Best and Worst Stolen Bundles?

in Thief

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

I’m just curious to what the community’s opinion is on stolen bundles! This has nothing to do with who you enjoy fighting the most, just their bundles!

My least favorite: it’s a toss up between the ranger and engie’s stolen item. Both form combo fields I don’t want. I primarily play S/D, so I can’t really use the Combo fields, but when I play as D/P, I want my smoke fields, not a water or ethereal field!

My favorite: Guardian
I feel like this one is a bit odd. But, my favorite way to play S/D is the daze spam, which really kittenes people off (and I love it!). So, more daze is always good! And it’s a freakishly long daze, to boot!

So, what are your favorites/ most hated bundles?

in Thief

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

engineer gunk.

Great when you immbolize with #2 Sword, or if you run panic strike. drop that… boom

worst…. elemental ice shard. I mean nit can crit nice… but I don’t need another burst skill…

(edited by Michael.9517)

in Thief

Axyl.9408

How much does the Gunk tick for per second? And is it 1 condition per second?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

My favorite is the Mesmer glob of ecto…

Gunk is pretty good.

Ice shard from ele or warrior whirl wind could be bottom 2 for me.

Just depends on the situation. They are both highly situational skills that usually don’t work well against the class u stole it from…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I usually hate the engineer bundle on a power build, but love it on a condi build.

The ranger one is awesome against condi rangers specifically. That condition clear is amazing.

Necro fear is pretty good.

Mesmer CP is of my favorite.

Guard one I usually save for non-guards (expect QQ from this though).

Warrior one is especially great if you time it to reflect pin down.

Ice shard is usually the death of eles if you wait for them to rotate out of water.

Thieves are pretty decent cause stealth.

Tldr:

Least:Gunk
Most:Consume Plasma

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

IMHO, all the stolen bundles are nice. You just have to recognize when and in what situation to take maximum benefit from the stolen loots.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Least:Gunk
Most:Consume Plasma

Those are mine also, even if I like the idea of the twirling axes but to get the full effect in open pvp I have to be a big twirling target for what feels like forever, or I just biff it and it goes wrong in every way. The gunk is my least mostly because I’d get it so much leveling up that it’s just another thing to throw around. I feel like Popey however when he finally gets to down a can of spinach when I Consume Plasma.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

IMHO, all the stolen bundles are nice. You just have to recognize when and in what situation to take maximum benefit from the stolen loots.

^This, wish we had F2 to slot one and save for later.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Axyl.9408

Truth is, I feel dirty when I take a gulp of plasma in a 1v1. Thieves already do enough damage to meanders, without insult to injury!

Being able to save bundle would be amazing, however, I feel that would be way too overpowered! Even if you did prevent using 2 bundles back to back.

in Thief

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

warriors bundle reflects? never noticed :p
warriors is great when im power build or cele
guard bundle i love when im using s/d cc is awesome
ele, naw give us fire please
engi is great when running condi or if i have a sb out (cluster bomb)
i love stealing on thieves 1v1 for extra stealth
rangers is great when im low health and have sb out or drop sf over it
mesmers steal makes me feel like i took a snort of white powder ^_-

soooo
fave is mesmers
least is ele

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Least favorite: Engi – because its hard for me to get my opponent to stand in it long enough for it to be worth anything.

Most favorite: Ranger – because its a water field for quite a long time, and if I have dagger in main hand, heartseeker leap finishers all day for 2k heals each! Same for shortbow blast finishers!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

Best: Eat Egg — 6 ini!
Worst: Tooth Stab — Seriously? 1 Stack of bleed? I dont care how long it lasts. that will get cleansed, or maybe not. 2k damage over 1 minute!? Just wait it out.

Kole —Thief
youtube

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Consume Plasma> Blinding Turf>Fear Skull> Whirl Wind> Healing Seed> Mace Crack>Ice Shard> kitten Gunk(Give me smoke bomb)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Whirling axe is my most fav bundle, but not as much vs warriors as rangers or thieves. You might use it against warr inside black powder but otherwise it’s like asking to be killed. So usually I throw it away when fighting a warr and save it after a fight for reflects and the dmg it deals to squishier enemies. Cast basi and when thief uses SR, spin for the win in his refuge. Really nice in team fights vs pugs.

