Can't Decide

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Demeter Aurion.7381

Demeter Aurion.7381

I’ve recently returned to the game, I’m level 80 already too. But I can’t seem to decide on what build I want to stay with. I mainly PvE and WvW and would also like to start running dungeons. I honestly have only did maybe one or two dungeons but would like to be viable there too.

Currently I’ve tried conditions with D/D and P/D, S/P with decent damage and survivability through Valk gear, and a more squishy burst D/D build with 30 in Crit and 30 in Sa. I really like conditions as I can kite my enemy while their health ticks away but I was told it isn’t great for dungeons. I don’t care too much for S/P since its mostly standing in one spot spamming 3. With the D/D backstab build I’m having a good bit of fun and like taking things out with a few hits but I am pretty squishy even with 30 in SA.

I apologize if my post seems vague or messy. I would just like advice on what would be a viable build to run for PvE/WvW/Dungeons.

Edit: I should also mention that I’ve tried S/D and don’t care for it in PvE, maybe it would work in WvW for me. I also haven’t tried D/P but have heard good things about it so it may be worth trying. I’ve spent a good chunk of my gold on several sets of armor so I need to narrow it down xD

Demeter (Thief)
[RMNT] Maguuma

(edited by Demeter Aurion.7381)

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

p/d condition is the best overall build for 1 v x and zerging…… d/p is best overal 1 v 1 1 v 2 build…..s/d is good in spvp.

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I would suggest a D/P build; it’s survivable, the blinds are useful, the interrupts are useful, and overall a very solid weapon set for these game modes.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

WvW: If you have a power build with good damage reduction (+30%), S/P is the strongest set you have and mastering it will allow you to get even with classes that are otherwise unbeatable (e.g. bunker Guardian/Elementalist/Mesmer/Ranger..). Off-hand D/P because it is ridiculous easy to enter stealth with, has heartseeker and backstab, which is nice once you steal boons and lower HP and want to finikitten off quickly.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Deathspike is talking about d/p, not s/p.

Dont fool yourself playing ezmode. s/d and d/d are fine and you wont be a cheesy runaway if sth goes wrong. You might die evenntually though.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Can't Decide

in Thief

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Currently I’ve tried conditions with D/D and P/D, S/P with decent damage and survivability through Valk gear, and a more squishy burst D/D build with 30 in Crit and 30 in Sa. I really like conditions as I can kite my enemy while their health ticks away but I was told it isn’t great for dungeons.

For condition builds in dungeons, bring along a short bow. Drop poison fields for others to finish in, use cluster bomb when someone else drops a field (might stacks!), and keep using both for the condition damage.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!