Bountiful theft and LS NOT working

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

When using any boon stealing ability you aren’t able to steal the stacking boons.

I had noticed multiple times that when using bountiful theft or larcenous the opponent would always be left with their might. The worst part of this though is when you do steal the might from someone (when it’s the last or one of the last 2 boons), you don’t steal all the stacks.

I want those might stacks!
http://imgur.com/hSdtkxY

But that’s what I get instead.
http://imgur.com/GqmkJ7T

I tried to steal the 25 stacks of might from the jelly but I only got 1. The picture shows 3 might stacks. I got one from thrill of the crime and two from stealing the 25 stacks of might. Something clearly isn’t working. I know this IS a bug b/c in the SotG dealio the devs straight up said that the thief WOULD be able to steal those might stacks.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Oh, you can steal the might stacks. You just have to have 25/3 = 9 thieves stealing at once. Did they forget to mention that?

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Maybe the pve jelly don’t use normal Might.
Since I steal stacks from people just fine.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

if you used bountiful theft then that’s why, it only steals 1 stack of the boon

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

bountiful thieft is garb

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Bountiful Theft always worked like that in a broken way. It steals all the might stacks at once, discards all of them except one then applies the one remaining to you and allies. The trait sucks because of that.

in Thief

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Last time i used bountiful theft on the jelly it gave one my party members the full 25 might stacks, even though it lasted for like 2-3 secs.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Bountiful Theft has always been that way. I’m about to test LS for myself on Ettins.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

LS steals stacks just fine.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

LS realy sucks…
Boon Stealing has a priority for:
-Swiftness
-Regeneration
-Fury
-Protection
-Might
-Retaliation

in my personal opinion it should be totally random, I don’t want to steal Swiftness\Regeneration every freaking time I face an engineer with 25 stack of might and retaliation always up..

This skill is awsome on the paper but it sucks on the ground..
against anyone that is not totally kitten you will never steal thos 25 stacks plus retaliation cos he will always dodge your second hit or will have 3+ boon on him

I hope this skill will get fixed soon, and Bountyful Theft too

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Yes this is how Bountiful Theft has always worked.

It seems like might its the 3rd or 4th boon stolen, however, so using steal in the instant before you land larc strike usually leads to instant 4 boon strip + giving you all the might stacks

in Thief

Kolly.9872

yeah but you’re talking just for 1 type of build that requires at least 20 point in trickery.. not a bad spec but not everyone that is using sword\dagger want to run 20 points in trickery.. and also I shouldn’t be forced to run like that just for trying to steal might…

also I am sure that might and retaliation are the last boons in the priority list, so if someone is running with 6 active boon at the time, you won’t be able to steal might and retaliation even using Steal and LS..

I realy ask for a change: I want to steal boon in a totally random way, I don’t ask to steal might\protection or retaliation every time but just to have the same chance to steal one of those boon and not always Swiftness\Fury\Regeneration

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

yeah but you’re talking just for 1 type of build that requires at least 20 point in trickery.. not a bad spec but not everyone that is using sword\dagger want to run 20 points in trickery.. and also I shouldn’t be forced to run like that just for trying to steal might…

also I am sure that might and retaliation are the last boons in the priority list, so if someone is running with 6 active boon at the time, you won’t be able to steal might and retaliation even using Steal and LS..

I realy ask for a change: I want to steal boon in a totally random way, I don’t ask to steal might\protection or retaliation every time but just to have the same chance to steal one of those boon and not always Swiftness\Fury\Regeneration

Psssh… steal from a warrior or thief (might stacking during stealth) and the majority of the time might will be one of the two boons you end up grabbing… LS is fine as it is. It just depends on which class you’re targeting.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Bounty Theft is a boon stripper, not a boonsteal like LS. If it strip a might stack, you get one stack of might regardless of how many stacks you stripped.

It’s a bad trait except for the vigor buff, it’s not like you have other choice in that tier anyway.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Kolly.9872

Psssh… steal from a warrior or thief (might stacking during stealth) and the majority of the time might will be one of the two boons you end up grabbing… LS is fine as it is. It just depends on which class you’re targeting.

yeah cos for you it is meant to be used against another thief or a bunker?
wake up, usually bunkers have more than just 2 boons up, and you will end up with swiftness and fury or regen if you’re lucky.
LS sucks as it is, try to actually play tPvP and strip boons from some good bunker and you will see what I mean..
I am just asking for an equal chance between all boons, I just don’t get it why some boons must be prioritized upon others

(edited by Kolly.9872)