Being forced to go full glass cannon.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Any one concerned about the new changes regarding gear and traits?

I’m one who still runs full berserker stats on gear. But I had shadow arts to add a bit of survival with its support stats.

Now that’s going away, I’m left with my full ascended, berserker gear leaving me as a pure glass cannon now.

Any one have this concern and any one think this may not be a down side if our elite specialization focuses on range DPS?

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Anet’s vision seems to be to make Thief a +1er only class when it comes to pvp.

in Thief

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We’re supposedly getting the ability to change stats on our ascended gear. Since we can take hidden killer and executioner together, i dont really see the need for full zerk any more. I’ll def be changing the stats on some of my gear to valk or maybe cavalier. Depends on how much the stats will change afterwards anyway.

in Thief

Posted by: John Chambers.1059

John Chambers.1059

Any one have this concern and any one think this may not be a down side if our elite specialization focuses on range DPS?

I’m so excited, 50 bucks for see the screen to recover traits removed from core game, to enlarge my Pistol shot range, and to have again my bouncing bullets.

And Hot will be released in…. Ok so we lose an entire weapon set efficiency and we will recover it … soon… someday… ETA still not announced.

There are a lot of genius these days in Anet Team.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Well then make 1 or 2 pieces of Soldier or change your trinkets.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Concerned? I love the change. Your stats will no longer be tied to traits you want to play, you can go as glassy as you want or get some defence in. With the possibility to change stats on asc armour/weps, this is a super good change.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Would be far better if they weren’t lazy and added a window that let us put previous trait related stat points into stats, otherwise in spvp this change is attrocious.

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

I actually like how they split up traits from stats. This way you can actually tailor your setup to your needs even better!

A free or reduced cost window would be nice. But the method seems affordable enough!

Puz – TDA

in Thief

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Come on, you got invigorating precision and executioner now. If you die with this as berserker, you really need to practice.

in Thief

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

isit just me or many of thieves are blind? i mean.. okey Shadow Arts isnt a very fun to play line.. but now that we are able to have full 3 lines.. u considered DA + SA + Trickery? take a closer look at SA tree. i’ve been runnin 20606 for quite awhile now. and now ill be able to run 60606 (in old terms).. thats quite beast. and nope, not a glass. far from glass. but ye even metas will be so deadly u shoulnt die. its like old 26006 but gonna be 66006. that kind of glass build should destroy any1. and if u wont be able to do that.. just go my fav build 60606. its awesome for support. its awesome for survival. its awesome for burst. anyway.. all i see is buffs buffs buffs. cant wait for new traits ^^

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Come on, you got invigorating precision and executioner now. If you die with this as berserker, you really need to practice.

That’s totally going to keep you alive when you can only take one hit.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Questions of balance occur when some classes are offered a bevy of choices that would improve atrributes via traits while some only get one choice.

As example not only does a warrior start off with what in essence is 800 more vitality but they are able to , through traits , add to ferocity , power , toughness , precision ,condition damage and vitality.

A theif can get ferocity and a very limited amount of extra power (revealed training). Now obviously the warrior can not do this all at once but they CAN play makeup for a lot of attributes lacking via traits whereas the thief will have only the gear.

For this reason I am very reluctant to consider a power build that ignores the CS line as it would seem the ferocity from it our only real advantage in that regard. The theif will also have to be much more creative in gear selction. I really doubt we will see as many all zerker builds.

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

then don’t wear all zerker gear wtf

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Any one concerned about the new changes regarding gear and traits?

I’m one who still runs full berserker stats on gear. But I had shadow arts to add a bit of survival with its support stats.

Now that’s going away, I’m left with my full ascended, berserker gear leaving me as a pure glass cannon now.

Let’s see what all I’ve lost:

Raw Stats (Berserker armor, Assassin trinkets):

• -3,000 HP (Acrobatics 6)
  • -7% Precision to Vitality (-4,248 HP total; -3508 HP after adjustment)
  • -300 Precision (+111 after adjustment) (Critical Strikes 6)
  • -300 Ferocity (-141 after adjustment) (Critical Strikes 6)
  • -30% Boon Duration (Acrobatics 6)

Traits:

• Crits no longer restore Initiative (Opportunist)
  • No longer get +10% damage with Initiative over 6 (First Strikes)
  • Lose ~20% additional damage potential by to Invigorating Precision (GM; conflict with Unrelenting Strikes)
  • Lose swiftness for 26s on kill (Assassin’s Retreat)
  • -1/2 second of swiftness on Dodge (Expeditious Dodger)
  • No longer get flat +15 Endurance on Dodge (Feline Grace)
  • No longer get +10% damage when <100% Endurance (Fluid Strikes)

And that’s only for a Critical Strikes / Acrobatics build.

kitten it all, we’re not just being turned into glass cannons, half of our actual damage potential is being stripped away as well. And that’s to say nothing about builds that relied on Pistols + Ricochet, the Potent Poison vs. Executioner conflict in Deadly Arts, Cloaked in Shadow went from Adept to Grandmaster in Shadow Arts, and gaining stealth no longer grants 15s of Might (Hidden Assassin).

Or how Resilience of Shadows got nerfed from 50% to 25% damage reduction while in Stealth, and Assassin’s Equilibrium is gone too, so there goes our only source of reusable Stability (since Dagger Storm is kind of a joke).

Compared to everyone but warrior (who really didn’t change, wow), we got completely nerfed across the board.

But hey, if I use Unrelenting Strikes and Superior Runes of Rage, I can achieve 100% Fury up-time and a semblance of the same power I had before the overhaul, albeit with none of the sustainability!

No, I’m really not pleased with how this has come to be.

Edit note: I forgot to compensate for the +74 Vitality received by bringing base stats from 926 up to 1000

(edited by fluffdragon.1523)

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Though I suppose I could just get Executioner (Deadly Arts GM), Invigorating Precision (Critical Strikes GM), and Lead Attacks + Preparedness (Master, Adept minor traits on Trickery, respectively) to get back most of the damage loss, run Eagle runes to smooth out the rest, and hope Dagger Training (Deadly Arts Adept) procs often enough for Exposed Weakness (Deadly Arts minor Master) to grant that final +10%.

You know, because forget actually having a cohesive build or diversity when we can focus it around the most non-synergetic means of DPS stacking conceivable.

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Totally agreed.

Anet force us to go full glass cannon and they totally ruined the build diversity.

I wouldnt cry about anything BUT that shadow embrace nerf is way too huge for us when we are even more squishy now after the patch. and People says we can invest into both SA and Acro but thats just not a good idea sacrificing lot of burst/dps potential and that SA + Acro lines are not even sub par like before not worth taking it.