Black powder near to useless for stomp

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Yeah this skill is very weak.
The costs are too high now (or the field is too small) and no one, except beginners, stay in this field because the most players moving all the time and dont fight like rooted to the spot.

The same with mobs. Many attack faster than BP can apply blind.

Beside a combo to apply stealth I see no sense in the use of BP anymore.
When I have to decide between BP and PW, I would ever preference PW.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It was broken OP before …

In PvE you could use black powder spam and facetank/autoattack melee mobs of elite or below (or ranged mobs standing right next to them).

In stomping, it was a guaranteed stomp as long as you weren’t range interrupted.

It’s not like ANet took out stealth stomps though (which are arguably worse from a balance perspective).

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Tell that to my 10k HP, medium armor, no protection, no stability, no blocks Thief :o

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

In PvE you could use black powder spam and facetank/autoattack melee mobs of elite or below (or ranged mobs standing right next to them).

So fix it in PvE

In stomping, it was a guaranteed stomp as long as you weren’t range interrupted.

It was a guaranteed stomp on War/Engi/Necro. Ranger/Guard with a modicum of skill could time around the pulses, Ele/Thief/Mes didn’t care about it. Please have some idea what you’re talking about before commenting.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

“Black powder near to useless now”

ftfy

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Grumpy.6027

Grumpy.6027

Ok BP useless now? One word “Nope”.. It is by all means not useless, however that being said it definately(sp?) makes for a better challenge. Yes the Blindness has pretty much been cut in half, but it still pulses and what does that mean for the BP spammers? It eans to play a little more defensively maybe be a little tankier than full zerktard. I played a thief off and on since launch and yes thief has gotten the crap beat out of it with the nerf bat, but so has mesmer up until this patch, so is thief OP still? Yes if played right but all this is gonna do is alot of the baddie thieves that were baddies to begin with will bounce to Ranger or Mesmer and the great thieves will adapt and overcome. And all about the S/D build you might have to change ur build a little I was playing with Blinding Powder then hitting sword FS then LS and 9/10 times they would hit so did we get nerfed? Your kitten straight but keep your heads up guys.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

It’s not like ANet took out stealth stomps though (which are arguably worse from a balance perspective).

It’s good that they fix that, but that is not the problem.

The problem is that they nerfed shaved down BP by 50-67% without any compensation.
No bigger field, no reduced ini costs, just nerfed shaved down.
The same crap that they do everytime.

@Grumpy

I believe you don’t know that every other class have equivalent zerkerbuilds, but with a much better deffense.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Every class has the tools to take down vets and elites in PvE. No big deal. Every other class has tools that work on champions mobs too.

in Thief

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Yeah this skill is very weak.

/facepalm

in Thief

Posted by: Grumpy.6027

Grumpy.6027

@ Black Teagan, huh? Um I beg to differ. Like I said before the baddies will be baddies and go to other classes, Its just going to make for a larger skill play , If I wanted easy I would go back to my warrior or even my Ranger lol, or Mesmer but I like a challenge…

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Black powder is no where near OP.

The problem doesn’t come from pve (which is irrelevant) or stomping (which is more irrelevant the less there are people present). It comes from the blinds the player suffers from trying to facetank thieves in their own field.

This is why I never build melee only, being kited is almost guaranteed. The other player will bring you into their AoE and stay there until you die. And the only person to blame is yourself for not being prepared.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta