[BUG] Hidden Thief = Blinding Powder

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

So it seems like Hidden Thief activates blinding powder when you steal on a target, granting allies stealth and blinding the enemy. Don’t know if this was intended or not but it’s also bugged such that it activates according to Blinding Powder’s CD. For example, if you use steal twice with reduced Steal CD blinding powder won’t proc the second time. Hopefully this is fixed because I actually loved that trait.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The update preview showed that it was actually supposed to proc Blinding Powder instead of just Stealth, and then it got changed. Maybe it…actually didn’t?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Doomdesire.9365

Either way I hope they fix the CD bug associated with it, because right now the cooldown with Hidden Thief is bugged

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Either way I hope they fix the CD bug associated with it, because right now the cooldown with Hidden Thief is bugged

Ah, so that’s what’s happening. God kitten it.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

So it seems like Hidden Thief activates blinding powder when you steal on a target, granting allies stealth and blinding the enemy. Don’t know if this was intended or not but it’s also bugged such that it activates according to Blinding Powder’s CD. For example, if you use steal twice with reduced Steal CD blinding powder won’t proc the second time. Hopefully this is fixed because I actually loved that trait.

They just gotta @#$%’ing break Hidden Thief somehow. I love how they mentioned they were reverting changes in pre-release patch notes but then they go ahead and leave it in there with a glaringly obvious oversight like this.

If nothing else, this kind of trash is proof that Anet does not playtest their garbage before releasing it. They definitely don’t pay attention to thieves on top of that, this is more proof. I mean, they gave DA a buff, it’s a solid line for burst thieves. CS supports that further but that’s really it for changes. Acro sucks now and SA really hasn’t changed much, aside from more bugs / broken traits / even nerfs to Shadow’s Embrace. So the changes are amazing for burst thieves, and that’s it really. You can’t say they buffed condi thieves because poison stacking is a global change.

On top of that, I’m almost certain that Mug + Hidden Thief still has a chance to just auto reveal you, on top of the fact now it just doesn’t stealth you if you don’t wait 40 seconds for it’s kittened ICD to pop up thanks to WTF went wrong coding. So either kitten yourself by waiting to steal or steal and don’t get the benefit of the trait because genius :B

To be honest I’d rather have an unbuffed Hidden Thief that doesn’t have this ridiculous ICD because it’s not like the blinding powder even blinds your target. It just does a blast finisher on steal, that’s really about it. Why did they even try with this considering it’s obvious how little effort they put into it upon release. -.-

Yeah, it’s not like using steal as soon as you can after it’s off CD isn’t useful or anything, especially if you run something like mug, improvisation and sleight of hand or bewildering ambush, but considering the new bug with Hidden Thief, hahaha … again this trait gets rekt. Awesome, just, awesome.

in Thief

Posted by: Adinay.2589

Adinay.2589

They just gotta @#$%’ing break Hidden Thief somehow. I love how they mentioned they were reverting changes in pre-release patch notes but then they go ahead and leave it in there with a glaringly obvious oversight like this.

If nothing else, this kind of trash is proof that Anet does not playtest their garbage before releasing it. They definitely don’t pay attention to thieves on top of that, this is more proof. I mean, they gave DA a buff, it’s a solid line for burst thieves. CS supports that further but that’s really it for changes. Acro sucks now and SA really hasn’t changed much, aside from more bugs / broken traits / even nerfs to Shadow’s Embrace. So the changes are amazing for burst thieves, and that’s it really. You can’t say they buffed condi thieves because poison stacking is a global change.

On top of that, I’m almost certain that Mug + Hidden Thief still has a chance to just auto reveal you, on top of the fact now it just doesn’t stealth you if you don’t wait 40 seconds for it’s kittened ICD to pop up thanks to WTF went wrong coding. So either kitten yourself by waiting to steal or steal and don’t get the benefit of the trait because genius :B

To be honest I’d rather have an unbuffed Hidden Thief that doesn’t have this ridiculous ICD because it’s not like the blinding powder even blinds your target. It just does a blast finisher on steal, that’s really about it. Why did they even try with this considering it’s obvious how little effort they put into it upon release. -.-

Yeah, it’s not like using steal as soon as you can after it’s off CD isn’t useful or anything, especially if you run something like mug, improvisation and sleight of hand or bewildering ambush, but considering the new bug with Hidden Thief, hahaha … again this trait gets rekt. Awesome, just, awesome.

I’d like to + 1million this.

All I’ve done is switched some builds around and purposely tested the trait to discover this. Its like they throw some changes at a class and hope it works and rely on us to do their job for them and report the bug and then maybe they will fix it in 3 years.

in Thief

Jesiah.2457

Pretty much Adinay, and I wish it weren’t the truth, but it seems that way. But unless we cry like lrn2player cryhards on the forums do about thief nerfs or buffs for their class for months about it, it won’t get fixed. Everyone knows they don’t listen to the intelligent players who don’t make a huge fuss about something rather than intelligent discussions.

So mow a cornerstone of my play style is probably going to have to wait yet another couple months to possibly years before it’s back to normal again, if ever, thanks to Anet and their absolutely absurd “vision” of esports.

Can’t stress how much I hate this patch already. XD

in Thief

Posted by: placeboing.3896

placeboing.3896

I put together a fun new build for this patch, but it somewhat relies on Hidden Thief, which currently works only half the time with this bug. I really hope this is fixed soon so that I can have fun playing my new build.

If this is in any way intentional, there needs to be a cooldown indication in the buff bar. Its plain annoying having Steal ready and waiting for the invisible cooldown when in the middle of an intense battle. But if this is intentional, that is a pretty wonky trait.

in Thief

Jesiah.2457

Pretty wonky and ultimately just bad. :/

The “Blinding Powder” effect doesn’t even blind your target for starters and it’s blast finisher effect is rarely even utilized. Your target has to be standing inside a field for that to affect them or buff you. So basically the whole blinding powder thing is completely negligible in terms of even being useful at all, while at the same time ruining the effectiveness of an already rarely used trait thanks to an inherently kittened ICD.

“Love” this patch so much that can’t even stand to log in right now.

in Thief

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Yeah, this is really bad. Literally only stealthing every other steal. Completely fatal in many situations.

in Thief

Doomdesire.9365

Update: It’s been fixed. It no longer activates blinding powder and works every time you use steal. Basically it’s been reverted to post patch!

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Just tried it, it’s much nicer now. Probably going to prioritise it over Shadow Protector most of the time.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief