Blocked for being a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Welcome to being a thief in gw2. I’ve been called a noob hs spammer and noob stealther whilst wielding a sword s/p and s/d evasion build

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

If you do something that is easy and counters them, you are running a cheese build. When you do what a cheese build can do but in a way that requires more skill, if you die you’re a noob, but if you win it’s still a cheese build. If your build or play style enables you to counter a crucial part of their rotation or routine, you are running a cheese build. If they are running a cheese build, and you do it better or counter it, you are running a cheese build. If you burst and kite, you’re running a cheese build. If you tank all their hits, you’re running a cheese build. If you build to have the best of both, you are running a cheese build. If you use a cheese build, you are a noob. If you fail at using a cheese build, you are a noob. If you don’t use a cheese build and fail, you’re a noob. If no one identifies anything cheesy and you win, you’re a noob out of spite.

So, we all run cheese builds. We’re all noobs. We should instead be calling each other “bigger noob” or stating that the other “uses more cheese”.

^ He said it best.

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

This same thing has happened to me before. After running from a massive zerg in a dueling server j eventually go down because i had no cooldowns left. the owner of the GASM server calls me “complete trash” and calls me out to duel. I say ok and down him with 1 mug/HS/backstab combo in about 3 seconds. (He was playing ele, most likely full glass) from there a massive Zerg resses him and as im in the middle of shadowstep stomping i get blocked from the entire server for “trolling”

GG

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I didnt even get an option to get back in :’( after i got kicked he was sending me all these whispers like “wow you suck” and “get good, youre trash” to which i replied, “if im trash, and i killed you, what does that make you?” He blocked me soon after

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

I killed a war several times in solo Q and he started calling me a pve noob…“hahaha pve noob go pve you noob”…it was baffling to say the least. Not only because we were clearly PvPing, but why would anybody take insult to being called a PvEr? Oh god no someone paid money to play all aspects of the game they must truly suck at life…strange indeed.

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I don’t think I’ve been blocked, but many people already cursed me because I played Thief
Makes no sense, right? Why can a necro AoE cond the whole enemy team and have them all dead and be called a hero while a thief kills key targets and is called a noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

This topic seems too one-sided.

/initiate Devil’s Advocate-mode
I believe blocking a thief is the right thing to do, after all if I’m unable to counter a thief due to lack of knowledge and cooldowns it’s a clear sign that the thief-player is horrible and the class is too strong. I think they should implement toggleable autoblock function towards bad thieves who are able to kill players, while also letting the player whisper curses at the thief while he’s unable to whisper back.
/disable Devil’s Advocate-mode

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

understandable when we play an ez mode class.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

me its the opposite…pople try to party me after i kill them deny. pople wisp me that I’m a noob even tho they are on the ground? block. aint nobody got time to listen to every crybaby trying to feel better for losing. “teef” is so op and cheese so thats why i main it. to easy mode the 90% population of this game that is only good for zerging.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It doesn’t really matter what you’re doing, people will always rage just cause you’re a Thief. Like when I was playing a P/P Venom Thief out of sheer boredom and killed someone 1 on 1 and they msg me that they’re “so sick of that cheese build.” I’m thinkin’
like when did people use s****y P/P ever? Also funny how anytime I kill someone non-solo ppl will rage and call be a noob n demand 1 on 1 when I’m playing normal venomshare support Thief with almost no stealth access. :s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Moderator)

in Thief

Posted by: simonerd.8672

simonerd.8672

Its normal, the 90% of players don’t know how to counter a thief, and this is the reaction to this class, this is very sad but is the truth ! i play thief since beta and i can’t count the number of insults since i started played this pg.

(edited by simonerd.8672)

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

People are stupid and want to blame anything other than their own play for their death and the fact they couldn’t beat you. I run a P/D build and sometimes an S/D + SB build and I’ve still been called a HS spammer, how I can HS without a mainhand dagger is beyond me, but people want to cry because of frustration at their own death.

I didnt even get an option to get back in :’( after i got kicked he was sending me all these whispers like “wow you suck” and “get good, youre trash” to which i replied, “if im trash, and i killed you, what does that make you?” He blocked me soon after

Oh if I had a pound for every time this happened I’d be so rich! IF you die, you’re trash, if you kill them, you’re trash. It’s words from a bruised ego in a fragile little mind. There’s little point arguing as much as I sometimes think it’s funny to tell them “Yep, a scrub just killed you so what does that say about you?”, they’re never going to have a rational thought pop into their head at that point and have any kind of revelation to agree with you. Trash talk is trash talk.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

You know that people will hate on you whether you kill them or not… xD

Was sad really, my first foray into sPvP with my Thief and was still being called a noob HS spammer (though I would only use HS maybe once on target). That was by a warrior who was actually destroying me xD

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

This same thing has happened to me before. After running from a massive zerg in a dueling server j eventually go down because i had no cooldowns left. the owner of the GASM server calls me “complete trash” and calls me out to duel. I say ok and down him with 1 mug/HS/backstab combo in about 3 seconds. (He was playing ele, most likely full glass) from there a massive Zerg resses him and as im in the middle of shadowstep stomping i get blocked from the entire server for “trolling”

GG

Im also banned from GASM dueling server, must pay 4g to get back lol

Hahaha, I got banned for killing too many people in a row. So now I can’t train my killing skills anymore?!?! And I run p/d power build!!! Who can rage at a non-meta build?!

