Can you turn off your trickshot?

in Thief

Posted by: Metamega.9025

Metamega.9025

Is there a way you can turn off trickshot? Today I was in a situation where I wanted to pull a single mob out at a time to practice some strafing and stuff. Problem is, my trickshot is very unpredictable and it decided to aggro 6 bandits. I managed to take them on somehow lol, but it was not ideal.

The mechanics of this game are so complex and I couldn’t find anything on google.

My first char was a ranger, which was interesting but very boring and tiring watching my bear tank and me throw 1000 arrows to kill a little lone centaur.

Second char I decided to make a thief, which was fun but the squishiness was unbearable. Didnt’ help that I had come from a console and pc gaming was new to me and keyboard controls were tricky even though I’m an excellent typer.

Made an elementalist which was fun, but was squishy and the idea of having to change attunements to really become awesome kind of annoyed me(might go back to this one)

Made a mesmer, which was amazingly fun but then it kind of got too rinse repeat (will go back tot his one since its suppose to really open up at level 40 and up.

Went back to my thief after putting in a lot of hours and with the controls and mechanics I’ve learned, its an absolute blast.

I’ve added circle strafing to my arsenal which is amazing for single mobs I find. I’ve really learned the dodge mechanics now so I go a lot of times now without getting hit which is awesome. I use to spam my dodge just to get away so now I’ve learned to let them wind up the swimg sometimes.

Probably gonna main this thief now since its just so much fun. After you play the other classes, I love putting up my combat chat and watching my crits and scatter bombs hit, just awesome.

in Thief

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

what do you mean by “turn off”? if you mean the auto attack, then yes, you can turn off 1 from automatically going off

if you mean taking away trick shot from 1, then no

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you want to range single targets, I suggest a Pistol. P/D event has the retreating 3 skill, albeit a bit different.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Trick shot is a bouncer. I dont mean that he is usually seen at the entrance of Clubs, but rather that the shot bounces off targets. You cannot disable it. However, you can turn off auto attack by right clicking+shift (or control, cant remember now).

Adapt or die. I never die.

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Use Disabling shot to pull that 1 mob to you then auto attack away when its not close to another enemy

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

It’s a changeable trait, so you’d need to do it on the trait section of your character sheet. It’s not a turn on/off button on the main UI however.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s a changeable trait, so you’d need to do it on the trait section of your character sheet. It’s not a turn on/off button on the main UI however.

Trick shot is a 3 bounce inherent to the short bow. It can not be turned off. He’s not talking about ricochet… which is what I think you were thinking of?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Disable auto-attack so you don’t start throwing AoEs after the first hit and use disabling shot.

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You can also use scorpion wire (utility skill) for precision long range pulls. It has a nice ability to actually pull apart linked chains of mobs and to royally ruin the day of people not paying attention in WvW wallfights.

Although the wire has a cooldown, it doesn’t aggro anything if it doesn’t hit (say the target moved too much) and can usually pick one mob out of a pack for you if you max range it. I put it on my bar any time our group needs a tactical pull as such.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

use scorpion wire or a cluster bomb to pull the single mobs. Careful though, since both deal damage, if there is another mob too close, it’ll agro that one when it sees its friend getting hit

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Trick shot is a 3 bounce inherent to the short bow. It can not be turned off. He’s not talking about ricochet… which is what I think you were thinking of?

Yes, that is what I was thinking of! My apologies for the bad info

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map