Best Roaming Thief in Tournament (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Hid.7890

Hid.7890

Our tournament team has tactics specific to each map, and strict coordination in mumble. On top of this, I find weaknesses in the enemy team based on their player split, and cap any nodes they left due to committing to take one of our nodes. Typically we do a 1 – 4 split (1 player on the side node, 4 in the middle), and I’m the roamer. My role is crucial to the outcome of the game, ensuring that both of our nodes always have the cluster bomb ranged support, resurrections, and single target finisher DPS required. If the enemy team over commits by rushing all 5 players to one node, I will quickly break off and cap their exposed node. My spec has the ability to solo nearly every profession 1v1, but also put out massive game-changing damage in team fights. While I typically can’t hold the nodes I cap as well as a bunker class, my character is literally the fastest of any profession in the game at this moment, so I will always win the race to open nodes, or our nodes that get ambushed.

My updated spec is posted here:
http://www.Pveistoohard.com/traits

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

What runes do you run with?

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Listen up, all you prospective pvp video makers: THIS is the kind of fighting we want to see. I don’t care about your crit highlight reel. Show us clean, smooth, long cuts of you fighting, even if you occasionally get downed or killed. Skip past the rez timer and fast forward the parts of you running between points, with minimal text to point out what you were doing/thinking. No stupid moviemaker special effects either!

Nice work, Hid. I enjoyed it. You kept you calm and showed some serious awareness of the battlefield and good supporting fire. That part at 7 minutes where you shadow refuge and call for backup, but stayed out of the capture ring so the enemy didn’t know you were still there: excellent!

in Thief

Hid.7890

Runes of the Pack for the precision and power. Thanks seraph, I’m glad you liked it ^.^ I’ll try to make more just like this with some newer tourney footage.

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Garlic Sensei.4103

Garlic Sensei.4103

No exploits here, just real talent. impressive.

in Thief

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

I use exactly your tactics, but yeah you are really a good player, i use the same traits changed only for side strike.

I have to try rune of the pack btw.

in Thief

Posted by: Upzia.3041

Upzia.3041

Since we’re linking clean videos I thought I’d link my first recorded game ever just to chime in. Ts etc. on it, nothing special.

Pretty much the same job as OP

(edited by Upzia.3041)

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Maybe its just me, but I really think tournament videos are meaningless without VoIP voice overs.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

you can’t be the best with a thief because of its low skill cap in other words alot of people have mastered thief.

in Thief

Hid.7890

Maybe its just me, but I really think tournament videos are meaningless without VoIP voice overs.

I could post this same video with our VoIP if you like. You’ll be able to hear all of us talking, but the sound quality probably won’t be that great. Also as far as the skill cap goes, I fully agree. What would set me apart from other thieves is knowing how to counter other professions, but most importantly my tactics and coordination I provide for the team. It’s simple to use thief perfectly since there are only 16 abilities, but I’m always where I need to be to support my teammates, win fights, and cap open nodes.

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Runes of the Pack for the precision and power. Thanks seraph, I’m glad you liked it ^.^ I’ll try to make more just like this with some newer tourney footage.

Just to let you know that those runes will only give you 115 power, not 165, its bugged.

Adapt or die. I never die.

in Thief

Hid.7890

Just to let you know that those runes will only give you 115 power, not 165, its bugged.

Ah kk, thx. I never noticed. I also use runes of the Ogre sometimes when I’m not using the Pack.

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: jukd.5679

jukd.5679

yea so you beat some pugs grats? You were never focused and allowed to free fire in the first clip so no true talent there, not to mention toward the end of the first clip you had your steal off cd but choose to HS 20feet toward a guardian instead of steal CnD. Okay fights on the last two clips, but again vs pugs, any real team will target you everytime your not in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

Listen up, all you prospective pvp video makers: THIS is the kind of fighting we want to see. I don’t care about your crit highlight reel. Show us clean, smooth, long cuts of you fighting, even if you occasionally get downed or killed. Skip past the rez timer and fast forward the parts of you running between points, with minimal text to point out what you were doing/thinking. No stupid moviemaker special effects either!

Nice work, Hid. I enjoyed it. You kept you calm and showed some serious awareness of the battlefield and good supporting fire. That part at 7 minutes where you shadow refuge and call for backup, but stayed out of the capture ring so the enemy didn’t know you were still there: excellent!

