Can we improve the attitude of these forums?

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I am just getting really sick of coming onto this forum and seeing a giant whine fest. I understand people would like to explain their issues but can you do it in a way that won’t start a completely stupid argument? Here are some simple ‘guidelines’ to follow…

- When posting about high damage backstabs or other insane things people aren’t likely to believe. Can you please show some proof or whatever to back up your info.
- When making big posts which are saying how thief is like totally not OP and stuff then how about explaining to some of the community how to counter certain builds instead of repeatedly typing L2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2P.

There are other things which I cannot be bothered to go over right now, but it’s quite simple to keep these forums a healthy place. Thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Welcome to a MMO forum.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in Thief

Posted by: Daredent.2961

Daredent.2961

Be careful what you ask for …

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

nice guy + internet anonymity = kitten

Problem here is that people don’t post if they’re happy or just casually enjoying the game.

I love this class. I do fine in pvp. I can get grounded quickly by a good player but I’m still happy with the class. We are and hope to stay high on the burst and squish scales…

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Thief

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

- When posting about high damage backstabs or other insane things people aren’t likely to believe. Can you please show some proof or whatever to back up your info.

When proof is shown, thieves get whiney and the post gets locked. See the many, many locked threads in this forum.

- When making big posts which are saying how thief is like totally not OP and stuff then how about explaining to some of the community how to counter certain builds instead of repeatedly typing L2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2P.

Likely not going to happen since the players that make the ‘L2P’ posts are the ones using the gimmick builds and have no idea, nor do they care to learn, how to counter them. They’re likely to just fill their posts with “dodge more bro” since they don’t realize how much more often thieves can dodge/evade than any other class in the game.

There are other things which I cannot be bothered to go over right now, but it’s quite simple to keep these forums a healthy place. Thanks.

I agree there should be more decorum. But as others have said, this is an internet forum. … I didn’t mean to rhyme just then ….

Anyway, I’d just like to add that you’re posting in the forum of the most played class for skill-less PvPers in any MMO. The stealthy dps class. Don’t believe me? Check any other forum in any other game that has a class like this. Guaranteed to be the most active with ‘L2P’ and ‘OP’ posts out of all others.

in Thief

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

9/10 the people who trying L2P are the people usually using/playing what people dislike. However when finally get balanced out and the table gets flipped everyone switches positions and you will have your moment to go L2P.

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Likely not going to happen since the players that make the ‘L2P’ posts are the ones using the gimmick builds and have no idea, nor do they care to learn, how to counter them. They’re likely to just fill their posts with “dodge more bro” since they don’t realize how much more often thieves can dodge/evade than any other class in the game.

For your information, to get the benefits of increased dodge capabilities in comparison to other classes, you need to invest in the Acrobatics traitline, which ruins any idea of running what you call a “gimmick” build, since you don’t have any damage benefit from it, just a bit of extra HP.

Perhaps you should actually look at the Thief’s class before you make judgements like that.

And to VictorTroska, being a sarcastic, self-righteous ninny will get you nowhere. Not to mention how hilariously wrong you are to begin with.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zeveross.4320

Zeveross.4320

The thing with forums is that very few people post on them to say things like, “This game is awesome!” “Man I love my class!” most of those people are busy playing the game and having fun. Thus the overall negativity of forums.