Back after 4 months, what has changed?

in Thief

Posted by: Nukefish.1429

Nukefish.1429

I just picked GW2 back up, now that I have finished school and I have a week off. I just want to know what has changed for Thiefs since I have been gone…

I feel like I don’t know how to play anymore, pvp or pve

in Thief

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Not really anything that significant has changed, you can still play the same way as you did before.

in Thief

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Thieves are still overpowered the same way they used to be, because anet doesnt care, go have some fun.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

people on forums are still overly negative and give their baseless opinions with out any bit of proof.

So nothing new.

As far as in game there has been a buff to venoms so that they don’t lose a charge when you “miss”

They are still working on the culling

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Nothing significant has changed about Thieves.

However you will notice fairly quickly that a lot of the other classes aren’t easy pickings anymore as various durable builds have become increasingly popular.

Most noticeable with Elementalists and Rangers.

in Thief

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Not really anything that significant has changed

What.

We got like 50 nerfs in these 4 months.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Pistols are still worthless, we are still being complained about despite being the worst class in PvE.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I am curious. what are the 50 nerfs in wvw that happened?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I am curious. what are the 50 nerfs in wvw that happened?

Power signet changed
50% damage nerf to dancing dagger
Heartseeker damage tables adjusted

A few others I may have left out affecting D/D and S/D.

More nerfs if you include sPvP

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Columba.9730

HS wasn’t adjusted in wvw, though.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Yes it was. C&D wasn’t. Basilisk venom was essentially changed to a 1.5 second stun and pistol whip also ate a 15% damage nerf.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Columba.9730

I think it was a minor adjustment.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

We got a lot of nerfs to our damage skills…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

20% damage nerf off of the top range + an adjustment from a 66-33% range to a 50-25% is not a minor change.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Thieves are still OP as ever. Before anyone rages about what I’ve just said, I main a thief. We shouldn’t be able to 1v3+ groups of people and escape from large zergs like we do.

20% damage nerf off of the top range + an adjustment from a 66-33% range to a 50-25% is not a minor change.

In the grand scheme of things, yes, that is pretty minor. Personally, I’d make the adjustment so that heartseeker would only start doing bonus damage after someone is at 25% health and do its maximum damage after a person is below 10% health rather than 25% health. That, or keep it the way it is now but put a cooldown on the ability. As it is, its way to easy to heartseeker spam your way to victory.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

That’s not minor change, its just not as big as you want. As for being able to take on 1v3, bunker guardians, eles, and engis can do it too. As for escaping, AN said the thief is a class that’s supposed to be hard to catch.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Kravick.4906

That’s not minor change, its just not as big as you want. As for being able to take on 1v3, bunker guardians, eles, and engis can do it too. As for escaping, AN said the thief is a class that’s supposed to be hard to catch.

The change did very little to stop thieves from heartseeker spamming their way to victory. Yes, it is very minor since the nerf didn’t stop thieves from continuing to use heartseeker as they did before.

Bunker guardians, eles, and engies can survive 1v3, but I don’t see them killing the entire group like we can. Especially not engineers or guardians. The ele might down one person, but they’d have to run away before they could finish them in a 1v3.

AN also said that people are supposed to have a hard time escaping from necromancers, but we all know thats not the case with any class vs necromancers. AN says a lot of things. Doesn’t make it true or right. AN has a history of not knowing what the hell they’re doing when it comes to class balance. Especially with GW1.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Necros need a buff, like more grab/control skills. Right now they seem to have a lack of build diversity. Eles can down more than 1 person easily. Guardians may not be able to kill people in a 1 v 3, but add in a teammate and they provide more than enough support to really turn the tide on a 2v3 or a 2v4.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Lofat.2406

Lofat.2406

In the grand scheme of things, yes, that is pretty minor. Personally, I’d make the adjustment so that heartseeker would only start doing bonus damage after someone is at 25% health and do its maximum damage after a person is below 10% health rather than 25% health. That, or keep it the way it is now but put a cooldown on the ability. As it is, its way to easy to heartseeker spam your way to victory.

Only do max damage after a person is below 10%? That’s just ridiculous. So an average person with 20k health at 10% would have 2,000 health. So your saying heartseekers max damage should never really exceed 2k based on a 20k health pool.

Can’t put a cooldown on a wep ability for thieves, we go off initiative. One or the other, not both.

If someone lets a thief heartseeker them to death then they should die.

Is it spammable? Yes
Is it a cheap way to fight? Yes
Is it avoidable? Yes
Can it be evaded? Yes
Can you stun, immobilize, CC? Probably Yes

P Sutton – 80 Warrior
Ferg Crossing

in Thief

Kravick.4906

Necros need a buff, like more grab/control skills. Right now they seem to have a lack of build diversity. Eles can down more than 1 person easily. Guardians may not be able to kill people in a 1 v 3, but add in a teammate and they provide more than enough support to really turn the tide on a 2v3 or a 2v4.

