Can you hear them?

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.

I feel the QQ in the air coming back from other professions players.

hue

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

well glas cannons receive an hard hit
basilik – daze not stun
4 seconds reveal after the backstab

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

No, Basilisk is a stun not a daze. It’d be stupid to turn someone into stone, into a stone statue that can still move.

The problem was that if you stun breaked out of Basilisk, you still were unable to move or dodge for the full duration because of a hidden immobilize effect that wasn’t removed.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

As a mesmer, I’m happier with the longer duration of revealed. More time for me to target and damage.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

As a mesmer, I’m happier with the longer duration of revealed. More time for me to target and damage.

Also happy. Considering what they originally had plan, thieves should consider themselves lucky at this point.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Can you hear them?

in Thief

stof.9341

Maybe Mesmers should get a “Revealed” debuff too after any shatter that prevents them from making any new clones for the duration … More time for us to target and damage them.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

wookie.8934

Maybe Mesmers should get a “Revealed” debuff too after any shatter that prevents them from making any new clones for the duration … More time for us to target and damage them.

Because you already didn’t have enough? It’s one second.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: RetroSamus.9860

RetroSamus.9860

One second is a lot in pvp…

Can you hear them?

in Thief

wookie.8934

Not enough to break the entire class and every build that relies on stealth spam. It’s not as long as you think.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

basilik – daze not stun

The patch notes seemed pretty clear. This skill used to unofficially apply <Stun + Immobilize> when used in PvP / WvW. When people used a Stun Breaker, they still sat there under the Immobilize effect. As a response, ArenaNet removed the unmentioned Immobilize. All things considered, the skill still applies the Stun like it’s shown on the tool tip.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

1 second is not too much …
try this:

+33% duration of reveald buff.

it seems more now…

fixed.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Can you hear them?

in Thief

stof.9341

It is just 33% longer than before.

But hey, if the thief weapon skills outside of autoattacks and the stealth attacks didn’t all suck to deal damage, maybe we wouldn’t be complaining too much about this.

(edited by stof.9341)

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Anet jumped the gun and catered to the crying.

Its a sad day, but at least I know now that if I cry loud enough and hard enough on these forums I can get classes nerfed.

Either way this change borks PvE thieves hard, and it hits thieves who want to run melee in group fights.

Shoulda just removed culling and re-evaluated.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: RetroSamus.9860

RetroSamus.9860

Not enough to break the entire class and every build that relies on stealth spam. It’s not as long as you think.

Of course it is not enough to break to class, but one more second of being visible is kinda bad.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Also happy. Considering what they originally had plan, thieves should consider themselves lucky at this point.

It would have been much better to get the debuff for 3 seconds after leaving stealth every single time. This destroyed so many builds, especially in PvE. Imagine P/D condition thieves now, they got their only way to apply bleeds nerfed to uselessness. The basilisk venom nerf hit the backstabber thieves hard. They nerfed caltrops close to useless. They nerfed quickness and fixed Haste so that we got one more second at least, but they completely forgot about Critical Haste, so they just made that trait useless.

Thank you ANet for completely kittening up a good class. You just made PvE even more horrible and destroyed one of our elite skills (which was the only one usable under water…).

Melder – Thief

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

As a P/D Thief, I have to say this sucks.

I will have to test how many more 1s I have to use before the CnD, but this 1 second will lower P/D dps through bleeding a lot. Maybe the third skill will become useful to get rid of some melees while waiting for Revealed to go.

If at least the animation for 1 was fixed so it isn’t so slow it would compensate the reduction in our Sneak Attack rate.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

They can still chain stealth off you, you know. In fact this patch encourages it.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

They can still chain stealth off you, you know. In fact this patch encourages it.

I think I just might start doing this, but you really can’t kill anyone with CnD and it gets dull after a while. Completely useless in a small group fight. However, I’m glad that the devs did not implement their original plan of revealed no matter how you leave stealth. My D/P primary weapon set is saved.

Also, whatever happened to the shatter damage nerf mesmers were going to get now that GS auto pierces?

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Of course it is not enough to break to class, but one more second of being visible is kinda bad.

