Blind Stacks up to 5 times now...

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Dude stop cross foruming spreading things you dont understand kitten .

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Thief

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I love Daecollo; he’s the reason Warriors are where they are now. He keeps making forum posts to buff warriors and now they’re great. I say let him do the same with Thieves so we can be op too

in Thief

Furajir.3815

The kid needs to be allowed only 5 forum posts a decade.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

lol kitten devs axed the thief patch note thread. I swear Anet is getting worse and worse as time goes on. They’d sensor other sites relating to GW2 if they could.

Just biding my time until a real 3-way MMo comes out.

in Thief

Furajir.3815

CAMELOT UNCHAINED

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Just like burn stacks up to 5 times Daecollo? How do you not understand this was a nerf to conditions.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Thief

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

i’m not even allowed to make threads lol. what a joke.

Thief:
Shadow Refuge: This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait.

Shadow Pursuit:This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait.

Blinding Powder: Stealth duration has been decreased from 5 to 4 seconds when traited with Meld in Shadows. Skill remains at 3 seconds base.This skill is now a blast finisher.

Merciful Ambush: This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait for the recipient of stealth.

Fixed a bug where some skills would remove the visual effect of stealth from the player

Destroy Shadow Trap: This skill now has a 1.5s cast time. It plays an effect at the thief and the trap location when it is being cast. Added 5 seconds of regeneration.

Meld with Shadows now only increases Blinding Power stealth by 1 second so it is consistent with the traits functionality.

Venomous Aura: Increased the venom share radius to 360.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Blind stacking up to 5 times better not end duration after the next attack that would hit. Otherwise, this is crap. If GW2 blind functions the same as GW1 blind, then yay! Unfortunately it’s not. :/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I love Daecollo; he’s the reason Warriors are where they are now. He keeps making forum posts to buff warriors and now they’re great. I say let him do the same with Thieves so we can be op too

Yea I got no beef with Daecollo. He’s doing our class a favor for sure. Who cares if they’re OP, we can help with that.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Blind stacking up to 5 times better not end duration after the next attack that would hit. Otherwise, this is crap. If GW2 blind functions the same as GW1 blind, then yay! Unfortunately it’s not. :/

have you ever seriously had a target keep the blind condition for a whole 5 stacks worth of time?
Every friggin target in the game would have gotten rid of it by the time, this change really makes ANY difference on blind.
If it didn’t, chances are, it won’t ever and spamming blind on it is meaningless anyway, because it probably got nothing, the game recognizes as attacks and is just some static object/test dummy standing around minding its own business.
I mean, come on, even, if all 5 blinds are a baseline 2 seconds duration, that’s 10 seconds worth of blinding, where the following things are not allowed to happen:
-Target attacks and misses -> removes blind
-Target cleanses conditions -> removes blind
-Target dies -> blind becomes meaningless

Basically, anything, which removes blind will, well, remove it(duh), thus removing it(!) from the target, so the next blind application is, well, you figured it out already, applied to a target, which doesn’t have blind yet, so it will get a new stack counter.

Cry for choking gas, not for black powder shot.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

have you ever seriously had a target keep the blind condition for a whole 5 stacks worth of time?
Every friggin target in the game would have gotten rid of it by the time, this change really makes ANY difference on blind.
If it didn’t, chances are, it won’t ever and spamming blind on it is meaningless anyway, because it probably got nothing, the game recognizes as attacks and is just some static object/test dummy standing around minding its own business.
I mean, come on, even, if all 5 blinds are a baseline 2 seconds duration, that’s 10 seconds worth of blinding, where the following things are not allowed to happen:

Basically, anything, which removes blind will, well, remove it(duh), thus removing it(!) from the target, so the next blind application is, well, you figured it out already, applied to a target, which doesn’t have blind yet, so it will get a new stack counter.

You obviously have no idea what you’re responding to. >.<’

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

You obviously have no idea what you’re responding to. >.<’

While his explanation leaves room for improvement, blind is still a duration stacking NOT intensity stacking condition, doesnt matter how much you stack it it will be removed in one attack like always

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

this is a nerf to all conditions that cant stack to 25.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Wait what? So this means you can attack 5 times and miss all those times if you get 5 stacks? That’s pretty ridiculous considering the easy access we have to blinds.