We’re talking about one person soloing multiple people here, which should never happen unless you’re fighting a bunch of up leveled players. Adding a teammate changes things significantly and is not what we’re discussing.

A bunker ele does not down people “easily”. It requires effort on their part. Bunker builds lack damage output.

Only do max damage after a person is below 10%? That’s just ridiculous. So an average person with 20k health at 10% would have 2,000 health. So your saying heartseekers max damage should never really exceed 2k based on a 20k health pool.

Can’t put a cooldown on a wep ability for thieves, we go off initiative. One or the other, not both.

Is it spammable? Yes
Is it avoidable? Yes
Can it be evaded? Yes

I disagree with all of these points. The balancing is seriously out of whack with this class. I don’t say this as someone who fights against thieves. I say this AS a thief. I should not be able to do what we can do against multiple foes. There is a reason so many people are complaining about us.

Heartseeker was designed to be a sort of execute skill. Everyone should be familiar with what Execute did in the game that should not be mentioned. Imagine if that skill worked at 25% instead of 10%. Now imagine it being spammable. Now also imagine that every time you used it, it automatically jumped you next to your target regardless of positioning. Now imagine that ability in the hands of that games thief class. Now imagine the outcry. Would be a lot like it is in this game, don’t you think?

Heartseeker is just way to easy to spam to victory with. I’ve done it. You’ve done it. Denying it doesn’t change the fact its so ridiculously effective. It needs its damaged toned down or a cool down added. As it is right now, its OP as all hell. It simply does to much. Especially for a paltry 3 initiative.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Thief

Columba.9730

We’re talking about one person soloing multiple people here, which should never happen unless you’re fighting a bunch of up leveled players. Adding a teammate changes things significantly and is not what we’re discussing.

A bunker ele does not down people “easily”. It requires effort on their part. Bunker builds lack damage output.

Is it spammable? Yes
Is it avoidable? Yes
Can it be evaded? Yes

I disagree with all of these points. The balancing is seriously out of whack with this class. I don’t say this as someone who fights against thieves. I say this AS a thief. I should not be able to do what we can do against multiple foes. There is a reason so many people are complaining about us.

Heartseeker was designed to be a sort of execute skill. Everyone should be familiar with what Execute did in the game that should not be mentioned. Imagine if that skill worked at 25% instead of 10%. Now imagine it being spammable. Now also imagine that every time you used it, it automatically jumped you next to your target regardless of positioning. Now imagine that ability in the hands of that games thief class. Now imagine the outcry. Would be a lot like it is in this game, don’t you think?

Heartseeker is just way to easy to spam to victory with. I’ve done it. You’ve done it. Denying it doesn’t change the fact its so ridiculously effective. It needs its damaged towned down or a cool down added. As it is right now, its OP as all hell. It simply does to much. Especially for a paltry 3 initiative.

this guy knows the truth. I agree with you 100% and I’ve played thieves.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Is it spammable? Yes
Is it avoidable? Yes
Can it be evaded? Yes

Heartseeker is just way to easy to spam to victory with. I’ve done it. You’ve done it. Denying it doesn’t change the fact its so ridiculously effective. It needs its damaged towned down or a cool down added. As it is right now, its OP as all hell. It simply does to much. Especially for a paltry 3 initiative.

this guy knows the truth. I agree with you 100% and I’ve played thieves.

He knows what he’s experienced, and I’ve experienced the opposite. A thief can last against 5 decent people or can fall to 1 who knows what they’re doing.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

I just picked GW2 back up, now that I have finished school and I have a week off. I just want to know what has changed for Thiefs since I have been gone…

I feel like I don’t know how to play anymore, pvp or pve

Nothing new, ppl are still crying like a small children on forum how is thief op. Its still same. Nothing new.

in Thief

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Not really anything that significant has changed

What.

We got like 50 nerfs in these 4 months.

You can still play the same way you did at launch and do fine. Nerfs don’t stop you from playing the same way, they just make it more challenging.

in Thief

Posted by: Hospis.4607

Hospis.4607

More people playing thieves since they are so blatantly OP and Anet refuses to balance them. Good time to roll thief as aoe in general and bunker eles going to get nerfed.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Is it spammable? Yes
Is it avoidable? Yes
Can it be evaded? Yes

Heartseeker is just way to easy to spam to victory with. I’ve done it. You’ve done it. Denying it doesn’t change the fact its so ridiculously effective. It needs its damaged toned down or a cool down added. As it is right now, its OP as all hell. It simply does to much. Especially for a paltry 3 initiative.

Strangelly I have never been able to spam my way to victory with heartseeker. Teach me 222222 master. Thief w/o initiative and out of stealth for too long = dead thief, every good thief will tell u that. As for heartseeker damage – no good thief depends on it and no good player will die to it in a fair fight, if u do u are simply bad. HS works as intended – as a gap closer and execution tool when target drops rly low ( 25 %), if you allow yourself to let yourself to waste that 3 initiative, even then backstab is a better choise. Every single of hasted HS spamming thief is a joke and a newbie that copy/pasted their gameplay from youtube.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)