If you wanna watch pvp videos with minimal/no editing Eliteseraph you should watch the videos on my channel. all my videos are unedited start to finish pvp matches. Some are tourny matches others spvp ones and its all recorded with in game sound, no cheesy background music, tourny matches contain our mumble comms as well.

www.youtube.com/user/Ormigarbm

no glass cannon builds here either so you wont see me running base health sub 2200 armor builds

(edited by Ormiga.6183)

in Thief

Posted by: Warlock.2461

Warlock.2461

Enjoyed this vid. Thanks for posting.

As far as vids, go, I think Taugrim’s vids are the best kind. He includes the long cuts of fighting, but, instead of music or vent/mumble, he goes back and narrates. It’s very helpful to understand what the player is doing and why. However, doing that adds a lot of extra work, so if you don’t have the time, I think this type (long clips with getting downed, etc.) is still very good.

in Thief

Hid.7890

yea so you beat some pugs grats? You were never focused and allowed to free fire in the first clip so no true talent there, not to mention toward the end of the first clip you had your steal off cd but choose to HS 20feet toward a guardian instead of steal CnD. Okay fights on the last two clips, but again vs pugs, any real team will target you everytime your not in stealth.

Theres not 1 second of pug footage in this whole video. We focused fire the entire match and were strictly coordinated in mumble. I probably didn’t want to steal from the Guardian, b/c the 4 second interrupt is a lot less effective than other abilities you can get from different professions for teamfights. Your argument is completely invalid since there’s no pug footage here though :P

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

jukd.5679

Theres not 1 second of pug footage in this whole video. We focused fire the entire match and were strictly coordinated in mumble. I probably didn’t want to steal from the Guardian, b/c the 4 second interrupt is a lot less effective than other abilities you can get from different professions for teamfights. Your argument is completely invalid since there’s no pug footage here though :P

Maybe i wasn’t clear, YOU WERE FIGHTING PUGS. With that said, you could of been coordinating your attacks in mumble, but so does every team. Show clips of actual teams/guilds next time. I wont even touch your comment about the guardian.

in Thief

Hid.7890

All of the people on my team in this video are in my guild lol, idk what more you expect. Won’t touch my comment about the guardian? What part of the video are you talking about where i “should have stolen from the guardian” that really would have changed the outcome of the fight?

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Auron.2657

Auron.2657

Good video bro, ignore the haters.

Best Thief EU.
New Video Coming Soon.
youtube.com/AuronGW2

in Thief

jukd.5679

do you really not understand? your Team is fighting PUG Teams.

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

If you wanna watch pvp videos with minimal/no editing Eliteseraph you should watch the videos on my channel. all my videos are unedited start to finish pvp matches. Some are tourny matches others spvp ones and its all recorded with in game sound, no cheesy background music, tourny matches contain our mumble comms as well.

It was more of a statement about people posting crap vids of them blowing up randoms or ganking in WvW. Anyone with any class can do that and make a cut of all the times they succeeded.

It’s just refreshing to see REAL play.

do you really not understand? your Team is fighting PUG Teams.

Who they’re up against doesn’t detract from the skills shown in the video. Coordination certainly helps the non-PUG team win the match, but several of those games shown in the video had pretty close scores. Generally speaking, even some PUGs have exceptional skills and can coordinate well on the fly. Simply having voice chat and a premade group does not guarantee victory, nor does being in a PUG automatically make you a worse player.

in Thief

Hid.7890

Yep, just b/c they aren’t all representing the same guild doesn’t make them a pug group at all. Sometimes people in my premades who are in my guild forget to rep mine in tourney, but other teams can tell we arn’t pug :P

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Payneful.7934

Payneful.7934

Is your team EU, because I’ve never seen you guys in tournaments.

Payne [PTC] Thief
Pancakes To Celebrate

in Thief

Hid.7890

Nope, US. Whats your guilds name?

GM of Pve is too hard

in Thief

Posted by: Payneful.7934

Payneful.7934

Pancakes to Celebrate

Payne [PTC] Thief
Pancakes To Celebrate

in Thief

Hid.7890

Feel free to add me in game. My thiefs name is Hid Shanks. I’ll hop in some sPvP with you and we can do some 1v1’s, and perhaps even some tourneys ^.^

GM of Pve is too hard