Berserker Thief

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tirshek.9563

Tirshek.9563

Hello, i would like to know what sigil’s should i use on my weapons, i’m a full berserker and i need to know what to use on my D/D and my Short Bow.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

um… bloodlust, force and fire?

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tirshek.9563

Tirshek.9563

um… bloodlust, force and fire?

Bloodlust for SB?

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

IMO
D/D ( Force/Air) SB- Bloodlust

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

D/D (Force/Air or Fire)
SB (Energy or Fire)

2 extra weapons Sword/X is best, rares will work fine: Bloodlust.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Veseis.4915

Veseis.4915

Hey, sorry for the noob question:

Does it matter which sigil goes on main hand/offhand? Will the +5% damage still apply if it’s on my offhand dagger, and will the +30% chance to proc lightning strike still apply to my hits? Or is there a specific reason why Force goes on main hand and air goes on offhand?

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

Get yourself at least 3 daggers – Bloodlust, Force and Fire. Start out with Bloodlust as one of your daggers and once you have built up 25 stacks, swap it out with the remaining dagger. If you want to take it even further, get a Night dagger too to use, well, at night. For variety, get an Air one as well but note that you cannot combine it with Fire as only one of the two will proc, usually the main hand one.

Hmm? I wonder – if I wield two Bloodlust weapons, will I get to 25 stacks in half the time?

(edited by BojacDR.2104)

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Hey, sorry for the noob question:

Does it matter which sigil goes on main hand/offhand? Will the +5% damage still apply if it’s on my offhand dagger, and will the +30% chance to proc lightning strike still apply to my hits? Or is there a specific reason why Force goes on main hand and air goes on offhand?

As far as I am aware the sigils effect all weapon skills, so if you put force on your off-hand weapon all attacks will gain +5% damage. But someone else may know for sure.

With regards to which sigils to use, I personally use air + force on my Dagger Pistol set and Bloodlust on Shortbow. Because DP is single target air does slightly more damage than fire, but if you are using DD, you may want to take fire for the extra AoE.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Putting a sigil in your main hand or off hand makes no difference. You should use Air/Bloodlust. You can also buy a 3rd dagger for force (swap out for at 25 bloodlust stacks.) Fire for shortbow.

Don’t use sigil of fire on a dagger. Dagger is purely single target damage, so you want to focus your damage on single targets.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

You may want a bloodlust weapon but only in combination with an alternative to switch to when fully stacked with bloodlust.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Berengar.6951

Hmm? I wonder – if I wield two Bloodlust weapons, will I get to 25 stacks in half the time?

Yes, 13 kills instead of 25 for full stacks.

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

Nice. I guess I will be buying another Bloodlust weapon. Thanks!

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Rin.1046

Really? I thought same type sigils didn’t stack. So for example you could not have 2 sigils of force to get +10% damage. Or have I got that wrong?

Simplicity is complex.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Berengar.6951

Most sigils that are the same don’t stack, but on kill stacking ones do

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Rin.1046

Most sigils that are the same don’t stack, but on kill stacking ones do

Cool, I didn’t realise that. Thanks. I might get myself another bloodlust weapon to stack them faster in that case

Simplicity is complex.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Don’t use sigil of fire on a dagger. Dagger is purely single target damage, so you want to focus your damage on single targets.

Exactly. Use Air instead. I use Fire on my sword.

[Yay]

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Berengar.6951

Exactly. Use Air instead. I use Fire on my sword.

Air only does a little more damage and if you’re fighting a 1vX the AoE can help wear the one that isn’t your target down.

To be honest though I mostly use fire on my dagger because I have Incinerator :P

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: VydoLL.8714

VydoLL.8714

Get yourself at least 3 daggers – Bloodlust, Force and Fire. Start out with Bloodlust as one of your daggers and once you have built up 25 stacks, swap it out with the remaining dagger.

its working in sPvP?

edit: answer is YES

(edited by VydoLL.8714)

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Putting a sigil in your main hand or off hand makes no difference. You should use Air/Bloodlust. You can also buy a 3rd dagger for force (swap out for at 25 bloodlust stacks.) Fire for shortbow.

Sigil of Air deals like 200 more damage than Fire tops. Fire is always better.

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Really? I thought same type sigils didn’t stack. So for example you could not have 2 sigils of force to get +10% damage. Or have I got that wrong?

It doesn’t give you 50 stacks… which would be 2x the effect like 2 force would be 10% if they worked that way, it just gives you the 25 stacks faster.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Sigil of Air deals like 200 more damage than Fire tops. Fire is always better.

Dagger is single target damage weapon. If you want AoE damage there are far better options. Air does not hit for “200 more max”.

Assuming 100 dmg difference:
Air: 1100
Fire: 1000

Crit with 118% crit dmg (What I have)
Air: 2,680
Fire: 2,160

500 damage difference. Not much by itself but it gets better as it procs more and more during the fight. Air also has the advantage of being very cheap. 30s last time i checked.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

Berserker Thief

in Thief

Berengar.6951

sigils can’t crit

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz