Burst Sigils

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

What are the new burst sigils for spvp since fire and air got a 25% dmg nerf, because they suck now x.x

I heard force and accuracy (The 7% crit chance). But im not 100% sure

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

Force and accuracy are not bursty. Afaik is air/rage for SA builds meta. Or you can use blood.

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

The nerf is kittening huge though have you seen the new number for air and fire and tested the new dmg its so kitten x.x

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

The problem is, I like using Sigil of fire to detect other stealthed classes. Like auto attacking and proccing fire burst on a thief inside his shadow refuge.

Can Sigil of Air procs also be seen when proc’d against a stealthed character? I’ve personally never noticed it, only the AOE fire sigil burst.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

The problem is, I like using Sigil of fire to detect other stealthed classes. Like auto attacking and proccing fire burst on a thief inside his shadow refuge.

Can Sigil of Air procs also be seen when proc’d against a stealthed character? I’ve personally never noticed it, only the AOE fire sigil burst.

You do know that when you hit someone in stealth with an auto attack, your auto attack will go though the auto attack chain. So you cans till see if you hit them…

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

You do know that when you hit someone in stealth with an auto attack, your auto attack will go though the auto attack chain. So you cans till see if you hit them…

Yeah but the fire burst give you more of an accurate location.

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You’re not going to find anything on par with it.

Air/Fire was in every single way the best combination of sigils for any power/prec build. They absolutely had to get nerfed. It was causing skills to double/triple their damage every 3s that did not go on a cooldown if blocked/missed/evades/etc. People now get less “free burst at no opportunity cost” since the other power sigils are underwhelming/don’t perform as obscenely.

I’m glad fire got nerfed. I hope air is next. Actually, I’d like to see them removed altogether, and better consistent sigils added, because I’m sick of evading a big attack but still taking the same damage because I got hit with some tiny crit off of a skill not intended to deal damage afterwards that procced sigils. These sigils made PvP a joke because half of your deaths could be attributed to RNG timing that had no visible tell.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

I agree with the nerfs too. Although iirc didn’t both of them get nerfed? Or was it really just fire.

I think some people run sigils of blood now as an alternative. I still run both air and fire personally.

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Is this live? Where are patch notes?

Just another noob thief…

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Air/Fire/Blood/Rage/Bloodlust are all fairly interchangable depending on what you’re looking for.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Burst Sigils

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I agree with the nerfs too. Although iirc didn’t both of them get nerfed? Or was it really just fire.

I think some people run sigils of blood now as an alternative. I still run both air and fire personally.

I’ve only noticed reductions on fire, but that reduction feels lower than 25%, so I don’t know.

I’ll continue not running either of them so I can get the satisfaction when winning a fight of knowing I didn’t win from RNG/sigils carrying me if my opponent avoided my burst and I recovered from said avoidance.

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Is this live? Where are patch notes?

Not included in patch notes at all, but its true. They were ninja nerfed.

Personally, I think air/blood for burst weapon set is best, but fire is still useable despite the nerf (which was sizable).

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I’ll continue not running either of them so I can get the satisfaction when winning a fight of knowing I didn’t win from RNG/sigils carrying me if my opponent avoided my burst and I recovered from said avoidance.

eHonor is overrated

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Burst Sigils

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

What? Honestly if someone is avoiding your burst (especially as a thief) and you still managed to win it most likely didn’t come down to sigil procs, especially with how they are toned down.

I don’t know what spec you’re running, but I assume it doesn’t include improv with your attitude. You must have either 0% crit chance or 100% crit chance since otherwise it involves a certain amount of luck/rng.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Burst Sigils

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

What? Honestly if someone is avoiding your burst (especially as a thief) and you still managed to win it most likely didn’t come down to sigil procs, especially with how they are toned down.

I don’t know what spec you’re running, but I assume it doesn’t include improv with your attitude. You must have either 0% crit chance or 100% crit chance since otherwise it involves a certain amount of luck/rng.

Depending on the matchup, the 50% chance (a chance on a chance) is too inconsistent and provides too much of an unavoidable payoff.

It doesn’t, no. Improv is too inconsistent for my build since I only run one type of utilities on 7 through 9, and executioner works better with my build concept due to triggered protection reducing damage substantially.

I used to run intelligence sigils to guarantee perfect crits. Unfortunately I’ve had to move away from them due to the dependency on swapping to disengage rather than engage. There is RNG on my build, but it’s not substantial. A CnD critting, while it can be impactful, typically will not define the outcome of a fight. I’ve done everything in my power and within the limitations of the class to make the damage as consistent as possible for my build’s durability needs.

I’ll put it simply, my crit chance is better than the fire/air proc chance even on a 100% crit rate, and all my attacks are avoidable.

The benefit to initiative is you can force situations to happen. If something doesn’t go your way at first, you can immediately try again while your opponent is recovering from trying to counter you. If I need that CnD crit, I can make it happen by not revealing myself and doing it again as soon as stealth’s up. Typically that doesn’t happen, though, as a heartseeker finisher is a bit better.