Blinding Powder does not apply stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Kligan.1360

Kligan.1360

I’m new to this game and I’m sorry if the question is stupid but… Why Blinding Powder does not apply stealth sometimes?
It happens every once in a while – when I use Blinding Powder my character does not go into stealth and get a Revealed debuff. I can’t understand what am I doing wrong for this to happen…

in Thief

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

If you already have the Revealed debuff from attacking from stealth within the previous 4 seconds you won’t be stealthed from Blinding Powder.

Occasionally if you have a ranged attack flying to a target and pop Blinding Powder before the projectile hits the target, then the attack can break the stealth causing Revealed.

If you have a ground targeted AoE patch on the floor (Such as Caltrops or “Throw Gunk”) the ticks of damage it does can count as an attack and break stealth immediately.

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

If you already have the Revealed debuff from attacking from stealth within the previous 4 seconds you won’t be stealthed from Blinding Powder.

Occasionally if you have a ranged attack flying to a target and pop Blinding Powder before the projectile hits the target, then the attack can break the stealth causing Revealed.

If you have a ground targeted AoE patch on the floor (Such as Caltrops or “Throw Gunk”) the ticks of damage it does can count as an attack and break stealth immediately.

Throw gunk: Yes
Caltrops: No
Poison and caltrops don’t count because they don’t inflict direct damage (both just add a condition to the enemy). Throw gunk on the other does direct dmg + conditions.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Kligan.1360

Well… I’m using pistol+dagger and I do have caltrops in my build… So… That means that I can’t rely on Blinding Powder? :\
Isn’t it supposed to work regardless of what trap I use or something?

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

You can use caltrops from stealth and not be debuffed, so yes you can use caltrops and then use blinding powder. However if you autoattack from stealth (or any attack for that matter) u have the 4s of debuff and in that time u cannot use BP.

You could also drop the 4 skill from shortbow and not pop out of stealth, because that’s just poison damage

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I assume you have Auto Attack on. A ridiculous part of stealth is that if you fire a projectile, then stealth while it’s still flying through the air, once it connects with the enemy you’ll get Revealed.
It’s most noticeable with Shortbow and the stupid bouncing arrow.
Do you have the Ricochet trait? Because that would definitely exacerbate the problem.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i have 12 kills …a legendary and almost 2 more legendaries with full ascended armor and 5k achievement points… id like to say from my experience there are a few times when BP just doesnt give invis….sometiems its bc of revelaed or you are attacking to fast etc. but sometimes it just doesnt apply. no reason.

in Thief

Kligan.1360

It seems like it is a well known issue for Thiefs… And it’s kinda surprise me that dev’s didn’t fixed that. I mean, the game was out for quite a while now.

Thank you all for your responses.
So I guess the only reasonable thing to do here is to cancel my current target to stop auto-attack before I use BP.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

@Kligan even that wont helpsometimes. its like even if the enemy has you targeted as soon as you click BP you are revealed . kinda creepy