Best "wingman" profession for thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

vulnerability is easier to maintain with rangers… 15 stacks on first strike… use remorseless and you get another 15 stacks + 100% crit chance whenever you stealth. which you can do once every 12 seconds or so (unless thief wanna share its stealth too)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Thief

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

I’d say Engi is best wingman. He provides everything you lack (knock backs, heavy condition damage, great sustain healing – you both can bomb in a water field to get 1-100% hp in seconds, condi cleanse – elixir gun for static fights, can bomb fire field or smoke fields together for super might / stealth – coupled with your SR you can stay stealthed very long times.

But most important he can tank damage quite fine (most engis run full toughness + condi – rabid), and setup for your burst while he puts aoe condi pressure, making it easier for you to drop someone without becoming exposed. You have safest stomps via stealth, BoB, several smoke fields etc.

But then again , I run this as S/P with SB, I don’t like the idea of being forced to stealth in order to do meaningful damage, plus lack of cleave damage for WvW roaming skirmishes is meh as well for me. It’s so easy to pull peeps away from the zerg and corner tank them like mobs in dungeons with smoke fields (aoe blind) is really hilarious

in Thief

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

Thief+Mesmer=Best dual ever.

I main with thief and my friend has a mesmer and we pretty much everytime wipe kitten for every other roamers and flip camps in less than a minute with no problem.

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Best support for a thief is a semi DPS guardian with a gs. he just pull everything in you will reck it