Bolt - Slight concern

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I love my Thief – I love my Thief so much that I plan to get a legendary and bind it to her – specifically, the sword Bolt. I’m not really a fan of D/D, and I love the fencing feel of S/D and the sturdiness of S/P. Naturally though, many of my builds have stealth somewhere in them.

Bolt has the following effects:
Lightning surrounds the weapon when it is drawn.
Lightning surrounds the user’s body when the sword is drawn and in the main hand.
Leaves trails of lightning when slashing.
Unique sound effects when slashing and striking.
Plays a continuous buzzing sound while drawn.

I’m slightly worried that if I carry dagger off-hand and hit C+D, or use any stealth skill, the noise and effects might still appear in some way, shape or form. This might actually make me more detectable in render issues in WvW if you can hear a giant lightning roar behind you, but still – do I have a reason to be concerned? :P

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Lan.1968

Lan.1968

Make one for me and ill tell you the experience in pvp

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

haha, I think these issues (if they exist) will get sorted out. Like (im not sure if they have) but if you had 100% map completion and summoned thieves guild/clones they wouldn’t have the map sign, making it easy to distinguish the real target.

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: MadPants.9213

MadPants.9213

do I have a reason to be concerned? Yeah

Other items in the game have effects do they show though stealth? I honestly dont know but I bet they work the same.

I can see thiefs in stealth most of the time anyway.

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

I think you should be more concerned about using a weapon that is categorically the worst at combining with others (as in, your “3” skill). :p

Seriously though, there’s no way there should be lingering effects if you stealth. If there are, it’s a bug and A-net will fix it.

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I think you should be more concerned about using a weapon that is categorically the worst at combining with others (as in, your “3” skill). :p

Flanking Strike could use some help and Pistol Whip isn’t particularly useful post-nerf, but S/D and S/P are still entirely viable weapon setups. The key here is that, unlike many thief weapon setups, sword doesn’t need to rely on dual skills for primary effectiveness. FS and PW are situational utility skills, not the heart of S/x setups.

Sword is amazing in many situations and shouldn’t be ignored.

Bolt - Slight concern

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Sword has a lot more going for it than just Pistol Whip. Rainy made a video about it just yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRq-nyaRlLw&feature=g-user-u