Body shot needs to be FIXED!

in Thief

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

Please. Remove the horrible aftercast-delay. You attack slower with body shot than with autoattacks. Please, fix it. The ability is currently useless because of the aftercast.

in Thief

Posted by: SPARTdAN.2091

SPARTdAN.2091

I never use it, lol. It seems I can just use cloak and dagger for stealth and vulnerability with my p/d build and body shot is just completely wasted.

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

The only way i can remember using it is to add additional condition(vulnerability) to the bleeds to reduce the chance of skills that remove random condition to remove the bleeds exactly.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

Yep, only time I use it is if I somehow find myself full init and not in range for a CnD (which is super rare) and then just to try to keep bleeds from dropping.

in Thief

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

I never use it, it’s way too slow, weak, and boring, imo it should be replaced with something interesting

in Thief

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

I never use it, it’s way too slow, weak, and boring, imo it should be replaced with something interesting

Exactly. Slow, weak and boring. If they at least removed the slowness…it feel soooooooo awkward, it does less damage than a basic shot AND is slower to boot. Feels bad man.

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

It’s initiative better spent elsewhere. Don’t waste your time using Body Shot. A mere 5% damage for 7.5 seconds, and it cost only 1 less initiative than an Unload? You will do more DPS not using it.

in Thief

Jjiinx.8795

IMO it should be replaced entirely, as least with something interesting like:

Careless Fire: Fire an inaccurate shot at a target, bleeding the target and inflicting a random effect.
Head shot: Critical.
Arm shot: Weakness.
Leg Shot: Cripple.
Body Shot: Vulnerability.

(edited by Jjiinx.8795)

in Thief

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

I use P/P in PVE while in party to DPS single targets, and I only use 3,1 and the occasional 4/5. 2 were never touched.

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Yeah, I never use this. If I didn’t need my 2 key for my short bow I’d unbind it altogether. There’s really no point unless there are 40 players DPSing the same target. Even then I doubt I’d bother.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Yeah its a waste should have given us a poison or something instead.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

This skill is actually meant for fights, where you nuke a single target with many people. If they can do, let’s say, 100k damage in 5 seconds (boss fight), 2 quick body shots give 10 000 damage for 6 initiative from a safe AoE-free distance.

So, this skill has some use, but I don’t like it so much either. Anyway, thief need some kind of reliable vulnerability without traiting for it, so there must be a skill like this one.

Signed, level 1 alt

(edited by Dagins.5163)

in Thief

Jjiinx.8795

Yeah its a waste should have given us a poison or something instead.

Agreed, they should simply add a poison or bleed on top of the effect to make it semi useful

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Agree, in every single set, Body Shot is the worst skill. In P/P the damage of it (including the damage increased when using Unload after it) isn’t worthe the initiative at all. On P/D you’re relatively comfortable at semi-melee range and will use Cloack and Dagger much more to get those Sneak Attacks. BS is only (moderately) useful on epic boss fights as you will increase the damage done by 20 players, but except for that, it isn’t worth the initiative, not even those 3 points.

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I agree the skill needs a major tweak, whether it be increased duration, faster animation/lower after cast, or added effects…doesn’t matter.