Yes. Can we?

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

(edited by Imagi.4561)

Been playing a thief since day 1

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Lol crap my thief looks like a noob since I always played WvW which isn’t profitable at all but sure. Only thing that identifies my skill is my liadri mini! The gladiator title is decent too, but I’ve only recently been messing with sPvP.

http://i.imgur.com/3uFbifz.jpg

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: bellkb.9821

bellkb.9821

Ive been wanting to create a thief but I heard that they are a pain to level in PVE. Is this true? Obviously there going to be a little squishy but some people make it seem impossible. Also what build and weapons would you suggest for leveling a thief in PVE, which traits to get first and what is a good build for sPvP?
Thanks!

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Ive been wanting to create a thief but I heard that they are a pain to level in PVE. Is this true? Obviously there going to be a little squishy but some people make it seem impossible. Also what build and weapons would you suggest for leveling a thief in PVE, which traits to get first and what is a good build for sPvP?
Thanks!

That’s what I thought, but after i killed Liadri solo I think the thief isn’t that bad at PvE at all. I use S/P and shortbow/P/P with signet of malice and blood sigils (for PvE) and fairly balanced stats and think she’s a blast to play.

With the build I used to down liadri (S/P + P/P) I was also able to kill all the other bosses in 1-2 tries max, most of them I could 1 shot (swap fleet of foot for quick recovery).

For sPvP I don’t really recommend thief atm. Better off with condi bunker warrior.

For PvE, I’d go with some mix of PVT, Valkyrie, and Berserker stats. Try to extract more of your offensive stats from the accessories it’s more efficient.

Weapons, I’d say S/P + (P/P or shortbow depending on single or multi). You can use my liadri build. Has my equip, skills, traits, and demo playstyle.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Liadra-guide-for-non-zerk-direct-damage/first

Some good skills for PvE to swap in for group play (depending on situation, don’t need to swap if don’t need) are shadow refuge, smoke screen, shadow step, and dagger storm.

The foods I use currently are Koi cake (for WvW but I don’t use this PvE build) and slices of candied dragon roll (for PvE)

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

For leveling, there are two methods that work well and make leveling as a thief very easy. Sword/Pistol with power gear can kill multiple mobs quickly, and you stay safe as long as you keep a blinding field down. Often times you wont take any damage at all if the enemies are melee.

The second option and the one that I used, is to go dagger/dagger and spec for initiative regen.. mostly acrobatics/trickery. You spam death blossom on your target, and use caltrops utility skill for more AE bleeding. With this combat method you can kill 5-6 enemies at once if you round them up, and barely take any damage.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

kittens or gtfo :3

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

For leveling, there are two methods that work well and make leveling as a thief very easy. Sword/Pistol with power gear can kill multiple mobs quickly, and you stay safe as long as you keep a blinding field down. Often times you wont take any damage at all if the enemies are melee.

The second option and the one that I used, is to go dagger/dagger and spec for initiative regen.. mostly acrobatics/trickery. You spam death blossom on your target, and use caltrops utility skill for more AE bleeding. With this combat method you can kill 5-6 enemies at once if you round them up, and barely take any damage.

yes condi builds work great at lower levels but as you level and get more than 1 stat on your armor power builds start to pull ahead and when u get 3 stats condi builds are left in the dust