2nd on my fav list is the water field from ranger, especially vs condi ranger. Warning – use of this bundle promotes HS spam :P

The least fav skill I can steal from another player is consume plasma, while it’s really good, it’s also the most boring bundle ever. Even engi gunk is more fun to use, at least I can roast my enemy in a puddle of filth.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Hands down best is necro. That fear is so amazing when you are 1/2v5+Ing at hills cats spot, In a tower (set walkway up comes to mind ) and that teen spot at NEC. There are other places it is useful, as well as goo for setting up a BS.
The other good ones are dependent on build. Gunk is mediocre with dagger mainland because of the reveal. With s/d, it is one of the best. Warrior skill when fighting outnumbered is rest because it puts up decent melee damage as well as those reflects.
Mesmer and thief skills are solid skills that are always good, but very rarely game changing like the aforementioned.
Guardian skill is also nice though I think it should be unblockable. Sometimes it’s hard to land and the daze seems short, but still very useful when used right.
This brings me to the worst two…ranger and ele. Ranger skill is good mid combat. It can be game changing, but I find it so situational that I can’t consider it a consistently helpful skill. I also think it is fairly worthless vs ranger since they endlessly apply condis or they are power and power rangers are easy 95% of the time. I know some of you may rage at this and tell me to l2p, but these are my opinions and I know I’m a pretty component thief so don’t bother.
Ele ice shard is great when it lands because of the chill and all, but is kinda low damage, unreliable hits, and I would rather just hit them with daggers.

So, in order:
Necro
Engi/warrior
Thief/mesmer
Guard
Ranger
Ele

(edited by oscuro.9720)

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

The worst is probably the ice shard. It can be used effectively but usually it’ll get cleansed by or for the target, making it the stolen skill least likely to be effective.

Healing Seed sees the least use, but it is great when healing and condi cleanse is needed.

Skull Fear is excellent on Khylo mid for getting decaps, and whenever someone goes down to get a head start on a res or stomp. It’s also useful for kiting and getting some free hits in. It’s probably the best one if you judge it as "in an unknown situation, which would you choose to have?".

Consume Plasma is nice, although not as good as it was prior to the change to stability.

Throw Gunk is amazing. It’s strong on downed for extra damage, especially if you’re unable to get close. It’s some nice burst when combined with immobilise on mesmers, thieves, engineers - any class that has difficulty vs. conditions.

Whirling Axes is great for the reflection, but generally it makes you vulnerable. It’s best used on the warrior it was stolen from shortly thereafter, unless there are rangers around and you plan to face one next.

Blinding Tuft gives stealth so is of course awesome. Best utilised vs. the thief it was stolen from, vs. another squishy, or to disengage or sneak a decap.

Mace Skull Crack works brilliantly vs. meditation guardians, other thieves, mesmers, power rangers, necros - basically anything that can be significantly hurt in those 4 seconds; at the very least they’ll blow all their endurance or a stun breaker. It can also be used as an interrupt for res and stomp attempts.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Healing Seed is by far my favorite.
It’s just so kitten versatile.
Got conditions? Pop seed. Low on health? Pop seed and blast/leap. Allies low on health? pop seed and blast.

All the other bundles(besides skull) are rather selfish. The seed can turn the tide of a team fight just by raw sustain.
AND it’s great against the ranger, it’s stolen from. It will either cleanse cripples from a power build or it will cleanse damaging conditions from a condi build. It creates an area, where the ranger can’t 1v1 you and allows you to go ham by just spamming finishers while face tanking damage to see, who will go down first.

If I could permanently swap out a utility skill for a stolen bundle, it’d definitely be the healing seed. Probably Shadow Refuge out, seed in.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Thief

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

For pvp, I’d say the best is the warrior’s whirling axe. It’s a whirl finisher, reflects projectiles, and does a significant amount of damage. The mesmer’s ectoplasm is also really strong.

The worst is probably the engineer’s gunk. While it’s a field that applies random conditions every second, it’s a small aoe that people can easily walk out of and avoid and it lasts too long, meaning you can’t stealth while it’s active or it will reveal you.

For PvE, I’d say the best is either drink for the invulnerability or the stealths. PvE wise, thieves already do enough damage, so utility is the better option.

The worst is definitely tooth stab. It applies a single bleed for 30 seconds. It’s really not good at all.

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

All of the (terrestrial) stolen bundles you get from players are amazing.

A lot of posters in this thread are underestimating how powerful throw gunk is as a downed cleave, ethereal field, and area denial. Even more mind boggling is how anyone can deny how amazing healing seed is: an incredibly long water field that clears conditions on pulse and allows you to abuse your spammable blasts/leaps.

If I had to pick the “worst” one, I’d honestly pick blinding tufts (because it contributes the least team utility IMO), but even then it’s pretty strong. If we include PvE, then tooth stab is by far the worst.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I wouldn’t call any of ‘em “worst.”
Although, the axe twirl tends to be what I use the least … I’m not trying to be a target for that long.
“Best,” IMO is Consume Plasma. That kind of boon coverage, even short-term, on a Thief is freaking brutal.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d like to point out that the skills stolen by the Steal skill are not bundles.

Just in case someone thinks they’re getting improvisation bonus damage from it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

My favourite one is the warrior one, because with high crit chance you have a mini dagger storm that does more damage in a shorter amount of time. I can take down most warriors because of this, and I don’t even spec into stealing.