: 1 (>50%)/1.502 (25%-50%)/2.005 (<25%) – 0.75s – 1.33 (>50%)/2 (25%-50%)/2.67(<25%)
Dancing Dagger: 1.048 (per hit) – 0.5s – 2.096 (per hit)
Cloak & Dagger: 1.624 – 0.5s – 3.248
SWORD

1-2 Skills
Slice (1-1) – Slash (1-2): 0.801
Crippling Strike (1-3): 1.3
Autoattack chain: 2.902 – 2.4s – 1.209
Stealthed – Tactical Strike: 0.748 – 1s – 0.748
Infiltrator’s Strike: 0.748 – 0s+travel time (slightly affected by distance) – N/D

looks like sword auto chain does more damage/second, but dagger auto chain add poison

source
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Skill-Coefficients-for-all-the-Thief-weapons/first#post467096

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sword deals more total damage after the whole AA sequence, about 1k more damage compare to Dagger (+ poison damage), assuming that power is at 1200.

But since dagger attacks faster, by the time the Sword finishes its sequence, dagger is already starting its next sequence of AA. So within the time frame of completing the Sword AA sequence, dagger has dealt about 400 damage more than Sword.

If we are comparing Sword AA vs Dagger AA, Sword’s AA wins. But if we’re going to add time, then dagger wins.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I don’t see why you wouldn’t add time since DPS is the name of the game here.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

Thank you everyone for the information. Yes I’m only interested in DPS, not total damage over the length of one AA chain. So I’m hearing from one of you that they are equal, and from another that the dagger does more, if time is put into account?

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Thief

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Time to add my two cents, along with some math… Sword actually does more direct damage per second on autoattack than Dagger.

On to the math!
- First done with plain vanilla damage from the tooltips, or base damage, then done with weapon strength, power, and armor, or applied damage.

Equations:
Applied Damage: (Weapon Strength*Power*Coefficient)/Target Armor
Damage Per Second: (Base/Applied Damage)/Total Chain Time

Notes/Disclaimer:
- All coefficient values are taken from wiki.guildwars2.com.
- Power is set to 2000, target armor set to 2500.
— Sword Strength: 950-1,050 (1000)
— Dagger Strength: 970-1,030 (1000)
- Format:
Skill: (Coefficient) Base Damage Applied Damage – Equation for Applied Damage

Sword:
Autoattack Chain: Slice -> Slash -> Crippling Strike

1. Slice: (0.8) 269 640 – (1000*2000*0.8)/2500
  2. Slash: (0.8) 269 640 – (1000*2000*0.8)/2500
  3. Crippling Strike: (1.3) 437 1040 – (1000*2000*1.3)/2500
    Total Base Damage: 975
    Total Applied Damage: 2320
    Total Chain Time: 2.52 Seconds

Base Sword DPS: 386.9dps
Applied Sword DPS: 920.6dps

Dagger:
Autoattack Chain: Double Strike -> Wild Strike -> Lotus Strike

1. Double Strike: (.56) 188 448 – (1000*2000*.56)/2500
  2. Wild Strike: (.85) 286 680 – (1000*2000*.85)/2500
  3. Lotus Strike: (.85) 286 680 – (1000*2000*.85)/2500
    — Lotus Strike Poison Damage: 84 damage per second.
    Total Base Damage: 760
    Total Applied Damage: 1808
    Total Chain Time: 2.07 Seconds

Base Dagger DPS: 367.1dps
Additional Poison DPS: 84dps
Total Base DPS: 451.1dps
Applied Dagger DPS: 873.4dps
Additional Poison DPS: 84dps
Total Applied DPS: 957.4dps

Edit: Applied base Poison to Dagger DPS.
Hope that clears things up.

(edited by Diak Atoli.2085)

in Thief

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It really does Diak.

But it makes sense, considering the other sword skills are used as utility (evade, cond cleanse, boon removal, & movement). It needs a higher sustained dps with its autoattack.

Dagger on the other hand, has other skills to add to its autoattack damage, in the form of heartseeker and backstab and applied conditions.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I don’t see why you wouldn’t add time since DPS is the name of the game here.

