[Build] Havoc/Roaming DD Burst

in Thief

Posted by: ngdani.9482

ngdani.9482

Hello fellow DD thieves!

Been experimenting with different double dagger burst builds… for those who like 5 digit backstabs, having their enemies not know wtf just killed them and those trying to step away from stealth-based roaming builds! I came up with a 46004 fun build not meant to sustain much damage or clear conditions, but getting in and out, sniping down targets at 1500 range with the normal [basilisk > signet > CnD > Steal >BS] combo before they have a chance to react. Pretty fun to solo roam with, but excels in small man havoc groups.

Tested with Scholar, Traveller, and Eagle runes, on zerk or valk armours and in my opinion, scholar runes are hands down the go-to for choice of runes equipped into either zerk/valk armour. Variants can include, going 6/6/2 with revealed training (with Blinding Powder in place of Assassin’s Signet for +200 power backstabs) which is quiet situational, as you’d need to position yourself either behind the person or use shadowstep to get behind, otherwise changing between Long Reach, Thrill of the Crime and Flanking Strikes would be based on personal playstyle.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVlsMp0pdPxxJ8PNRLBt9Ii+L88MxRzHEAA-TFSBABRcEAua/R5He6DW4QAAwJA4hHAAlq/YmSQSBExyI-w

And finally, just a short video just to showcase what the build can do~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX1O1V-M-hw&feature=youtu.be
Feedback is appreciated! :]

Ps. Conditions will eat you alive ._.

(edited by ngdani.9482)

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Quite a glass cannon build. It doesn’t have very much survival does it?

in Thief

Posted by: tora.3205

tora.3205

I think yours build is way too slow.. As being a piece of paper you have to be as sneaky as a Thief, not like a Warrior
flanking strikes is not so good to be taken instead of Thrill of the Crime, also Hidden Killer, if you take Thrill of the Crime you will have Fury so you can run for Executioner. Hide in Shadow.. ok it’s a good healing, but it’s too slow if you are running outnumbered fights, they will stun/interrupt you each time you try to cast it, and.. cooldown is too long for such healing (30 secs)

What I suggest you to run is, the build I use in sPvP and WvW:

6/6/0/0/2

- Deadly Arts: Mug, Dagger Training and Panic Strike
- Critical Strikes: Signet of Power, Signet Use and Executioner
- Trickery: Thrill of the Crime

Skills:

- Withdraw, Assassin’s Signet, Signet of Agility and Signet of Shadow, Basilisk Venom

Gear:

- Full Zerker, Scholar Runes with Sigil of Fire and Air

This is a GC build as yours, but way more effective because you don’t risk to get hit from AoE spam and it has more damage spike, if you are in outnumbered fights just burst one down (you need just 2 sec) then swap to SB and spam Chocking Gas+Cluster Bomb/AA

Yess Man ~ Thief
Eroto Man ~ Necromancer
Mortalis Ex Inferi ~ Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: ngdani.9482

ngdani.9482

I think yours build is way too slow.. As being a piece of paper you have to be as sneaky as a Thief, not like a Warrior
flanking strikes is not so good to be taken instead of Thrill of the Crime, also Hidden Killer, if you take Thrill of the Crime you will have Fury so you can run for Executioner. Hide in Shadow.. ok it’s a good healing, but it’s too slow if you are running outnumbered fights, they will stun/interrupt you each time you try to cast it, and.. cooldown is too long for such healing (30 secs)

What I suggest you to run is, the build I use in sPvP and WvW:

6/6/0/0/2

- Deadly Arts: Mug, Dagger Training and Panic Strike
- Critical Strikes: Signet of Power, Signet Use and Executioner
- Trickery: Thrill of the Crime

Skills:

- Withdraw, Assassin’s Signet, Signet of Agility and Signet of Shadow, Basilisk Venom

Gear:

- Full Zerker, Scholar Runes with Sigil of Fire and Air

This is a GC build as yours, but way more effective because you don’t risk to get hit from AoE spam and it has more damage spike, if you are in outnumbered fights just burst one down (you need just 2 sec) then swap to SB and spam Chocking Gas+Cluster Bomb/AA

I made this to be a 2-3 hit ko build, so movement speed isnt an issue. My usual is 2/6/6 with double blinks on traveler runes, so i just wanted something with maximum damage
I will be sure to try yours, maybe except maybe only one or two signets max, shadowstep and refuge are my normals haha

Quite a glass cannon build. It doesn’t have very much survival does it?

disregarding all survival for maximum power >:D

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Actually what you want to do is add some pvt armor in there, maybe change the traits to 5/6/0/0/3 if you’re going down that route. But maybe you like the extra steal range, I get that.

