Buff revealed?

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

What if the stealth buffs were moved to the revealed debuff?

- regen health when revealed is up
– 100% crit in revealed (no backstab garantee crit, but 3-4 secs of crits?)
– gain 2 initiative when revealed
– remove a condition every 3 secs you have revealed.

This would force the thief to stay in combat more than in stealth to keep its benefits.
It would not hurt so much players that keep active in fights, but it would reduce the benefits of stealth for long times to fully recover.

Just an idea…
any constructive and polite criticism is welcome…

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Interesting idea. I have three initial feelings:

First thought: Wow, that would solve everything! So bloody simple too..

Second thought: Mmm, but it doesn’t seem right thematically. Revealed should be the debuff and a thief should get it’s power from the shadows.

Final thought: Even though your proposal would probably make all the qqers feel better about thieves, it’s fundamentally changing nothing except when a thief’s buffs kick in (apart from SR that would be kittenty). Meaning that perhaps it isn’t a thief’s ‘abilities’ that people don’t like, merely the fact that they don’t like them doing things behind their backs.

?

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

My first thought was also the same…

About the thematic, for those that need, the thief that focus on the revealed, is focusing on the surprise, for those 3-4secs of revealed he has the surprise on his side and thus getting bonus from it. after that, he can stealth again to try to regain surprise or manage the fight with his evasion, blinds and other defenses.

I dont think it will make ALL QQers better. But it would address some points of stacking stealth to maximize its benefits.
Thiefs can still stack stealth, but the benefits would be more tactical (re-evaluate the fight, reposition, retreat) then game-machanics (more regen and new burst while opponent is still vulnerable)

As I said, its just an idea that could use some work and maybe become viable…

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

This won’t solve anything IMO. Just another crazy illogical nerf to a class that doesn’t need anymore nerfs.

Nothing will stop people from qq about thieves, no matter how hard the class gets nerfed because people hate invisible enemies…

Just another noob thief…

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Maybe they could call it “Surpise!” or something, then the buffs could be somewhat logical lol

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Is actually some pretty good ideas. Might be too strong but I like it. Means that instead of doing big things from stealth, you’re doing big things when you’re pushing the action. Stealth still maintains its offensive and defensive purposes but gets toned down a bit to help the newbies avoid the brunt of the attack. Also means backstab isn’t insta crit (/cry) but then means that IF it does crit, all the heart seekers follow ups will. That’s what I mean by maybe too strong.

Last possible problem with it though is that the player could go full PTcrit but still have nearly 100% crit rate. I know I’m focusing on the 30 in critical a lot but that’s where the imbalance from this idea would be the most prevalent.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Buff revealed?

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

OMG!! revert again the 3s reveal revert!!!!