Because auto-attack DPS is not the name of the game here, it’s the combination of many things to see your overall DPS. Add time to AA if it matters to you, but we both know that often times that an AA sequence doesn’t always followed by another AA sequence.

Either way, pick whichever you prefer.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Time to add my two cents, along with some math… Sword actually does more direct damage per second on autoattack than Dagger.

On to the math!
- First done with plain vanilla damage from the tooltips, or base damage, then done with weapon strength, power, and armor, or applied damage.

Equations:
Applied Damage: (Weapon Strength*Power*Coefficient)/Target Armor
Damage Per Second: (Base/Applied Damage)/Total Chain Time

Notes/Disclaimer:
- All coefficient values are taken from wiki.guildwars2.com.
- Power is set to 2000, target armor set to 2500.
— Sword Strength: 950-1,050 (1000)
— Dagger Strength: 970-1,030 (1000)
- Format:
Skill: (Coefficient) Base Damage Applied Damage – Equation for Applied Damage

Sword:
Autoattack Chain: Slice -> Slash -> Crippling Strike

1. Slice: (0.8) 269 640 – (1000*2000*0.8)/2500
  2. Slash: (0.8) 269 640 – (1000*2000*0.8)/2500
  3. Crippling Strike: (1.3) 437 1040 – (1000*2000*1.3)/2500
    Total Base Damage: 975
    Total Applied Damage: 2320
    Total Chain Time: 2.52 Seconds

Base Sword DPS: 386.9dps
Applied Sword DPS: 920.6dps

Dagger:
Autoattack Chain: Double Strike -> Wild Strike -> Lotus Strike

1. Double Strike: (.56) 188 448 – (1000*2000*.56)/2500
  2. Wild Strike: (.85) 286 680 – (1000*2000*.85)/2500
  3. Lotus Strike: (.85) 286 680 – (1000*2000*.85)/2500
    Total Base Damage: 760
    Total Applied Damage: 1808
    Total Chain Time: 2.07 Seconds

Base Dagger DPS: 367.1dps
Applied Dagger DPS: 873.4dps

Hope that clears things up.

One flaw with your calculation is the difference between the “Total Chain Time”. As I mentioned in my post, by the time the Sword AA finishes its sequence, the Dagger AA already starts with its next AA sequence. So using the time frame of 2.52s, Dagger have dealt more damage than Sword, thus having the higher DPS.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

One flaw with your calculation is the difference between the “Total Chain Time”. As I mentioned in my post, by the time the Sword AA finishes its sequence, the Dagger AA already starts with its next AA sequence. So using the time frame of 2.52s, Dagger have dealt more damage than Sword, thus having the higher DPS.

Just divide total applied damage by chain time to arrive at the DPS values. Time has already been accounted for.

Just wondering if aftercast time has been accounted for however. IIRC crippling strike has aftercast of 0.5s(?)

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

The amount of time taken for each chain to complete is taken into account in the calculations. The formulas take the total damage and apply it to 1 second intervals.

To put it another way, in the time it takes for the sword chain to complete it’s rotation, a dagger chain will have, approximately, just hit with the first strike from Double Strike. That’s an additional 224 points of damage.

1808 + (448/2) = 2032 damage

Even applying the second strike, which admittedly is almost instantaneous after the first, is an additional 448 points of damage.

1808 + 448 = 2256 damage

Compare both these to the 2320 total from the sword’s chain, and you can see that sword deals more damage.

As for the aftercast delay, I believe it’s included. After watching it in game, I can say that the pause before either chain restarts is the same. As accurately as I can without an actual stopwatch, at least.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

If you want to know wich set has highest DPS (damage per second) so u can deal more damage on foes DAGGER has higher DPS than SWORD

Dagger AA chain is faster, say that sword AA is higher just because its Chain gives more damage is dumb since its much slower. In the end DPS is all that matters.

If you think wich one has a better AA to pvp not pve than Dagger is far ahead, against any decent player hitting the 3rd and most strong hit of sword AA will be really hard since its as i said before to slow.