EDIT: Nvm, it adds duration not intensity.

in Thief

Shemsu.8721

Exactly, and considering most of those conditions make up our venoms, what exactly is the point of sharing them with 5 people now?

in Thief

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

think you got it wrong.

All duration stacking boons and conditions now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

(i just removed the (tralalala ) between the text, should be clear now)

This does NOT touch boons or conditions that stack like bleed or might.

All it does is make things that stacked in duration now only stack 5 times max .
Like poison / regeneration.
And its only a nerf for the rare cases where duration stacking was a problem .

1) nerf to burn ( in zergfights only)
2) nerf to poison ( in zergfights only)
3) nerf to boons ( that had longer duration then recharge )
4) buff to immobilize

in other words its a nerf to zergers in pvp

(edited by Void.4239)

in Thief

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I like it, i was tired of have almost 1m of poison on me. But for burning i don’t think it will make any diference, 15 sec (3s x5) of burning is almost death.

in Thief

Shemsu.8721

think you got it wrong.

All it does is make things that stacked in duration now only stack 5 times max .

4) buff to immobilize

It affects alot more than that, almost all the conditions applied by our venoms fall into that list, this is a complete screw you to venom share is what it is. as example, you cast spider venom, next 5 attacks on you and your 4 mates apply poison. thats 25 applications, except now its only 5, which you could have done yourself without a 30 point SA trait, so what exactly is that point of that grandmaster trait?

in Thief

Void.4239

think you got it wrong.

4) buff to immobilize

It affects alot more than that, almost all the conditions applied by our venoms fall into that list, this is a complete screw you to venom share is what it is. as example, you cast spider venom, next 5 attacks on you and your 4 mates apply poison. thats 25 applications, except now its only 5, which you could have done yourself without a 30 point SA trait, so what exactly is that point of that grandmaster trait?

if you go 5 vs 1 in pvp , its just normal that it should not all stack on that 1 person .
( dont reward zerg gameplay.)

its a good nerf against zergers. Deal with it

5 vs 5 fights you’ll have all those venoms on ALL 5 persons. if your team is smart.

gang up on 1 person with 5 and you should get punished for it.

only downside is the build wont be that good in pve. But then again everything is alot easier in pve then in pvp.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

if you go 5 vs 1 in pvp , its just normal that it should not all stack on that 1 person .

5 vs 5 fights you’ll have all those venoms on ALL 5 persons. if your team is smart.

only downside is the build wont be that good in pve. But then again everything is alot easier in pve then in pvp.

News at six. Smart play in 5v5 is to spread your damage all over the place instead of focusing someone to kill it and turn the fight into 5v4.

in Thief

Void.4239

News at six. Smart play in 5v5 is to spread your damage all over the place instead of focusing someone to kill it and turn the fight into 5v4.

Its only nerfing some condition applications like burn and poison ( damage condi’s )
in teamfights. Everything else still gone work in your gangup playstyle.
You know we had a condition meta didnt you ? you know every1 hated it?

Guess what, its what folks wanted . So it would actually be a good balance attempt from devs to make 2 condi’s a wee bit less affectief. in gangup fights.

and its only really gone affecting burn, poison and some boons that have bigger uptimes then recharges. ( and only in teamfights )

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

I wonder. If i apply 5 stacks of 1 sec burning on myself with 300 con damage, then noone will be able to burn me with theirs 1300?

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

lol kitten devs axed the thief patch note thread. I swear Anet is getting worse and worse as time goes on. They’d sensor other sites relating to GW2 if they could.

Just biding my time until a real 3-way MMo comes out.

I don’t think you would have fun unless they create another broken class like a thief to carry you.

My post was referencing that Anet apparently doesn’t want any sort of discussion on the topic. You obviously felt the need to personally attack someone for that. Sad.

(edited by Fade.7658)

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Considering Warriors were complaining that their trait that “immobilizes 1s on cripple” was overwriting their long duration immobilize with a crappy one on their sword autoattack, I doubt it.

More likely, any new stack will always make room for itself by removing the oldest stack.