Can thief apply 9-10 boons at once?

in Thief

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

He stole plasma from you xD. Dodge steal (it is on 20 sec CD so even if he gets first one you can predict seconds one) and he will be forced to run, especially if you are condi.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

o.o either the thieves you fight are terrible or you just haven’t fought very many… because it’s literally the only thing that lets them have a chance against condi mes, and has a heavy impact against power.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

o.o either the thieves you fight are terrible or you just haven’t fought very many.

This. Any thief that doesn’t use consume plasma vs mes is most likely either new or bad.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

o.o either the thieves you fight are terrible or you just haven’t fought very many… because it’s literally the only thing that lets them have a chance against condi mes, and has a heavy impact against power.

I don’t PvP a whole lot so thats probably a large part of the reason.

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

hahah, oh wow…

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Because I wasn’t aware that thieves could do this and was not prepared to fight her.

hahah, oh wow…

I’m glad at least the regulars here who usually help people out actually answered the question instead of take a bunch of cheep shots, especially since we tell everyone to learn about our class in pvp and wvw forums when they encounter something they don’t know. People get around to registering something at different times than others, not a big deal and it doesn’t hurt hammer out in a thread.

Also wouldn’t hurt to bring a thief alt into pvp lobby and try it out a few times to at least log in the animations you want to look out for, even if you’re not interesting in climbing the ladder it’s still fun to fill out that catalog anyway.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Because I wasn’t aware that thieves could do this and was not prepared to fight her.

hahah, oh wow…

I’m glad at least the regulars here who usually help people out actually answered the question instead of take a bunch of cheep shots, especially since we tell everyone to learn about our class in pvp and wvw forums when they encounter something they don’t know. People get around to registering something at different times than others, not a big deal and it doesn’t hurt hammer out in a thread.

Also wouldn’t hurt to bring a thief alt into pvp lobby and try it out a few times to at least log in the animations you want to look out for, even if you’re not interesting in climbing the ladder it’s still fun to fill out that catalog anyway.

For the most part people only take cheap shots here if you pretend to know what you’re talking about but it’s obvious you don’t.

If you’re new and just plain don’t understand something, usually it doesn’t summon the trolls.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

kash.9213

hahah, oh wow…

For the most part people only take cheap shots here if you pretend to know what you’re talking about but it’s obvious you don’t.

If you’re new and just plain don’t understand something, usually it doesn’t summon the trolls.

Did you read the thread or where are you going with that? You normally post with reason here even when you just rehash what someone else already posted but it looks like you’re reaching for an argument where there is none in my post.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Lexander.4579

hahah, oh wow…

nice way to slide in an insult with a tint of elitism all the while acting a white knight, well done son

the person you are educating right now though has been acting all kitten about game balance and backtalking everyone who knows better than him and now he comes to ask about one of the basic class skills, nice

in Thief

kash.9213

nice way to slide in an insult with a tint of elitism all the while acting a white knight, well done son

the person you are educating right now though has been acting all kitten about game balance and backtalking everyone who knows better than him and now he comes to ask about one of the basic class skills, nice

I gave compliment to the thieves here including Azure even if he’s generally a kitten he usually adds to a discussion, I have no interest in being coy about anything. So what if the op is a troll, you fed into it while others answered a question. I gave a kitten suggestion that basically said, “I don’t know, go try it out”, how is that elitist? I think some of you are so used to trashing each other here with three plus paragraph posts you think everyone has some hidden message or jab at you.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

in Thief

Lexander.4579

I gave compliment to the thieves here including Azure even if he’s generally a kitten he usually adds to a discussion, I have no interest in being coy about anything. So what if the op is a troll, you fed into it while others answered a question. I gave a kitten suggestion that basically said, “I don’t know, go try it out”, how is that elitist? I think some of you are so used to trashing each other here with three plus paragraph posts you think everyone has some hidden message or jab at you.

you’d have no reason to quote me then if that wasnt your intent

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I remember when Thief countered Mesmer so hard that it was often just a hinderance to have Mesmers with you during a team fight as they basically just served as boon bot for the enemy Thieves

Gandara

in Thief

Lexander.4579

I remember when Thief countered Mesmer so hard that it was often just a hinderance to have Mesmers with you during a team fight as they basically just served as boon bot for the enemy Thieves

yeah right because there was a time when thieves were a meta must have class that can be stacked

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

hahah, oh wow…

For the most part people only take cheap shots here if you pretend to know what you’re talking about but it’s obvious you don’t .