I am not saying that dagger is a better weapon than sword, just comparing its AA.

If after all these posts you still dont believe or something just go to HotM build a dps thief for exemple time the kill of 20x golem with sword AA and time another 20 kill with dagger AA see the timers it doesnt lie. (you can do that in PvE too just chose a place with 2 or 3 vets of same type and do it, you will see dagger timer is faster)

(edited by Walker.3056)

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

Well, kitten… Math is right, but I’m wrong.

I did as you suggested, Walker, and found some pretty interesting results. I ran 2 tests, one with 918 base Power and the other with 2100 base power. Each weapon was timed while auto-attacking 5 Target Golem – Medium.

Test 1: 918 Power
Dagger: 5 kills in 3:34.6.
Sword: 5 kills in 4:01.3.

Test 2: 2100 Power
Dagger: 5 kills in 1:55.7.
Sword: 5 kills in 1:56.1.

I also timed each weapon against a single Target Golem – Medium at 2500 Power.

Test 3:
Dagger: 14.1 seconds.
Sword: 13.4 seconds.

After looking over my results, both from the DPS test and the previous math, I figured out the problem. I wasn’t including the inherent 84dps+ from the poison.

Final Conclusion: The dagger’s auto-attack has higher base DPS. However, the sword’s auto-attack will actually out DPS the dagger’s chain at Power levels of 2200 of greater.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

how much attack do you have with 2200 power?

All is vain.

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

Just over 3200, I believe. Simply add 950-1000, the average strength of your current equipped weapon, to your Power and you’ll come up with Attack.

However, Attack isn’t factored into any damage calculation, merely a measuring stick for your character’s kitten. :P

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

I’ve edited the mathematical portion to reflect the base DPS of the poison.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Just over 3200, I believe. Simply add 950-1000, the average strength of your current equipped weapon, to your Power and you’ll come up with Attack.

However, Attack isn’t factored into any damage calculation, merely a measuring stick for your character’s kitten. :P

what do you mean how come attack isn’t factored into any damage calculation? isn’t that the stat that decides how much damage you do in the end?

All is vain.

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

Attack is the sum of your weapon’s strength and your Power. The damage dealt by attack skills is the product of your weapon’s strength and your Power, then multiplied against that specific skill’s coefficient.

Utility skills only use Power in their damage calculations in the first place.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Attack is the sum of your weapon’s strength and your Power. The damage dealt by attack skills is the product of your weapon’s strength and your Power, then multiplied against that specific skill’s coefficient.

Utility skills only use Power in their damage calculations in the first place.

can’t you do those formulas using attack instead of power then since everyone attacks with a weapon? oh and i guess auto attack counts as a weapon skill and not a utility skill.

All is vain.

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

No. Look at it from the math.

The stat in the Hero panel is the sum of weapon strength and Power: (Max Weapon Strength) + (Power) = (Attack).
- (1000) + (2200) = 3200

The one used in the damage calculation is the product of the weapon’s strength and your Power, along with other values: (Average Weapon Strength*Power).
- (1000)*(2200) =2,200,000

- An additional multiplier, the skill coefficient, and then a divisor, the target’s armor, produces the amount of damage dealt.

Note the difference between the two.

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

With full zerker and critical hits sword does more dmg than dagger.
You totally forgot critical hits in your calculation and this is an important thing since conditions can’t crit.

You just have to compare the dmg coefficients
Dagger: 2.265 in 2.05s → 1.104
sword: 2.9 in 2.52s → 1.15

When you are in a good group your sword AA will hit for >20k the poisen wont make dagger AA stronger then

[rT]

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

With full zerker and critical hits sword does more dmg than dagger.
You totally forgot critical hits in your calculation and this is an important thing since conditions can’t crit.

This is where we get into specific builds, mechanics, etc. Any auto-attack, if traited and built right, can do more damage than the others. Arguably, sword does 3x the amount of damage in the calculations simply because it hits 3 targets. Daggers have the potential for more critical damage and effects simply because of of it’s speed and the amount of hits in the chain.