But by adding pvt armor you’re porbably going to increase your damage and increase survivability. Your utility food gives 6% power based on toughness and 4% on vitality, so by adding survivability you’re increasing your damage output. Sure, you may lose some crit rate and %, but it makes up for it in the long run.

(Note, this is before watching the video)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Adding on to my previous post, the build looks something like this (I just quickly added some pvt)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVlsMp0pdPxxJ8PNRLBt9Ii+L88MxRzHEAA-TlSBABZpc6hHAAlqrYmSwIOCAXt/okpSVKwTfwCHCAAOBAkCIilRA-w

Your slight lack of crit dmg is made up for through power and survivability.

Note: This is basically just if you want to play it seriously. YOu of course don’t have to. do what you want to do

(edited by alchemyst.2165)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

4/6/0/0/4 is not a truly optimized assassination/burst damage build. Nor is 6/6/0/0/2 or any 6/6/x/x/x variant.

My build is 5/6/0/0/3 and I can assure you that this build provides the absolute best possible numbers available on a given D/D backstab combo under valk/zerk mixed gear. The trait build is here:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAoIlsMpypNOxzpJaJktHt6lfv19RAA

Why it beats 4/6/x/x/x damage:

The 5-point trait Exposed Weakness in the Deadly Arts line provides a 10% damage modifier when the target is suffering from a condition. A rapid-action backstab after applying serpent’s touch and lotus poison will net a 10% increased damage modifier before the conditions are cleansed – not to mention the additional 50 power gained from the build. At best, a 4/6/0/0/4 build – or any other 4/6/x/x/x variant will achieve close to a 5% damage modifier through other traits without the bonus power.

Why it deals more damage than 6/6/0/0/2:

6/6/0/0/2 is a hard-hitting spec, but it fails to utilize the 5-point Critical Strikes trait First Strikes’ 10% damage modifier. With a signet burst build, a thief will be generating 11-16 stacks of might on engage (quad signets are a waste), putting the thief well over 3 thousand power. In WvW with proper food and gear, this number can start approaching the 4k number. Gaining an extra 200 power from Revealed training nets around a 5-7% damage increase. With Preparedness, a thief will have 13 initiative, and after a CnD will thus have 7 initiative, allowing for First Strikes’ 10% damage modifier to be applied even on the Mug damage portion, let alone the backstab, thus signficantly increasing the overall damage dealt by the combo by roughly 15-20% when the CnD hit is also included. Not to mention ToTC closes the +50 power gap from the trait stat points to only a difference of 15 stat difference power.

Why it’s better than both:

More damage, identical survivability, near-identical cooldowns on steal (it’s a 1s faster recharge 4 pts deep into Trickery versus 3s).

I’ve found extreme success with this in WvW roaming, but you NEED to pick your fights well. You will have matchups you can’t win, and should be paying attention to your enemies to see what kind of setups they run based off of what utility passives or stacks they might have. It is NOT a build you can just engage anyone with, and it’s extremely punishing for misplays. That said, the damage potential is absolutely incredible and this build can end fights before they even begin.

On an 80 beserker guardian to demonstrate the damage potential (more on lights/with food; sadly no crit on CnD QQ):

Attachments:

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

0 survivability.

3 shot for wars.

let’s be frank – zerk build times are over.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I have 17k hp on my thief. Not really glass.

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

DeceiverX,

That build site you linked is down right now. Can you post another link to your build? I’d really like to see your setup.

Thanks.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

@FinalPatriot

Here’s what he posted in another thread:

Valk/zerker mix, HiS heal, infil signet + assassin’s signet + signet of shadows + BV.
Traits are:
DA: Mug/Dagger Training;
CS: Signets of Power, Signet Use, HK;
TR: ToTC

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

@FinalPatriot

Here’s what he posted in another thread:

Valk/zerker mix, HiS heal, infil signet + assassin’s signet + signet of shadows + BV.
Traits are:
DA: Mug/Dagger Training;
CS: Signets of Power, Signet Use, HK;
TR: ToTC

Thanks for taking the time to write that all out Mompen!

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I just copy/pasted what he wrote, but you are welcome :-D

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The main issue the build has is a lack of condi cleansing except for HiS. It’s been reasonable so far since torment isn’t too spammy – dodge their torment/confusion bombs and you’re pretty much alright. I do have to wonder just how difficult scepter mesmer will be with the upcoming torment-on-autoattack change (not to mention the confusion), since this build has quite literally zero access to confusion and torment removal.