Best damage food/utility?

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

So what’s the best damage food and utility combo these days? I usually use cheap power food with furious maintenance oils, just fancy a change.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

For food , much depends on the build. For thief power I tend to favor seaweed salad. My thief(s) tends to move around a lot and the 10 percent bonus plus swiftness on kill is more then you get out of just a power food.

For the utility consumable I tend to use a variety>Ie I have a high crit build and use Precision stuff, another uses Furious and my low Crit rate HIGh power thief goes ogre.

I also have a thief with a boon duration build and he favors the dumplings. This for that 20 percent extended boon duration (which helps on fury swiftness and quickness regen and any other boon ) and given it also provides a might source , I think I garner more power from the added might stacks then the 100 most power foods offer.

Theoretically if you swap weapons a lot you can build up 33 +20 +10 boon duration with a sigil of concentration , dumpling and bountiful stones and given I use p/p unload then swap my might off unload lasts over 12 seconds and off the dumplings another 8. It also means regen runs full time if in acro, fury is near always on and swiftness off your dodge in acro or off UC is all but permanent. (this means of course if your runes strength you get 100 percent might durations. Durabilty it a nice fat 82 on all boons)

This also works nice when you steal off a mesmer. (18 seconds protection on a 21 second cooldown just as example)

I would not go boon duration stuff on d/d power or d/p. it works nice on staff or p/p power. (staff with 9 plus seconds quickness rocks)

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Bowl of seaweed salad is a flat 10% increase.
For Budget I suppose the ones which add power or boon duration work.

I use toxic sharpening stones with raids where i know will be successful. Otherwise I use Ogre Sharpening stone as a more budget option

In WvW I find Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew to be more useful

Multiple Class Disorder

in Thief

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Now that we’re talking about food, is there an internal cooldown in On-Crit Foods like Slice of Allspice Cake? And how big is the lifesteal damage-wise, and does it scale based on something?

Wiki came up empty so wondering if anyone knowledgeable is around.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Now that we’re talking about food, is there an internal cooldown in On-Crit Foods like Slice of Allspice Cake? And how big is the lifesteal damage-wise, and does it scale based on something?

Wiki came up empty so wondering if anyone knowledgeable is around.

I can not speak to that one directly but the dumplings appear to have no ICD. Ie I do an unlaod with my psitols and can see 11 or 12 stacks might after a single unload meaning there no cooldown. (most I should see is 10 if the cooldown was 1)

That is probably the best way to test. The channel of the unload is under 2 seconds and there 8 separte attakcs that can crit. If there a cooldown of 1 second you should see 2 steals at most.

Most of the lifetsteals had an ICD of 2.

Another interesting one to use is Ghost pepper popper. Again it depends on the weapon but it a 1 second chill on a 1 second cooldown at night. If on p/p this can keep chill on the enemy pretty well fulltime which allows you a significant mobiliy advantage if you on a high crit build. Again not worth it on a number of sets. These types work best where there multiple attacks that can crit in short order.