At this point, I would advise thieves to come up with a build theory and then figure out which would do more. However, I like doing math, so I shall endeavor to run a new set of calculations. This time, hopefully, I’ll be able to cover everything.

- Base/Applied Damage
— 1000, 2000, 2500, and 3000 Power respectively.
- Condition Damage
- Critical Chance/Damage
— 25%/25%, 50%/50%, and 50%,75% Critical Chance/Damage respectively.
— Including On-critical Sigils

Any suggestion are welcome, and hopefully I’ll be finished by tonight. Who knows, I may even do pistols.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Also do shortbow please.

All is vain.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Well, kitten… Math is right, but I’m wrong.

I did as you suggested, Walker, and found some pretty interesting results. I ran 2 tests, one with 918 base Power and the other with 2100 base power. Each weapon was timed while auto-attacking 5 Target Golem – Medium.

Test 1: 918 Power
Dagger: 5 kills in 3:34.6.
Sword: 5 kills in 4:01.3.

Test 2: 2100 Power
Dagger: 5 kills in 1:55.7.
Sword: 5 kills in 1:56.1.

That’s the advantage of sword over dagger; it scales better with power, crit damage, and damage buffs (i.e. vulnerability).

I also timed each weapon against a single Target Golem – Medium at 2500 Power.

Test 3:
Dagger: 14.1 seconds.
Sword: 13.4 seconds.

I agree. This is the reason why I switched to sword from dagger long time ago.

After looking over my results, both from the DPS test and the previous math, I figured out the problem. I wasn’t including the inherent 84dps+ from the poison.

Poison damage is negligible since a mere 5 points into DA will give sword access to poison also. I run 25pts into DA so I never take poison damage into considerations.

Final Conclusion: The dagger’s auto-attack has higher base DPS. However, the sword’s auto-attack will actually out DPS the dagger’s chain at Power levels of 2200 of greater.

That’s not all. If you add damage buffs and crit damage, sword blows dagger out of the waters.

This time, hopefully, I’ll be able to cover everything.

- Base/Applied Damage
— 1000, 2000, 2500, and 3000 Power respectively.
- Condition Damage
- Critical Chance/Damage
— 25%/25%, 50%/50%, and 50%,75% Critical Chance/Damage respectively.
— Including On-critical Sigils

Any suggestion are welcome, and hopefully I’ll be finished by tonight. Who knows, I may even do pistols.

Don’t forget buffs to both damage and power (i.e. vulnerability, might, respectively). You’ll find that sword scales way better than dagger.

Good luck!

in Thief

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So with dagger having better base dps than sword, does that mean that while leveling dagger is the optimal mh weapon since you’ve got negligible stats for quite a while?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

So with dagger having better base dps than sword, does that mean that while leveling dagger is the optimal mh weapon since you’ve got negligible stats for quite a while?

no because sword can hit 3 targets at once which is better than hitting 1 target at a time.

All is vain.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

no because sword can hit 3 targets at once which is better than hitting 1 target at a time.

Not only that. Sword gives you a very powerful utility at low level.

in Thief

Anubarak.3012

you all forgot something… Sword AA deals more dmg than Dagger AA but nobody will only use autoattack with a dagger. With Dagger you use CnD → BS → AA which is much better than sword.
Btw: yeah sword hits 3 targets this is the reason why you use it against trash but nearly every boss in this game is just 1 enemy^^

@Diak Atoli there are already many spreadsheets.. o/c you can calculate our dps again if you want but you can use an existing one^^ I did it about 6 months ago with every single thief build. Every single dungeon elite guild does this math for maximum dps. That’s why thieves are running D/D against bosses and s/p against trash

[rT]

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

you all forgot something… Sword AA deals more dmg than Dagger AA but nobody will only use autoattack with a dagger. With Dagger you use CnD -> BS -> AA which is much better than sword.

I think we all know that, but the topic is about auto-attack. For a single damage burst, dagger’s Backstab is the highest damage dealing skill among the weapon sets available to the Thief — but that’s another topic.

