Blk, Blk, Blk, Inv, Inv, Inv, Blk, Blk, Blk

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Block, Block, Block, Invulnerable, Invulnerable, Invulnerable, Block, Block, Block, Invulnerable, Invulnerable, Invulnerable

Anyone else tired of the current sustain meta?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

Wat, this was always annoying u.u

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

in Thief

Straegen.2938

Wat, this was always annoying u.u

Except it used to be on one or two specific builds… now 1/3 the players I run into use some version of this from DH, Warriors, Scrappers, Engis, Guardians, etc.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

Yep, sick of it. Low skill scrubs running around thinking they’re awesomesauce because they can run auto-tank faceroll builds with super easy rotations…

Unfortunately huge portions of this god awful community will claim “is balanced bruh” and the super-scrub army will join forces to prevent nerfs to their FOTM crutch build.

All while claiming thief OP

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Kind of ironic to see this on the thief forums, considering that this has historically been what thieves do to others, except that it’s evade, evade, evade, blind, evade, etc.

However, I agree that this is over the top for some builds like mesmer.

I honestly think that blocks themselves are not bad since it does open up room for unblockable skills and abilities to become useful (hence why warriors are now running Sig of Might), but there’s still a bit of a shortage for unblockable stuff for some classes.

My 2 cents: Make Flanking Strike unblockable once again.

in Thief

Straegen.2938

Kind of ironic to see this on the thief forums, considering that this has historically been what thieves do to others, except that it’s evade, evade, evade, blind, evade, etc.

The evasion/stealth mechanic on the thief is tempered by their relative brittle nature and general lack of AoE, control and sustain. In contrast, the new meta builds have high sustain along with being tanky and some come with solid DPS and generate significant control as well.

I don’t mind when a build is bunker OR sustain OR DPS OR control. I do mind when a build is bunker AND sustain AND DPS AND control.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I honestly think that blocks themselves are not bad since it does open up room for unblockable skills and abilities to become useful (hence why warriors are now running Sig of Might), but there’s still a bit of a shortage for unblockable stuff for some classes.

Thing is we can’t evade and do damage at the same time, exceptions being PW and DB and the latter doesn’t have a huge I frame

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Thing is we can’t evade and do damage at the same time, exceptions being PW and DB and the latter doesn’t have a huge I frame

To be fair: Most skills in this game which give block or invuln are not dealing damage the same time as well. The new scrapper shock shield is the only block I can remember which is dealing damage for it’s duration and invuln the only example I can remember is elementalists obsidian flesh. So this is no valid point.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

They buffed Death Blossom immensely in regards to its evasion. There’s a reason D/D condi Daredevil is a thing right now.

I am really sick of all the chain-blocks and invulns, though. Used to just really be guards that played well and built around it. Now it’s like half the skills in the game just grant straight immunity effects.

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Especially since it’s mostly passives.

"
Kind of ironic to see this on the thief forums, considering that this has historically been what thieves do to others, except that it’s evade, evade, evade, blind, evade, etc."

You mean pressing buttons at the proper moment?

in Thief

Posted by: moje.1863

moje.1863

I think this man has a point.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

"
Kind of ironic to see this on the thief forums, considering that this has historically been what thieves do to others, except that it’s evade, evade, evade, blind, evade, etc."

No one ever complained about evades, did they? The main problem people thought they had was stealth.
But yes, I agree that evades are a problem and about the same as all those blocks – with the exception that only one is passive.

Edit: just saw that I quoted the wrong person – so this is the answer to the one who originally posted it (too lazy to edit properly).

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Stop complaining, wow. Everyone knows it’s fine. ANet gave careful consideration to balance and thief when they introduced these things.

ANet gave us an extra dodge.

It’s a 0.75s evade on a 7.5-10s cool down depending on vigor uptime, working out to be 0.75-0.937s evade every 10s.
Well of precognition equates to a 0.66-1.11s invuln every 10s depending on alacrity uptime.

Well of precog is also AoE, doesn’t cost endurance, has its cool down modifier as a status effect so it can’t be countered with corrupts, and let’s you attack while you use it.

Just like True shot pierces, doesn’t require setting up, has a cool down to match reveal, is unblockable so it can’t be countered with blocks and also in case thieves try to use their new block skill vs it, and let’s you hit hard from a long distance to keep out of the cleave-fest with their superior armour to spare their variety of block and invulnerability skills.

So next time you go QQ about inbalance, remember there is balance. All is well. The classes are balanced with respect to their imbalance compared to thief.

Edit: The post took a turn mid-way. I couldn’t decide whether to make it a troll or serious post.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in Thief

Straegen.2938

"

Many of these builds are not trading off entire trait lines and utility to gain access to this sustain. Lets also keep in mind these classes/builds can also still evade they just don’t have three course many of them can keep vigor up full time so there is that.

For example a scrapper has block on their heaviest damaging weapon and one of their most useful kits. They don’t even have to go out of their way to pick up an auto-invuln… oh and they have better stealth than the thief now. Don’t even get me started on Mesmer evades, blocks, stealth, teleport and invuln. Then there is the DH which of course gets it as a built in portion of their class.

I would also note that when a thief misses a blind or evade they are typically dead. When one of these sustain classes misses a block or invuln they are typically so bunker it doesn’t matter.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]