Bitfrost or Nevermore for DD?

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

When I first saw the images of nevermore, I thought it may be the one I wanted to work toward for my Dardevil, but after seeing the Guild Chat stream, it doesn’t look quite as good as I think Bitfrost might. Which do you think would better suit DD?

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Do you wanna be girly or manly?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i love the bifrost, but it just doesn’t fit the thief theme (unless you’re going for a bifrost/dreamer double rainbow combo). as for nevermore… it’s a really cool staff, just not for melee. i mean, it’s a freaking twig.

so… i’d say bifrost, if only because it looks like something you could beat people up with, rather than something that would at most scratch their eyes and mildly annoy cattle.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you are not even sure which one you like more, why get a legendary then? There are many other skins, which look good and imo, they suit melee more.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Nevermooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore.

Ugh that staff looked amazing, not so much for melee but in general, where as bifrost looks kinda .. silly.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Both look silly for Thief imo. Nevermore is cool but seems like more of a Druid/Necro staff than Thief.

in Thief

Doggie.3184

i love the bifrost, but it just doesn’t fit the thief theme (unless you’re going for a bifrost/dreamer double rainbow combo). as for nevermore… it’s a really cool staff, just not for melee. i mean, it’s a freaking twig.

so… i’d say bifrost, if only because it looks like something you could beat people up with, rather than something that would at most scratch their eyes and mildly annoy cattle.

But it has high Elemental, Impact, Slash and Puncture damage all in one weapon with all those sturdy branches and shinies. Getting slapped around with it would be painful.

Plus you can sneak up on people and shove a giant stick up their…

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

I already got my dream staff- The Crossing!

Absolute Beauty- i bought it for my necro but will use it on my thief as well. Doesn’t fit he theme but who gives a kitten? It actually glows green and animated realistically when running with it. Matches my majory daggers too if I decide to run a dagger with it. It’s the most dope skin in GW2 under the 200 gold mark. If you insist on Legendary staff go for the Pigeon one

(edited by Cam Ron.4170)

in Thief

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Neither…. I dont think either of them fit as a melee wep. No idea why they released another caster staff when they just implemented 2 melee staff users.

in Thief

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

it’s written Bifrost, not Bitfrost :P. Sup with people and bits?

in Thief

Posted by: Revengeance.8956

Revengeance.8956

But it has high Elemental, Impact, Slash and Puncture damage all in one weapon with all those sturdy branches and shinies. Getting slapped around with it would be painful.

Silly man, you can’t trigger berserker mod with it… it’s useless !

Neither…. I dont think either of them fit as a melee wep. No idea why they released another caster staff when they just implemented 2 melee staff users.

Share your feeling there.

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Neither get the Scythe Skin.

SAB or RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Fulton.4021

Fulton.4021

I will be using the guild pillar one of the few staves at the moment that really looks melee. I look forward to future staff skins though with the expansion.

in Thief

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

If you watch the legendary video where Lindsey uses the nevermore as a melee weapon the thief, the weapon trail looks a little like Twilight/Sunrise trails. She doesn’t get to use it much because mobs are dying so quick (look at around 16min 16), but that blue/black trail looks pretty cool.

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I found that Nevermore looked pretty cool on Thief when they showed it on the legendary stream.

But I’ll go for the Daredevil reward track skin first, and make H.O.P.E

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The daredevil staff is the one n only for melee, visually

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Bifrost has a more pronounced trail, which will add a lot of flair to Vault and look really good. It’s also better looking as a whacking stick, whereas Nevermore’s shape would be clumsy to wield in melee. If you can make its colors work, I think that Bifrost is probably the best for these reasons, though I agree with others that you don’t have to use a legendary with Daredevil.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Bifrost, just to burn the eyes of my ennemies with this blinding white trail. Only issue is that it will burn my eyes too…

Well… better use Nevermore, at least I won’t turn blind.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Silly man, you can’t trigger berserker mod with it… it’s useless !

Share your feeling there.

Of course you could. Thief has high crit chance~ you could run Raven Staff with everything; like this for example.

Attachments:

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

completely unrelated to the subject, but i’ve always hated games that split physical damage like that :P

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

If you watch the legendary video where Lindsey uses the nevermore as a melee weapon the thief, the weapon trail looks a little like Twilight/Sunrise trails. She doesn’t get to use it much because mobs are dying so quick (look at around 16min 16), but that blue/black trail looks pretty cool.

it looks like normal thief trails with a bit of blue, which is exactly what it is :P

plus, you’re still hitting people with a giant twig.

in Thief

Doggie.3184

completely unrelated to the subject, but i’ve always hated games that split physical damage like that :P

Well it’s a real thing IRL though that different damage types exist~ You swing something like the Raven Staff at someone and it’ll be breaking bones and bruising muscle with the Staff’s weighty impact while it’s sharp branches poke all kinds of holes through their body, puncturing organs and drawing out blood and swiping it across their body at the same time will leave all kinds of cuts and gashes, destroying tendon, slicing veins open.. etc While who knows what the bird’s energy will do~ possibly burning their skin off or something. Lotta different beatings to be had in one fowl swoop.

All Bifrost can do is the impact part mostly. It’ll be smacking people around with blunt force. It’s not going to cut or stab things as easily as Nevermore can. So the Caw Caw staff is the deadlier weapon… If you know how to use it. Twirling that thing the same way will take skill. :P Sylvari will be more natural branchy stick masterz though.

I’m also going to be extreme and go ahead and train my Raven to be a bird as terrifying as Pet Shop. As long as it doesn’t turn on me. I’ll just have to teach it to love dogez. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juR7qx1xIF8

in Thief

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

Chaos staff imo.

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Neither because they are both caster staves, What you want is pole staff with decent effects on it. When the dev was using nevermore on thief it just looked weird and very out of place.