It’s long enough to totally destroy the usual backstab rotation in PvE.
(C&D >> Backstab >> Autoattack chain >> C&D >>> Backstab)

That extra second makes imposible to use C&D right after finishing the autoattack chain because now you are still revealed. You either have to wait (losing DPS) or insert another attack in the middle (consuming more initiative and exhausting yourself in the process). Either way, you end losing DPS since you cannot longer backstab as often as before.

Fortunately, we can still change our build to condition damage and use caltrops to…. AAARGGG!!!!

(edited by Kyrion.2749)

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I want to enjoy this game. I really, really do. But the people in charge of making changes are just so wildly incompetent, it truly disturbs me.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

When a mesmer shatters, you can still target them and even attack them unless it was distortion (60 sec cooldown) … horrible argument is horrible. l2p and not talk about classes you have no clue about.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Kyrion.2749

It’s long enough to totally destroy the usual backstab rotation in PvE.
(C&D >> Backstab >> Autoattack chain >> C&D >>> Backstab)

That extra second makes imposible to use C&D right after finishing the autoattack chain because now you are still revealed. You either have to wait (losing DPS) or insert another attack in the middle (consuming more initiative and exhausting yourself in the process). Either way, you end losing DPS since you cannot longer backstab as often as before.

Nope… it goes from this (base damage):

CnD (500) -> BS (800) -> base attacks (750) -> Repeat

to this:

CnD (500) -> BS (800) -> base attacks (750) -> 1 more round of base attack (750) -> Repeat

No extra initiative needed. Over time damage is going to be minimally impacted and we will still be a spike damage king in WvW.

You said it… Over time. Your calculation doesn’t take into account the time it takes to perform each action.

It takes 3 seconds to perform the Auto-attack Chain. (750 base damage)
in those 3 seconds you could fit the C&D +Backstab combo (500 + 800 base damage)

Do yourself the math, 1300 – 750 = 550 base damage loss, according to your new rotation

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

As a P/D Thief, I have to say this sucks.

I will have to test how many more 1s I have to use before the CnD, but this 1 second will lower P/D dps through bleeding a lot. Maybe the third skill will become useful to get rid of some melees while waiting for Revealed to go.

If at least the animation for 1 was fixed so it isn’t so slow it would compensate the reduction in our Sneak Attack rate.

Right now I’m glad I went away from P/D, because they utterly destroyed it… In three rotations (CnD → Sneak Attack → Auto Attack → Repeat) you’ll actually loose an entire rotation (5 stacks of bleed). Which in the long run will make lots of damage loss. P/D thieves already have to draw out a fight to actually down a player, now they’ll have to draw it out even further, which hurts a lot for a squishy thief.

Rotation destroyed, you’ll have to do some extra dodging or waste initiative on getting distance from the target, but then again, you need to be up close to stealth….

Melder – Thief

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: ReFLeX.8129

ReFLeX.8129

I also would have gladly welcomed the revealed debuff on all exits of stealth vs the extra 1 second revealed.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: SubjectZero.6497

SubjectZero.6497

I also would have gladly welcomed the revealed debuff on all exits of stealth vs the extra 1 second revealed.

Agreed. Doing so would stop the “perma invis” problem while leaving the attack chains unharmed.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

stof.9341

But the 1s more revealed causes a big loss in condition cleansing and might stacks and healing on stealth. And for P/D it’s actually a big DPS loss cause the normal attack is pitiful. And for S/D you lose a lot of uptime on daze.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

No, Basilisk is a stun not a daze. It’d be stupid to turn someone into stone, into a stone statue that can still move.

The problem was that if you stun breaked out of Basilisk, you still were unable to move or dodge for the full duration because of a hidden immobilize effect that wasn’t removed.

And thank God they finally fixed this. As a thief, if another thief would jump me with Basilisk, I would just Shadowstep away. Avoiding the backstab, however, not being able to dodge the inevitable HS spam by noobs that would follow it.

Now I can get out of the backstab setup, dodge the HS, without having to blow my Shadow Return, and instead set them up for the backstab myself.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

And thank God they finally fixed this. As a thief, if another thief would jump me with Basilisk, I would just Shadowstep away. Avoiding the backstab, however, not being able to dodge the inevitable HS spam by noobs that would follow it.

Now I can get out of the backstab setup, dodge the HS, without having to blow my Shadow Return, and instead set them up for the backstab myself.

Where I don’t condone HS spam…how can they be noobs if they know they can spam HS and you can’t avoid it? Sounds like a solid game plan…lol

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Sylvar.8512

Sylvar.8512

That was a most unfair and most unlogical nerf I’ve ever seen… :P Espescialy when they put such a thing after HALF YEAR of skilling as a thief! After half year its hard to change your habits fighting in pvp and REMEBER to wait 1 more seconds to not waste your ininciative AND DIE… ARENANET- WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING?! You could give even 5seconds reaveal but not now- after I and other ppl play this game for HALF YEAR. Give me a person who bring this “brilliant” idea and I will convince him that it was the worst nerf for thief and – what is worse- FOR PLAYERS SKILLS you could ever do…

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

imo since they can pull resources from every team in the office they should pull into the balance dev “team” (if there is one) the person with the highest IQ in the office.

From the Cleaner’s team, the old lady that cleans the office’s toilets.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Kyrion.2749

You don’t have to finish the base attack chain to CnD and BS.

Then, you lose the poison damage from the chain end, plus any associated effects.

As soon as you cloak, BS comes up. A player isn’t loosing CnD/BS, it is being exchanged for additional base attacks over time.

Additional base attacks that on the long run do less damage per second than another C&D+BS combo. Not to mention that those attacks must be timed perfectly in order to squeeze the next C&D, because if the animation for the next base attack in the chain starts, C&D gets queued behind it.

Look, I have no time (nor patience) to draw you a DPS chart, but essentially, the longer the fight, the more DPS thieves end up losing compared to the previous rotation.

Also manually performing the base attacks, I can almost always squeeze in more than one full rotation even before the patch.

The auto-attack chain is already performed at maximum speed by the game’s autopilot. If you manually perform it, you could aspire to match it, at best, but in all probability, you’ll end up doing it slower/less efficiently.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

Now they need the add 4 more seconds to Ele’s attunements cycle

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Where I don’t condone HS spam…how can they be noobs if they know they can spam HS and you can’t avoid it? Sounds like a solid game plan…lol

Becouse most of them will continue Heartseeking untill they run out of initiative no matter where u at . I have seen that plenty times when they perform their Cnd steal BS combo and start spamming Heartseeker untill burn out. They literally fly through field w/o target couse Im allready stealthed and circle around for backstab.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not just the being revealed part that sucks, the attack chain order is so annoying now, I can’t stand it. Waiting to interrupt the last auto attack in the 2nd dagger chain ina row continually~ it’s just no fun and slower DPS now. Fighting mobs in PvE just irritates me now. I woulda welcomed reveal after not attacking over this cuz at least I keep my offensive style.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Can you hear them?

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

Becouse most of them will continue Heartseeking untill they run out of initiative no matter where u at . I have seen that plenty times when they perform their Cnd steal BS combo and start spamming Heartseeker untill burn out. They literally fly through field w/o target couse Im allready stealthed and circle around for backstab.

Haha, god those fights are hilarious. Even more so if you have blind on stealth. I feel my win of a 1v2 against 2 HS spammers was won because of that trait.

[snip]

Not just the being revealed part that sucks, the attack chain order is so annoying now, I can’t stand it. Waiting to interrupt the last auto attack in the 2nd dagger chain ina row continually~ it’s just no fun and slower DPS now. Fighting mobs in PvE just irritates me now. I woulda welcomed reveal after not attacking over this cuz at least I keep my offensive style.

This. I’ve seen a couple people do it, one specificially, in sPvP where they chain CnD. I might have done it a couple times just to stall, or get into a better position. But 98% of the time if I hit CnD, I’m going for that Backstab. Dont have all day to sit there and chain stealth, I want you dead, NOW!

(edited by Kneru.8014)