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Just gonna leave this here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Remove-thieves-from-wvw-and-spvp/first

Edit: it appears this topic has been deleted after I linked it. The title should give you an idea as to what it was about

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Learn to feed on their sweet, sweet tears. They’ll comfort you. Then they’ll sustain you. One day, down the line you’ll find that you thrive on them. Embrace it. Good. Gooooooooood.

in Thief

Posted by: Thrackit.2158

Thrackit.2158

You know, the spam often happens because heat of battle and u mash your weapon skills. Its not that u meant to spam more then once its just u were trying to make the first one go lol at least for me

in Thief

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you are sure you are not blocked because you troll all day long in duel server? lol

in Thief

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You know what’s fun? When i kill thieves on my power necro.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Lol’d at this.

Please don’t think that you’ve been banned from my PvP server because of some unnatural PvP skill that you may or may not have come to possess after making a deal with the devil.

The only reason I ban people from the arena is because I kick trash from the arena who ruin other people’s fights. I do NOT challenge people who I plan to ban to duels. I ban around 10 people from my arena almost every day, I really don’t care enough to talk trash to them.
The reason my PvP server is almost always full is that I kick trash from my arena regularly.

A few of you guys need to get your head out of the clouds

- Gasmic

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I knew this would happen and unfortunately, it will continue until Arena.net redesign thief class.

As i had said in the past, it is not the thief player at fault but Arena.net, for creating and designing a class who plays by their own rules, by their own exceptions, by their own conditions, by their own standards, and by their own justice.

The thief guild i belong to (soon will disband near end of April, due to unresolved issues/problems, instability, inconsistence in the game etc,,) are wonderful individuals.

Beforehand,

i was shocked and disbelief that they even invited me to their guild; i thought it was a trap or were hackers, trying to sabotage my account.

To make a long story short,

I believe all individuals behind thief class are good individuals, it’s the costume you are forced to put on, it is the system which enslaves, governs and control you, that make you, that changes you into something our forefather; Guild Wars. have fought against and succeeded.

In conclusion,

only solution,

Is for a complete redesign of your class.

If not,

the malevolent treatment against you,

will persist.

the entity that’s controlling you,

the entity that’s governing you,

the entity that’s enslaving you,

is a liar,

is a manipulator,

is a deceiver,

Evil.

Its sole purpose;

is to torment you,

to torture you,

to agonize you,

to anguish you,

to destroy you,

to end your,

Existence.

- My Sympathy for Thief -

Attachments:

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

-Snip-

Please,

Sir,

Just,

Leave,

That,

Razor,

Down,

It’s,

Not,

That,

Bad!

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Oh my god!!
I got blocked my Who-knows-who for playing Thief in a game mode that Thiefs suck.
I’m feeling so terrible now.
I wonder if I may need psychological help.

?~?~

Pro-tip:
In a MMo like Gw2 the chances of you meeting the same person on a PvP or PvE once or twice is so freakin low that you shouldn’t really bother yourself with this kind of stuff.

Person in question prolly got farmed by a Ranger after blocking you and never logged on sPvP again.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Funny story: Once someone yelled 22222 at me when I was playing a P/D condi spec.

in Thief

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Pro-tip:
In a MMo like Gw2 the chances of you meeting the same person on a PvP or PvE once or twice is so freakin low that you shouldn’t really bother yourself with this kind of stuff.

Except that the gw2 pvp community is actually so tiny that you meet the same people over and over again. It doesn’t matter at what time I play solo or teamqueue, if I do a total of 3 matches I will almost certainly meet one or more persons twice. [EU]

Also: People shouldn’t wonder about flames/insults in pvp, which is usually dominated by arrogance and bad attitude, especially when playing a class that is overpowered at it’s role (probably even in general) and pretty easy to play. Not talking about rotations(for which people usually kitten talk you. spam 3 bla bla) but about the excessive amount of shadowsteps and evades which allow horrible positioning as well as random dodges.

Don’t argue with warriors at this point because if you lose 1v1 versus a warrior in s/tpvp as a thief, you simply got outplayed by him (given that you run a proper build: either trickery d/p or s/p or acrobatics s/d)

in Thief

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I think they will end up nerfing it pretty hard due to the player anger, even though the thief is not OP but its frustrating to get ganked by a thief.

Depends on your point of view. If you’re a light armor wearing elementalist with health less than a thief’s intial burst, then I’d say the complaints are valid. Especially since even IF said elementalist somehow survives this attack, the thief can stealth and redo the same trick a few seconds later, while said elementalist still has 50 seconds cooldown left on their defensive skills and had zero chance to return a hit.

The problem could be fixed by just giving eles 5k more health. But that’s too simple for Anet.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Thief

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

the people on this game just block so easly. i get insults many times when i pvp but 80% of times i’m already blocked after the 1st whisp.
I always have a lot of fun with whispers on other games tough