Bleed duration condition stacking

in Thief

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Runes of Afflicted, Krait & Centaur has all have +15% bleed duration
Sigil of Agony has 10% bleed duration

By stacking these runes/sigil you can get different bleed duration.

Tested with Pistol Vital shot bleed in HoTM heavy golem.

%bleed duration———tick/dmg
00 —-————————- 4×99
10 —-————————- 4×99
15 —-————————- 4×99
25 —-————————- 5×99
30 —-————————- 5×100
40 —-————————- 5×100
45 —-————————- 5×101
55 —-————————- 6×101
(note: the dmg per tick went up slightly because two of the runes had +28 condition)

So looks like you need a certain amount of bleed duration for it to actually take affect due to rounding

Using only the sigil(10%) or one armor rune bonus (15%) won’t net you any gain. Need at least 25% before it gives you that extra tick. To get 2nd tick you need 55%. By stacking everything you can get two extra tick. Having more +condition seems more appealing now.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Common knowledge but its good how you break it down.

The tool tip for vital shot is wrong its 4 sec bleed. you need 25% increments for each tick each tick represents a second. So you want 25% 50% 75% or 100% each represents a tick. 100% will net 8 second bleeds.

easily doable and is more damage than stacking condition damage. You still want condition damage but if you have to chose between the 2 going from a 107 bleed at 6 secs is less damage than a 103 bleed at 8 seconds. I believe its around 24 condition damage = 1 more point of damage per bleed. Which is not alot of extra damage at all.

Also longer duration bleeds help minimize the impact of condition removal because its easier to keep uptime with longer bleeds.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Right now Im using undead runes and the 10% bleed duration sigils + rare veggie pizzas. Would it be better to use the bleed duration runes? 100% bleed duration isn’t possible with a 0/0/30/20/20 p/d build so Id only be buying a single extra tick on the pistol with bleed duration runes (would go from 6s stacks to 7, but Id lose about 210 condition damage).

in Thief

oZii.2864

Right now Im using undead runes and the 10% bleed duration sigils + rare veggie pizzas. Would it be better to use the bleed duration runes? 100% bleed duration isn’t possible with a 0/0/30/20/20 p/d build so Id only be buying a single extra tick on the pistol with bleed duration runes (would go from 6s stacks to 7, but Id lose about 210 condition damage).

??

It is possible

2x krait 2x centaur 2x afflicted + pizza+ sigil of agony x 2 = 105% bleed duration duration.

210 condition damage is 53 damage on a bleed. have to know what your condition damage is really to tell you which is better for you.

If we assume your bleed is doing lets say 125 damage per tick at 6 seconds thats 750 damage from 1 bleed.

125-53=72 at 7 secs thats 504 damage

You can figure out what is better the formula is

At level 80 this is:

42.5 + (0.05 * Condition Damage) per stack per second

Undead runes are a big enough jump in condition damage that it might not be worth it to go for duration if it is indeed 210 condition damage as you say.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

??

It is possible

2x krait 2x centaur 2x afflicted + pizza+ sigil of agony x 2 = 105% bleed duration duration.

210 condition damage is 53 damage on a bleed. have to know what your condition damage is really to tell you which is better for you.

If we assume your bleed is doing lets say 125 damage per tick at 6 seconds thats 750 damage from 1 bleed.

125-53=72 at 7 secs thats 504 damage

Sigil of Agony stacks? I thought it only stacked with d/d which has been reported to be a bug. (Also I believe my condition damage would drop from ~1300 to ~1100 if I switched runes, the numbers include food/consumable buffs)

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Thief

oZii.2864

my math was wrong

so 1300 condition damage is 107 at 6 secs 642 damage

1100 condition damage is 97 at 7 secs 679 damage

pretty easy to see how duration is alot better than damage though the numbers don’t look as pretty seeing the 100’s pop up. if you go to 8 secs 776 damage at 1100 condition damage. Remember you also have access to might pretty easily which is 35 condition damage per stack.

yes sigil of agony stacks

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Thief

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

the tooltip doesn’t change when you add +duration so it can go unknowingly that you get zero benefit. I wasn’t aware of this common knowledge until I tested myself wondering why it never gave me the extra tick. Some of the runes set only provide +10% duration paired with a 10% sigil its only 20% so there would be no benefit. Alternatively, if someone used a 15% duration rune set but didn’t use a weapon sigil.

I liked using Rune of Lyssa for the (6) bonus, but since it was only 10% +duration I never saw any dmg benefit. Suppose in PVE you can use food to nudge it up to 25%, but in sPVP my main purpose won’t have any. Probably go back to stacking bleed with 3 rune set. Depending on how much +condition in pvp it can be more useful than duration since people use condition removal.

What about choking gas poison? (tooltip says 5s)
Without sigil I got 19s poison duration, with 10% sigil I got 21s.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

(edited by kirito.4138)

in Thief

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

1. bleeds only tick once per second, so this is why it seems to be rounded down
2. the duration cap is +100%, no matter what (except that one necro scepter trait that modiefies base duration AFAIK)
3. the tooltip is nearly always wrong
4. food goes up to +40%, you definitely want to use this

in Thief

Posted by: Skorn.4906

Skorn.4906

What about choking gas poison? (tooltip says 5s)
Without sigil I got 19s poison duration, with 10% sigil I got 21s.

The poison field pulses every second, so it’s 4 hits of 5 seconds each. Maybe you missed the first tick?

in Thief

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Rune of undead ftw!