Btw: yeah sword hits 3 targets this is the reason why you use it against trash but nearly every boss in this game is just 1 enemy^^

Yes. Sword deals a lot of damage on single target and 3 times damage against 3 targets.

@Diak Atoli there are already many spreadsheets.. o/c you can calculate our dps again if you want but you can use an existing one^^ I did it about 6 months ago with every single thief build. Every single dungeon elite guild does this math for maximum dps. That’s why thieves are running D/D against bosses and s/p against trash

Of course you’ll use D/D because of the dagger’s highest burst damage. But against a boss fight that requires a lot of mobility like the one in Molter Facility, dagger is a poor choice — but that’s not the topic here.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

here are damage coefficients for dagger and swords
DAGGER
1-2-4-5 Skills
Double Strike (1-1): 0.2775 x2
Wild Strike (1-2) – Lotus Strike (1-3): 0.847
Autoattack chain: 2.249 – 2s – 1.1245
Stealthed – Backstab (front): 1.202 – 0s – N/D
Stealthed – Backstab (back): 2.405 – 0s – N/D
Heartseeker: 1 (>50%)/1.502 (25%-50%)/2.005 (<25%) – 0.75s – 1.33 (>50%)/2 (25%-50%)/2.67(<25%)
Dancing Dagger: 1.048 (per hit) – 0.5s – 2.096 (per hit)
Cloak & Dagger: 1.624 – 0.5s – 3.248
SWORD

1-2 Skills
Slice (1-1) – Slash (1-2): 0.801
Crippling Strike (1-3): 1.3
Autoattack chain: 2.902 – 2.4s – 1.209
Stealthed – Tactical Strike: 0.748 – 1s – 0.748
Infiltrator’s Strike: 0.748 – 0s+travel time (slightly affected by distance) – N/D

looks like sword auto chain does more damage/second, but dagger auto chain add poison

source
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Skill-Coefficients-for-all-the-Thief-weapons/first#post467096

But in the end it’s dagger because the last attack on sword isn’t too reliable.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I would think that those who uses Sword will make sure that the 3rd attack, the highest damage of the sequence, hits — I know I do.

in Thief

Diak Atoli.2085

Alright, here it is! Fair warning, this is gonna be a long post. Sadly, I can not actually make a table with this type format, but I will try my best.

First off, I’ve looked at the auto-attacks for Sword, Dagger, Pistol, and Shortbow. Buffs such as Might, critical damage, and inherent conditions are included in the calculations. This is a general comparison, and as such was figured with the widest possible set of builds in mind.

I have not done conditions such as vulnerability, as those would apply a flat percentage over all the weapons equally. I’ve also noted any +X% damage traits relevant to the weapon, however, they were not included in the calculation. Sigils, as well, were discounted because those are more the function of a specific build.

Notes/Disclaimer:

• All values are listed as damage over 1 second intervals.
  • Power: 1000 (Base), 2000, 2500, and 3000 (Might)
  • Critical damage is noted as critical chance/bonus critical damage.
    - 5%/0%, 25%/25%, 50%/50%, and 50%/75%
  • Condition damage is listed separately, as a +damage per second.
    - Bonus Condition Damage: 0, 300, 1000, 1400

Sword

• 3 hits over 2.52 seconds.
  • Hits up to 3 targets.

=== 5%/0% – 25%/25% – 50%/50% – 50%/75%
1000: 0,471.8 – 0,546.8 – 0,690.5 – 0,748.0
2000: 0,943.7 – 1,093.7 – 1,381.0 – 1,496.0
2500: 1,179.8 – 1,366.7 – 1,726.2 – 1,870.2
3000: 1,415.5 – 1,640.1 – 2,071.4 – 2,244.0

Dagger

• 4 hits over 2.07 seconds.
  • +5% Damage Trait

1000: 0,448.3 – 0,518.8 – 0,655.1 – 0,710.1
2000: 0,895.1 – 1,037.7 – 1,310.1 – 1,419.3
2500: 1,118.8 – 1,297.1 – 1,637.7 – 1,773.9
3000: 1,343.5 – 1,556.5 – 1,965.2 – 2,129.5
Additional Condition Damage:
- 0: +84
- 300: +114
- 1000: +184
- 1400: +224

