Burning for Thieves

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

I think its time Anet finally gave us Burning. We are the only profession that can’t burn and anet stated in one of the game interviews about 6 months ago that they wanted us to have access to burning.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i dont think one thing they stated about thieves on the beneficial side has come true yet.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Thieves need no Burning.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Don’t wanna see more kittenty condi thieves.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

Im playing a condition thief myself with perplexity runes and 30 in trickery for Slight of hand trait and i gotta stay it’s difficult to deal against it in a 1v1 scenario. Necro is probably the most efficient counter to this, but others melt away quickly. (Only personal opinion before you rustle your jimmies.)
I also thought about this and despite how i would love the ability to burn i have to admit the dps conditions would provide at that point would make it the superior build.
It would be OP.

Typically when i open from stealth i also pop skale venom and open up at their face then use Shadow strike to pop 2 more stacks of torment with a total of 5 stacks and shadow step back for range. Also with 5x shots as a opener each shot has 20% chance to land 3 stacks of confusion with runes of perplexity.
At this point the target has 5 stacks of bleed, 5 of torment, 3 of confusion.
Stealing to their face for interrupt adds 5 more stacks of confusion and poisons them
(10/0/30/0/30 setup)

It is really effective and melts them away, you run you get melted by torment, you use skills you get melted away by confusions plus the bleeds.

I see no reason to add burning, it would be just too much.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

The only burning we’ll ever get is if we’re tied to a stake.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The notion that we would ever get a buff, ever. Ha.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

The notion that we would ever get a buff, ever. Ha.

Let alone a condition buff hahha

They should do away with improvisation in DA and add a trait to apply burn to nearby foes when entering stealth (ICD 10 seconds, level 1 burn for 2 seconds?).

That or bump the duration of torment applied from shadow strike to last longer.

Or make sneak attack bleeds last much, much longer. It’s soo much work trying to maintain lethal stacks of DoT with condi thief, it makes me /cry when I pretend to fight ele or guardian with their absurd condition removal.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The HoM Fiery Dragon Sword skin causes burning — but not burning damage.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

I run burning in a heal/condi build I sometimes run… but it’s from runes of the forge.

Tiger

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Remember what happened when necros got burning? Yeah, exactly, the game doesn’t need every condition on ever class.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

From a lore standpoint… how in the hell would burning fit thieves? Aside from it not making sense from a RP point of view, it would be OP as hell.
Seams with the new heal we just got ANet favors condi thieves and wants us all to run condi and venom share so its not out of the realm of possibility for them to add burning in the condi thief mix. Hopefully we never see thieves that can stack burning…

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Sure!
They will give us burning …
At the expense of our survivability (nerf vigor a bit more, nerf stealth regen… ugh what else… take away some dodge skills from weapon sets…).
WORTH IT!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Be careful what you ask for. Necros got burning in Dhuumfire and have been regretting it ever since.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Burning for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Be careful what you ask for. Necros got burning in Dhuumfire and have been regretting it ever since.

Yep, cause they keep nerfing everything else on the necro to balance it out except for the ability itself. Sort of like how untraited venoms are weak but they won’t buff them because the associated traits might make them OP at that point.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief