Axes for Thieves

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Recently,

I made a Charr Guardian with Personal story being Blood Legion, there is a step where asked pick between a necromancer or thief to help fill your warband, I picked to save thief, and what did I see, a dagger mainhand with an axe offhand.

So, since its already in the lore, where are the thieves offhand axes.

How do the other thieves out there feel about it?

Yes or No to them giving axes?

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

yes, even main hand…

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

No, I’ll take shuriken or kunai instead.

All is vain.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

So, since its already in the lore, where are the thieves offhand axes.

Who said it wasn’t “in the lore” before? He’s just a thief we picked up an axe. Do you think the NPC actually fights that well with the axe?.. maybe there’s a reason for that.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

What we really need is off-hand sword.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

I have actually been thinking they should give them axes myself. We can already go for the pirate look and the assassin look. Why can’t we go for the common bandit look too?

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Thief’s use whatever they can get there hands on, if you ask me the whole arsenal should be available, except maybe scepter and focus as there centered around magic, a staff can be used as an offensive melee weapon.

on the more realistic not i would love to see a whip / shield added to a thief, a shield would add a completely different dimension to the gameplay, center it around blocks and interrupts or something.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

I’d love to see axe offhand added. I’ve wanted so badly to be able to roll with sword/axe.

[Yay]

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Thief’s use whatever they can get there hands on, if you ask me the whole arsenal should be available, except maybe scepter and focus as there centered around magic, a staff can be used as an offensive melee weapon.

on the more realistic not i would love to see a whip / shield added to a thief, a shield would add a completely different dimension to the gameplay, center it around blocks and interrupts or something.

This.
I’d. Totally rock a stave or maces.
I’d also love to dual wield swords. I just got Bolt done and would love to partner it with Infinite Light.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Pistol OH is your shield then.
Headshot’s only purpose is to interrupt.
Blackpowder is a good meele shield.

Well I too would love to see a whip!

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Of the weapon choices thieves don’t have, MH Axe is the one that makes the most sense as far as what they could have. I wouldn’t complain too loudly about OH Sword, but it’s not as appropriate by a long shot (people are just used to WoW).

There are lots of potential weapons though that would be awesome – whips, claws, boomerangs, martial staves, etc. I also kind of think there should be two types of shields- bucklers and large shields, and that Thieves should get bucklers.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Hey I just wanted to note that the Thief DOES use magic. I have compiled a list of some quotes for you

“Thieves use a sub-branch of the Denial School called “Shadow Arts.” It’s derived from Canthan practices. You can see some of the similarities it shares with mesmerism—stealth and instant teleportation being the two big ones.”

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/An_Empire_Divided
(From GW1, however it mentions shadowstepping)

“Ash Legion Necro Charr, and one of the Ash Legion NPCs said something like, “Don’t worry about those guards, we can get by them with my stealth magic.”

“So Thieves really do use magic to turn themselves invisible, it’s not just a gameplay mechanic to set up for a backstab.”

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Hey I just wanted to note that the Thief DOES use magic. I have compiled a list of some quotes for you

“Thieves use a sub-branch of the Denial School called “Shadow Arts.” It’s derived from Canthan practices. You can see some of the similarities it shares with mesmerism—stealth and instant teleportation being the two big ones.”

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/An_Empire_Divided
(From GW1, however it mentions shadowstepping)

“Ash Legion Necro Charr, and one of the Ash Legion NPCs said something like, “Don’t worry about those guards, we can get by them with my stealth magic.”

“So Thieves really do use magic to turn themselves invisible, it’s not just a gameplay mechanic to set up for a backstab.”

That’s actually very interesting. I had always assumed the stealth/shadowstep stuff was just a gameplay abstraction. I wonder if engies have any magical tricks in their aresnal. If so, that’d only leave warriors. It’d be kind of cool if they had some arcane cantrips and a single tree supporting them.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

All weapons and armors should be available to everyone, like it will be in Elder Scrolls Online.
If you want to be a thief fighting with a spoon, you should be able to become a ginosaji. I don’t like weapon restrictions in this game.

@up
Engineers use elixirs, which are ,,fluid magic".

Signed, level 1 alt

(edited by Dagins.5163)

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think the most realistic item that I can’t believe we don’t have access to is the Mace. When I think of our class, thief, I think of just that – a trickster, sleight of hand using bandit, not an assassin or ninja.

A mace could be the perfect control weapon. The blackjack is used in like every other game as a weapon by our genre.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Engineers use elixirs, which are ,,fluid magic".

Aren’t elixirs classified as alchemy which is science, the anti-magic?

[Yay]

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Rytlock Brimstone is a Charr Warrior and he uses an off hand Pistol.

NPCs rules for weapons aren’t the same as players. Many of them could be seen in the future with expansions, but honestly I think many weapons have priority on the Thief list over Axes (specially off hand Sword, Rifle, melee Staff and either main hand Mace or melee Scepter working as a small mace/tonfa).

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

I honestly feel that ranger axe offhand skills are more suitable for thieves, using the new axe pull like a kusurigama, and the whirling defence while completely absurd is probably more suited to agile thieves.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

@Morbyd.3761
Consuming an elixir and shrinking yourself or transforming into something is classified as a form of magic.

@Gnat.9405
I miss my cheap mace stun build from WoW… and that sound of making furniture while pummeling someone in their face.

Signed, level 1 alt

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

All this talk of whips…do we have some Runescape players in here?

Anyway, I would be happy with ANY new weapon for the thief…even if it is a terrible addition. It would be nice to have something different. But I certainly dont think the thief will EVER get his/her hands on a shield, hammer, or GS.

I can see the thief getting a rifle however, kinda like a sniper….and maybe a longbow. Who knows.

Axes for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

All this talk of whips…do we have some Runescape players in here?

There was like one whip in that game afaik, so I doubt this is the case here.
Also there are already whips ingame, used by some npc’s (CoF/ Nightmare Court)
and there is at least one environmental weapon, which is a whip.

B2T: Something like the Dimensional Anchor would fit the Shadowsteping/Evasive
Theme of the thief, and would be really fun … well at least using the Anchor was imo.^^