Pistol

• 1 hit over .95 seconds.
  • +10% Damage Trait

===5%/0% – 25%/25% – 50%/50% – 50%/75%
1000: 172.6 – 200.0 – 252.6 – 273.7
2000: 345.3 – 400.0 – 505.3 – 547.4
2500: 431.6 – 500.0 – 631.6 – 684.2
3000: 517.9 – 600.0 – 757.9 – 821.1
Additional Condition Damage:
Stacks: —-1 --—- 2 —-- 4
- 0000: +42.5 – +85.0 – +170
- 0300: +57.5 – +115 – +230
- 1000: +92.5 – +185 – +370
- 1400: +112.5 – +225 – +450

Shortbow

• 1 hit over .95 seconds.
  • Bounces between 3 targets.
  • +5% Damage Trait

1000: 0,237.4 – 0,275.1 – 0,347.4 – 0,376.3
2000: 0,474.7 – 0,550.2 – 0,694.7 – 0,752.6
2500: 0,593.4 – 0,687.8 – 0,868.4 – 0,940.8
3000: 0,712.1 – 0,825.3 – 1,042.1 – 1,128.9

Well, there you go. Again, sorry for the impromptu and messy tables.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I have not done conditions such as vulnerability, as those would apply a flat percentage over all the weapons equally.

The percentage might be flat, but not the result. +10% to sword is not the same as +10% to dagger.

But whatever, none of the numbers you posted doesn’t make sense anyway. It seems that there are more variables added to the calculation that you have not disclosed. Or your crit damage calculation is wrong…I’m not really sure, but your numbers are a bit off somehow.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

I would think that those who uses Sword will make sure that the 3rd attack, the highest damage of the sequence, hits — I know I do.

Yes, sure but that doesn’t make it quicker and less telegraphed and easy to evade with
walking compared to the dagger one, and it’s quite annyoing to make sure that the last
hit actually hits imo, and I would really prefer a quicker animation like the one from
the warrior, even if it would make less dmg then, since it feels way more fluid. And
stupid looking attacks like those don’t fit the fast/stealthy theme of the thief anyway.
But in the end I guess it’s just personal preference, but I really think that those
animations should be swapped since it also feels off on the warrior, but whatever.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Yes, sure but that doesn’t make it quicker and less telegraphed and easy to evade with
walking compared to the dagger one, and it’s quite annyoing to make sure that the last
hit actually hits imo, and I would really prefer a quicker animation like the one from
the warrior, even if it would make less dmg then, since it feels way more fluid. And
stupid looking attacks like those don’t fit the fast/stealthy theme of the thief anyway.
But in the end I guess it’s just personal preference, but I really think that those
animations should be swapped since it also feels off on the warrior, but whatever.

Warriors are Anet’s little brats. We can’t do anything about that, so comparing us to them will be a waste of time. The funny part is, Anet still think that we are the ones who needs to be nerfed. lol.

in Thief

Anubarak.3012

Warriors are Anet’s little brats. We can’t do anything about that, so comparing us to them will be a waste of time. The funny part is, Anet still think that we are the ones who needs to be nerfed. lol.

But when you compare warriors dmg vs thief dmg and know the math behind without any prejudices you’ll see thieves do more dmg than warrior. Maybe you call me stupid but every elite PvE guild knows that, even warriors know that. The only one who don’t know this fact are mostly thieves….. sad v.v

[rT]

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

But when you compare warriors dmg vs thief dmg and know the math behind without any prejudices you’ll see thieves do more dmg than warrior. Maybe you call me stupid but every elite PvE guild knows that, even warriors know that. The only one who don’t know this fact are mostly thieves….. sad v.v

warrior has banner of strength and banner of discipline. thief only does more damage than warrior with those warrior banners. pretty sad imo

All is vain.