If you’re new and just plain don’t understand something , usually it doesn’t summon the trolls.

Did you read the thread or where are you going with that? You normally post with reason here even when you just rehash what someone else already posted but it looks like you’re reaching for an argument where there is none in my post.

?

Why is what I said not reasonable?

:y I was just commenting on the nature of the thread, not arguing with you.
I bolded what I was talking about. Examine the OP.

All that being said I’m sure someone reading this post didnt know that, so my post was for them moreso than… a certain person pretending to be new.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

yeah right because there was a time when thieves were a meta must have class that can be stacked

Weird response. But nice to know.

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Unless he’s referring to like week 1-2 after release when they were actually overpowered because of a few abilities being release with interactions the dev team didn’t see coming, it was sarcasm, lol. Aside from launch, the thief has never been stacked and has been at most a one-of.

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

pretty embrassing for the op.

in Thief

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Unless he’s referring to like week 1-2 after release when they were actually overpowered because of a few abilities being release with interactions the dev team didn’t see coming, it was sarcasm, lol. Aside from launch, the thief has never been stacked and has been at most a one-of.

He could be referring to wvw. Thieves used to be able to destroy mesmers there pretty easily. I miss those days. Now I’m forced to constantly kite and reset while they facetank and mindlessly spam condis. Make one mistake and they melt you while they can just make nonstop mistakes and not be punished for it.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The thief : mesmer matchup favored the thief more in sPvP than it did in WvW. The argument used to be based on the mesmer being squishy since power ran berserker amulet, as did the thief, and the thief could much easier get the jump on and subsequently instantly kill the mesmer. Condi wasn’t as strong as it is now and was dependent on extended fights from PU which would cause lost point control.

Chrono obviously changes this and the Daredevil in this matchup stands at a wildly-swinging measure of performance mostly based on what builds are being played.

A good mesmer will and should absolutely annihilate a mediocre thief in WvW. Good vs good… it’s a big toss-up that really favors neither.

in Thief

Lexander.4579

isnt it obvious that my comment about stacking thief is ploughing sarcastic? god…

thief’s always been in a disadvantage dueling vs other classes all the way until HoT introduced staff and d/d condi builds

and d/p has always been about jumping and quickly killing off unexperienced, less skilled or simply outnumbered enenmies

in Thief

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

thief’s always been in a disadvantage dueling vs other classes all the way until HoT introduced staff and d/d condi builds

Go back about two years, and Thief ate Mesmer alive in PvP. Balance changes in the leadup to Heart of Thorns, and the eventual release of Chronomancer and the advent of the Chronobunker, changed that, and things are more balanced now. But there was a very long period from two to three years ago where Thieves ate Mesmers alive in PvP, to the extent that the Mesmer class was viewed as a liability for teams because of the presence of Thieves in the meta.

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Go back about two years, and Thief ate Mesmer alive in PvP. Balance changes in the leadup to Heart of Thorns, and the eventual release of Chronomancer and the advent of the Chronobunker, changed that, and things are more balanced now. But there was a very long period from two to three years ago where Thieves ate Mesmers alive in PvP, to the extent that the Mesmer class was viewed as a liability for teams because of the presence of Thieves in the meta.

Once the SD was nerfed it changed for us mesmers. It was about a year total of complete hard counter. Afterwards it wasn’t nearly as bad as,most mesmers cry on about and in a straight 1v1 a better mesmer beat a worse thief player.